• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer - Fallout 4 - First look performance analysis (XBO wins?!)

Krakn3Dfx

I like NX Gamer, and this kind of jives with people's real world experiences more than what we've heard from DF. I've been playing the PS4 version and it's been mostly fine (3 or so hours into the PS4 version, almost 15 hours into the PC version), but clearly both versions (and the PC to a lesser extent) have some issues that need to be ironed out, but likely most won't be because Bethesda.

What is NXGamer? We only need one of these technical look at websites please.

Seriously?
94408-Ice-Cube-HUH-wtf-WHAT-THE-FUCK-4pAG.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What is NXGamer? We only need one of these technical look at websites please.

Hoo-doo

Banned
These games have way too many variables to accurately compare two platforms without adhering to very controlled conditions.

You'd have to have two identical saves on both platforms and visit the exact same locations, wear the same gear, engage the exact same enemies (which is random on either platform) and basically play the exact same way with the same choices made in quests, etcetera.

I've definitely seen a few of those "0 fps" stutters on the PS4 version. Frame rate has felt fine overall, 25-30 consistently if I had to guess.

Kama_1082

Banned
it also helps to quit every time you finish playing on the xbox one rather than leaving it on suspend. I left it on suspend Tuesday night and yesterday it was running like sluggish dog shit. Quit the game and restarted and was running smoother.

Putty

it also helps to quit every time you finish playing on the xbox one rather than leaving it on suspend. I left it on suspend Tuesday night and yesterday it was running like sluggish dog shit. Quit the game and restarted and was running smoother.

Had the exact same experience doing this on AC Syndicte on PS4.

After playing for 4 hours on my Xbox One yesterday the performance also went to bottom in Boston for some reason. Restarting the game helped.

I'm pretty sure the FPS drops in I guess downtown Boston are common across all 3 platforms (depending on your rig on PC as well). I have a GTX 770 2GB and I get 72FPS consistently everywhere else on the map (except for weird FPS drops in doors for whatever reason), as soon as I get to downtown Boston it drops to like 30-40.

Gurish

Man this game runs like shit on both consoles and it's the most outdated next gen only game on consoles, how the hell is it possible?
I would expect a game that looks like this to run at 60.

Did Bethesda said anything about patches?

I feel like DF was too hasty with their performance analysis. There are just too many variables to throw up something as quickly as they did.

Majanew

Banned
It's the engine. It's trying to save everything and it's buckling. There's still dead bodies lying around that I killed when I first started playing. That has to be very taxing, no?

It's the engine. It's trying to save everything and it's buckling. There's still dead bodies lying around that I killed when I first started playing. That has to be very taxing, no?

I remember in Skyrim you had to wait 30 in-game days (I think?) for the world to "clean" itself. Maybe it's the same for F4?

I was worried going into Fallout 4 with all the horror stories appearing before launch.

Have to say my experience has been pleasant, very few drops or hitches.

Lip sync issue has been the main problem encountered.

Interesting. My XB1 copy should be here this afternoon so I'll give it a go and see what's up. I know the performance won't be ideal, but hopefully it's not bad. That's all I care about.

Majanew

Banned
Bethesda needs to come out of denial and try to get a damn patch out ASAP. The game should have been delayed. Fuck your holiday deadline.

I feel like DF was too hasty with their performance analysis. There are just too many variable to throw up something as quick as they did.

Agreed, I was thinking the same thing, but I guess that's just the way the internet is, if you want the clicks, you gotta get your content out fast.

I like NX-Gamer, I've watched many of his technical analysis videos and he appears to know his stuff. I hope he gets more recognition for his work and I'd also like to see a couple of more professional technical review sites. I don't like DF being the end-all-be-all (so to speak).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yep. With Bethesda games, they could even do analysis between the same platform (white Xbox One vs. black Xbox One) and one will have more problems than the other one. :p

Isn't that the truth. Which shows since how their games load in cubes still, they are very HDD cache dependent. So if the two systems have different fragmentation or clogged cache partitions, the results will vary.

naitosan

Played Fallout 4 on Xbox One for couple of hours, didn't experience anything big drop or 0fps. I use external hdd so that's probably why.

i had something exactly like that in mad max yesterday too. and i was in the middle of the most baron desert in the game. not even any debris or cars around. i thought my PS4 had kicked the bucket. lol

As some people have said above, it might be because I tend to put my PS4 on supsend mode (to get quickly get back in the game) rather than turning it off. Maybe you're doing this too, it might somewhat affect the console memory or something like that.

Bethesda needs to come out of denial and try to get a damn patch out ASAP. The game should have been delayed. Fuck your holiday deadline.
I bet they'll patch the caps glitch before addressing the frame rate issues.

Top Bottom