• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum's Transformers Devastation is €25/£20 on EU PSN. Go grab this GotY contender

Tizoc

http://fat.gfycat.com/TheseFlippantIrishwaterspaniel.webm
Bomba, shmomba, game is well worth that price and I already double dipped for PS4+PC when it released and it was worth every cent.
UK PSN page for PS4 ver.
PS3 ver. page

Or if you want Retail
It's under £20 on all platforms at Amazon :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZU7WQW8/

TF Devastation takes the Platinum action game formula and mixes it with that 80s G1 Transformers goodness to offer a kickass Decepti-chop busting experience like never before-
Slide under enemies or Go into Vanquish-inspired bullet time to extend your combos
Activate Prime Time to quickly dodge enemy attacks and follow up with devastating combos
PERFORM FLASH KICKS AS A T-REX
SHORYUKEN DEVASTATOR AS BUMBLEBEE
BLOW UP MEGATRON'S FACE WITH OPTIMUS PRIME'S POWER GEYSER

and more crazy awesome shit, and it can be all yours on PS4 OR PS3 for the low low price of GBP 20 or EUR 25, cuz trust me, it is well worth the price and offers good replayability too.

Oh and did I mention that this game is a good contender for soundtrack of the year? Cuz dat OST is the most METAL soundtrack you'll hear all year-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1125260

Still not convinced?
Check out these awesome videos showcasing the cool combos and set ups you can do in the game

Check out this ridiculous combo and trick exhibition by XLHGladiator. He has one of the best channels I've seen for high level stylish action gameplay.

Hideki Kamiya plays Transformers: Devastation

"If Kamiya-san dies, he blocks himself on Twitter."
1Kck0zU.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrX0MHBZ_I

Thanks to Intel_89 for the price listing

Bearing in mind Activision are terrible at discounting their games and I don't think they ever do PS+ extra discounts, so if you're waiting on a digital price drop this is probably the best it's going to be for a while.

Tizoc

Will probably be cheaper if you wait a year
But it is totally worth it!

Yeah but what if PSN gets DDOSed this X-Mas AGAIN, but then you would still have TF Devastation to play while your neighbour is weeping they can't play their shooty bang online :V

IbukiLordSA

I paid full price and not even upset :) if I didn't already own this digitally I would have bought it again at that price. Incredible value for money with an incredible game.

Tizoc

Updated the first post with the retail listing :3

Oh and the DLC mainly adds a few strong weapons that you can use, but the game is do-able without them.

This and Rise of the Tomb Raider are the only games I've bought new this year. Both have been worth every cent.

Ignore anyone saying the game is short. The campaign is short. The game has replay value out the exhaust pipe.

Tizoc

This and Rise of the Tomb Raider are the only games I've bought new this year. Both have been worth every cent.

Ignore anyone saying the game is short. The campaign is short. The game has replay value out the exhaust pipe.

Replayability is what matters, beating the game on normal or easy was just the tutorial enemies and bosses get more aggro in higher difficulties.

J_Viper

The combat and art style are all this game has going for it. There are zero memorable moments, as opposed to the nonstop insanity of Platinum's best work.

The length is also ridiculously short. Yes, I know, it's meant to be replayed, but the campaign is nowhere near enjoyable or varied enough to play through twice, let alone five times.

It's still a decent ride considering the budget Platinum were probably given, but GoTY contender? Not even close.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
The combat and art style are all this game has going for it. There are zero memorable moments, as opposed to the nonstop insanity of Platinum's best work.

The length is also ridiculously short. Yes, I know, it's meant to be replayed, but the campaign is nowhere near enjoyable or varied enough to play through twice, let alone five times.

It's still a decent ride considering the budget Platinum were probably given, but GoTY contender? Not even close.
Due to all the acclaim I rented it last weekend. I was incredibly disappointed. Played it for a couple hours hoping it would get better then returned it. To me it felt like a downloadable budget game instead of a full price retail release.

Baalzebup

Lies detected. Just having Optimus burn Stascream with his trash-talking is plenty memorable.

Justinh

Weird seeing green in OP...

GOTY contender? Lol.

Yeah, lol, I think GOTY contender might be stretching it thin, but regardless it's a fantastic game and totally worth it for those sale prices. For full price? I'd have to say for fans only. At a discount I think it's a great buy.

According to the timer on my xbox, I played this game for 3 days 2 hours and 18 minutes. I understand, however, that not everybody will be so determined to git dat loot as I was. I didn't even really get into the challenges either...

At its core, this is a decent action game, but it's totally ruined by RPG elements. I'm glad I only rented it, but I'd probably be happier if I skipped it entirely.

leng jai

I liked the game but it's far from GOTY material. The campaign is ultra short, environments are super repetitive and barely anything surprises you.

Tizoc

Hmmm AU$25 for digital or AU$34 for physical.

PS4 games install their full size of the game from disc to PS4. The benefit of digital is you don't need to switch disc and the game will show the cover when your run it albeit it'll show it for a few seconds before fading to load the game :p

grimmiq

PS4 games install their full size of the game from disc to PS4. The benefit of digital is you don't need to switch disc and the game will show the cover when your run it albeit it'll show it for a few seconds before fading to load the game :p

True, but a physical copy gives me an addition to my shelf and saves me having to wait for an hour while PSN decides to use my 100mbps connection to it's fullest by downloading at 800KB-1.5MB/sec.

Bishop89

dunno if i should bite for $25AU.

I mean I want to try it, but its just going to be added to my backlog until I get around to it!!

Mr Git

Thank you for this! For what it was I enjoyed last year's Korra, but at least that was cheap. Didn't want to spend £40 on this knowing it was comparable. £20 though? Yes. Yes please.

Monocle

Ah, hopefully that video will win some people over. I got this game on day one and it was so worth it. It's basically Metal Gear Rising crossed with the original Transformers. So good.

If you're a fan of stylish action, Devastation is unmissable.

Lucifon

This is on today's Amazon UK black Friday lightning deal at 3:30pm (4pm non prime). So if you want a physical copy hold out!

Top Bottom