• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best PC graphics of 2015

edit: actually, unreal tournament or battlefront

BZRCuMc.jpg

Lingitiz

Battlefront, AC Syndicate, Witcher 3, or Unreal Tournament all look fantastic. Although I will say Unity looks better than Syndicate but obviously it was at a big cost, that game runs like shit whereas Syndicate is okay.

collige

Banned
The answer is blatantly Battlefront. Syndicate, GTAV (with mods), Project Cards and UT3 all put out a good showing though.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Battlefront is the most graphically impressive thing I have seen all year.

Not only is it the most beautiful but holy hell are those graphics optimized!

Battlefront, most likely.

The Witcher 3 makes a strong case too, mostly on just how much more is going on visually like the day/night cycles, weather and character animations compared to something like Battlefront which is so much more limited in what the visuals are needed for gameplay wise.

Battlefront by a longshot.

And frankly I don't think we'll see anything better than it next year unless Mass Effect ends up looking pretty in Frostbite.

Edit: For some reason I forgot The Witcher 3 exists. That might be a competitor. Battlefront looks better, but based on sheer world size, day/night cycle, weather, etc... The Witcher 3 is a more impressive feat.

Toddyhancer Battlefront

iXTADSu.png

hjrdd7t.png

The album here
http://imgur.com/a/ib8nW
Should probably have put those in quotes.

Oh, and I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Some shaders are fine, but these are horrible. Game looks great as it is. No need to throw shaders at it. Plus, Fallout 4 isn't going to win based on mods. This isn't a vote based on modifications made. This is a vote based on the vanilla appearance of the game.

epmode

Guys, please stop showing mangled pictures as examples. Those Star Wars shots are neat because they mimic the look of my shitty VHS copy but it's absolutely not the way to go. Same goes for that Unreal Tournament shot that's slathered in chromatic aberration.

Battlefront by a longshot.

And frankly I don't think we'll see anything better than it next year unless Mass Effect ends up looking pretty in Frostbite.

Should probably have put those in quotes.

Oh, and I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Some shaders are fine, but these are horrible. Game looks great as it is. No need to throw shaders at it. Plus, Fallout 4 isn't going to win based on mods. This isn't a vote based on modifications made. This is a vote based on the vanilla appearance of the game.

Where is it said only vanilla games allowed? the thread says best pc graphics.

Guys, please stop showing mangled pictures as examples. Those Star Wars shots are neat because they mimic the look of my shitty VHS copy but it's absolutely not the way to go. Same goes for that Unreal Tournament shot that's slathered in chromatic aberration.

You might not like it but loads of people do. Who are you to tell them to stop posting ?

RowdyReverb

Perhaps there should be a list of 2015's contenders to avoid the usual bias towards more recent titles?
Looking forward to more screens

I still don't think that Toddyhancer thing is very good. Also I don't think it counts as it hasn't been released to the public, and no-one has seen it in motion. The only two "videos" of it are faked (here and here - the first one is a PS4 E3 demo and the second one is just misc footage, but it's easy to tell that they've both had the effects added post-recording, not during gameplay)

The Witcher 3 gets my nod, if not just for how varied it is graphically while staying consistently excellent looking.

I'll have to check out more of Battlefront. I only played the beta and, while it looked nice, the two environments shown didn't really blow me away nor have much a chance to by design.

Where is it said only vanilla games allowed? the thread says best pc graphics.
Because generally when you're deciding the best game based on a certain aspect of that game, it's not because that aspect was modified by anybody but the developers of the game. That's the same reason other games modified to look far better, sound far better, or play far better aren't voted in or even considered despite those modifications made. I know this isn't some official thread or anything, but generally screenshots like that would go in the Uncompressed PC Game Screenshot thread, admired by the community there, and be done with.

Just glancing over the previous iterations of this thread, it genuinely seems like a discussion regarding the developers who created the most visually appealing games. Fallout 4 doesn't win because someone created a nice looking shader, while another few dozen people threw some uncompressed textures at it, and despite the game running like crap, it looks a lot more impressive than the vanilla game that the developers actually created.

If someone managed to create a mod that alters The Witcher 3 to have better combat than Bloodborne, it's not suddenly going to win awards this year for its gameplay.

So it isn't said anywhere and you're going by gut feeling. Ok.
BlackElatedHarpyeagle.gif

Because generally when you're deciding the best game based on a certain aspect of that game, it's not because that aspect was modified by anybody but the developers of the game. That's the same reason other games modified to look far better, sound far better, or play far better aren't voted in or even considered despite those modifications made. I know this isn't some official thread or anything, but generally screenshots like that would go in the Uncompressed PC Game Screenshot thread, admired by the community there, and be done with.

Just glancing over the previous iterations of this thread, it genuinely seems like a discussion regarding the developers who created the most visually appealing games. Fallout 4 doesn't win because someone created a nice looking shader, while another few dozen people threw some uncompressed textures at it, and despite the game running like crap, it looks a lot more impressive than the vanilla game that the developers actually created.

So it isn't said anywhere and you're going by gut feeling. Ok.

Also the Toddyhancer thing does not look "better" than the vanilla game. It looks "realistic" because it obfuscates so much information in the picture that it's not even representative of the work put in by DICE.

Anyone can open a screenshot in Photoshop and add 25 adjustment layers to make something look "convincing", but it would be like showing someone a drawing while throwing dirt in their eyes trying to trick them that your stick figure is indeed photorealistic.
Damn...need to google it.
No point, it hasn't been released, there's no footage of it anywhere, it only exists in those screenshots. So I don't think it should count.

Wait guys, if you think this great looking game looks great, wait until you see it with large amounts of sharpening, contrast, bland tone mapping and black crush!

#ReShade4Lyfe

Top Bottom