• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Jessica Jones Trailer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That David Tennnat in purple. I hope they use him for the movies, his power is too good.

This looks so damn good. Can't wait.

Goodstyle

This seems very good, but the first trailer got me soooo much more hyped. Gonna stick to repetitively watching that until this premieres thank you very much.

kai3345

Banned
This looks so fucking good. Purple Man is supposed to be menacing as fuck and at least from the trailers it looks like they've pulled that off perfectly

That David Tennnat in purple. I hope they use him for the movies, his power is too good.

This looks so damn good. Can't wait.

Do you think his previous role as Doctor will get in the way of his villainous role as Purple Man? The tone of the show seems to have effectively washed his previous character away, but I'll have to see more before I can be sure.

Varna

Comic spoilers.

How are they going to explain
her getting away form the Purple man in this?
I doubt they will have her fighting the
Avengers and there is no Jean Grey in this universe to help her put up barriers

HeySeuss

Looks awesome. I know nothing about the comics but this looks cool af.

That looked like the actress that played Trinity?

Do you think his previous role as Doctor will get in the way of his villainous role as Purple Man? The tone of the show seems to have effectively washed his previous character away, but I'll have to see more before I can be sure.

Roles in Broadchurch and the like have diluted his Doctor image.

He's my favourite Doctor after Capaldi

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Looks real good. My mom is already into it being she's all about women with super powers who kick ass. She's definitely going to enjoy this one.

Slayven

Purple Man is the poor man's Mandrill

Mandrill%201.jpg

Blues1990

Even though most people will remember David Tennant as the pretty chipper (if somewhat dorky) 10th Doctor, he was capable of being terrifying when the situation arise. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the role of Mr. Killgrave, as I want to see how far he can go with the role.

Platy

Please don't crew this up .... PLEASE DON'T SCREW THIS UP !

You have a
rape survivor
fighting against
her rapist
and people trying to attempt suicide ... PLEASE DON'T SCREW THIS UP

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Please don't crew this up .... PLEASE DON'T SCREW THIS UP !

You have a
rape survivor
fighting against
her rapist
and people trying to attempt suicide ... PLEASE DON'T SCREW THIS UP
I don't know what will be the case in the show, but in the comics,
even though he raped other women he didn't sexually assault Jessica herself.

Spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/mgnl0Gj.jpg

I don't think the Doctor is really a typecast sort of role anymore. Capaldi had a long career doing great stuff and likely took it on to get the kind of offers Tennant started getting after his run.

Honestly it seems like most of this genre stuff gets you more work in general rather than being typecast to keep doing sci fi or whatever like it used to. Look at all the Game of Thrones actors showing up everywhere.

I agree, but I asked because the disparity in personality between those two characters is pretty damn huge. Even if an actor isn't typecast, it would require switching from one end of the acting spectrum to the other. Nevertheless, Tennant seems like he'll do just fine, so that's encouraging.

Even though most people will remember David Tennant as the pretty chipper (if somewhat dorky) 10th Doctor, he was capable of being terrifying when the situation arise. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the role of Mr. Killgrave, as I want to see how far he can go with the role.

After seeing the trailers it feels like Tenant is Killgrave. Now it's all on the writers of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom