• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Jessica Jones Trailer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw yeah.

7qC398I.png

matmanx1

I don't know anything about Jessica Jones but Daredevil on Netflix was so good that I am going to watch this series based on that alone. From the trailers it does not look like I will be disappointed.

Sheroking

Fully expect this to be better than Daredevil, which was VERY overrated by most (and I still overall liked it).

Kilgrave looks like he could be the first truly great MCU villain.

I'd never seen Krysten Ritter in anything until Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, but man, I really liked her character in that series. Seems like she fits well in this role too. I'm excited for this to release.

Do you think his previous role as Doctor will get in the way of his villainous role as Purple Man? The tone of the show seems to have effectively washed his previous character away, but I'll have to see more before I can be sure.

Not sure if you're a Brit, but both before and since playing the Doctor he's had a whole lot of prominent UK TV drama roles as creepers and rapists! He's very good at it, and in a weird way that was part of why he was cast as the Doctor, really -- he can be cheery, handsome, grinning and charming with a really terrifying darkness underneath. He'll do brilliantly, I should think. You may have a 'what the fuck' moment as you realize that this type of role is actually his true niche and the Doctor was sort of an outlier, though.

Chariot

Not sure if you're a Brit, but both before and since playing the Doctor he's had a whole lot of prominent UK TV drama roles as creepers and rapists! He's very good at it, and in a weird way that was part of why he was cast as the Doctor, really -- he can be cheery, handsome, grinning and charming with a really terrifying darkness underneath. He'll do brilliantly, I should think. You may have a 'what the fuck' moment as you realize that this type of role is actually his true niche and the Doctor was sort of an outlier, though.
I think the charming goof with the hidden darkness is exactly what they wanted for the Doctor. After all it was part of the story that arced from Eccleston over Tennant to Smith where the Doctor was trying to run away from the guilt of killing his people, hiding behind that overly funny man. Not exactly rapist or creeper, but the sense of something hidden behind the smile.

Great trailer. I thought I was being racist in thinking the black guy was Locke from Halo 5, so I had to go to Wikipedia and make sure. He's a pretty sexy dude.

TP-DK

Was that Morgan Freeman in the interrogation scene? He's not listed on IMDB but it sure looked like him.

I'm American, so I haven't really seen much of him outside of Doctor Who. Based on what you're saying, I think this role should pose little challenge to him, which is good.

I'm American, so I haven't really seen much of him outside of Doctor Who. Based on what you're saying, I think this role should pose little challenge to him, which is good.

The guy's a proper Shakespearian actor. Playing villains is their bread and butter.

(You should watch Broadchurch as he's really good in that. No idea what the US remake Gracepoint is like).

That's what I was alluding to. The roles Tennant got after Doctor Who were both high profile and completely unlike The Doctor. He's well past worrying about whether he can play a more explicitly dark character and sell audiences on it.

The guy's a proper Shakespearian actor. Playing villains is their bread and butter.

(You should watch Broadchurch as he's really good in that. No idea what the US remake Gracepoint is like).

Good to know. Thanks.

david tennant's gonna kill it

god damn, it's getting pretty apparent that netflix is where the entertaining marvel studios villains are at. in their case dark and gritty > mickey mouse stuff after all....

doop_

Banned
If doctor who was going to go super dark and cast a female doctor, fuck i feek like krysten ritter would be perfect.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Prodigy remains superior. Seeing them the 18th, seems like the perfect hype up for JJ.

Get ready to be murderized.

I've seen them twice now and they put one hell of a show.

I hope they use them in the show instead of just keeping their songs for the trailer. The Day is my Enemy is one belter after another.

david tennant's gonna kill it.
Whovians won't know what hit them.

Not even gonna bother watching it, I just wanted to stay ignorant of when it was coming out so that I don't end up actively waiting for it but fuck ... op shat all over that :/

In for David Tennant. The plot looks pretty me-too, but I always enjoy Tennant.

I hope they don't keep using the "you're strong... for a girl" motif. She's strong for a human. Leave the gendered connotation out of it, thanks.

Slayven

In for David Tennant. The plot looks pretty me-too, but I always enjoy Tennant.

I hope they don't keep using the "you're strong... for a girl" motif. She's strong for a human. Leave the gendered connotation out of it, thanks.

All things considered if they keep power levels relative, she should be the 5th strongest person on MCU earth

dabig2

All things considered if they keep power levels relative, she should be the 5th strongest person on MCU earth

What would be the ranking? Like, how should she compare to MCU Drax? I'm assuming villains and Asgardians will be left off too (cause way too many).

Slayven

What would be the ranking? Like, how should she compare to MCU Drax? I'm assuming villains and Asgardians will be left off too (cause way too many).

Hulk of course
Thor
Iron Man
Luke Cage
Jessica

Drax and Gamora got neutered so hard, soooooo soooo hard.

Toa TAK

Banned
Luke Cage is coming after this, right?

Not even gonna bother watching it, I just wanted to stay ignorant of when it was coming out so that I don't end up actively waiting for it but fuck ... op shat all over that :/
🎻🎻🎻🎻

dabig2

Hulk of course
Thor
Iron Man
Luke Cage
Jessica

Drax and Gamora got neutered so hard, soooooo soooo hard.

Yeah, neutered them to just a little above Cap levels or even lower like Deathlok levels. Pretty disappointing.

Vision is pretty strong even in Ultron though. I'd put him above both Luke and Jessica in pure strength. Probably above Iron Man too.

Slayven

Yeah, neutered them to just a little above Cap levels or even lower like Deathlok levels. Pretty disappointing.

Vision is pretty strong even in Ultron though. I'd put him above both Luke and Jessica in pure strength. Probably above Iron Man too.

You know I completely forgot about Vision. Yeah put him above the power couple.

Drax and Gamora are extinction level events in comics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom