• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance graphics now > E3 demo. (This is the thread of the month. Click this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittonwy

Banned
http://forums.insomniacgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=31570&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

EvilTaru wrote:

Has the graphics improved over the E3 demo? If so how much?

Over the E3 demo? Hah! I'm incredibly impressed with how much the graphics have improved in the past two weeks. I almost didn't recognize a couple of levels now that the lighting has gone in.

JS

Better lighting oh yes!!!
gladtomeetya.gif

Shocking. I thought he was going to say they downgraded them because the RSX and Cell were not capable of creating the game they envisioned.

Kittonwy

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Well duh! This is hardly surprising, but by heck I expected pictures in this thread. :(

I'm sorry. If it was up to me this thread would be full of pretty Resistance pictures, but it's not since I don't work for Sony.
Indifferent2.gif

Better lighting system eh?

I have no real reason to doubt it. The game was said to be running smooth and had the most complete feel for a demo at E3 already months ago like the game could've been shipped a month later or something. I feel Resistance is probably going to be PS3's best launch game.

I wonder if he is talking about about dynamic lighting. The E3 demo had pre-baked lighting which sucks IMO. Pre-baked lighting should be a thing of the past because even in Perfect Dark 64 you could blow out all the light blubs and play in darkness.

Mrbob

By the time TGS hits the game should be almost done. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see any new media until Mid October, when the game has gone gold.

I think this game has a shot to be not only the PS3 GOTY, but overall GOTY.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Mrbob said:
I think this game has a shot to be not only the PS3 GOTY, but overall GOTY.

It sure does. Wouldn't that be some shit if it stole Gears of War's thunder, too?

By the way, how long has this game been in development for?

antiloop

Sounds good.

I am sure the game has improved since E3 but I don't expect a lot (of improvements) in the graphics department. Oh well we will see at TGS. :)

DigitalSoul said:
Will they show this at TGS though? It doesn't like a game that would appeal to the Japanese crowd.

screw the Japanese crowd! The only thing that appeals to them is BRAIN TRAINING and HOW TO COOK BEEF DS.

antiloop said:
Sounds good.

I am sure the game has improved since E3 but I don't expect a lot (of improvements) in the graphics department. Oh well we will see at TGS. :)

Yeah, I'm just concerned with a really really smooth FPS experience at this point and all signs seem to point to yes in that department.

GreekWolf

Finally got around to seeing those latest scans and I'll be damned if they don't look amazing. Faith renewed... hype train boarded. Day 1 purchase for me. :)

Mau ®

Ive seen some recent shots and its looking much better, like MUCH better. Kinda how PD0 should've looked once it went alpha...

But why all of a sudden Resistanse is shaping up to be the ultimate PS3 game, sure it'll get awesome marketing by Sony but what makes it so special?

Mooreberg

inthezone said:
Ive seen some recent shots and its looking much better, like MUCH better. Kinda how PD0 should've looked once it went alpha...

But why all of a sudden Resistanse is shaping up to be the ultimate PS3 game, sure it'll get awesome marketing by Sony but what makes it so special?

Well we don't know if the hype is warranted until we play it, but Insomniac at least has a track record of well received games. It's been like ten years since they've done an FPS though.

Surreal

inthezone said:

Insomniac + alternate past + aliens + unique weapons + free 40-man multiplayer + Decent framerate locked at 30 FPS + multi-million dollar advertising campaign + PS3 launch title = AAA, both critically and sales wise.

inthezone said:

A good part of that is due to it being done by a proven team, Insomniac. Now they are testing their team with a game that's not a mascot light hearted styled game and I can't help be excited with their style of action and creative weapons but now with a much more different premise, genre, and serious more realistic (well as realistic as fighting mutated monsters in an alternate timeline can be anyway) setting.

Mrbob

inthezone said:

Proven developer with a string of awesome single player experiences. This is the time now for Insomniac to take that next step. They also have a canvas in which to create a game which doesn't involve a kiddy style mascot.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Here comes the "those look like shit" brigade!

I think the game looks great as-is and I can't wait to see new shots.

siege

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Here comes the "those look like shit" brigade!

I think the game looks great as-is and I can't wait to see new shots.

Well, I'd say how I felt about the graphics, but the last time I made a statement that was wrongly construed as being anti-Sony, I was banned.

However, if this particular game was multi-platform, I'd suggest that it's a good thing the graphics have supposedly improved so much.

Dunpeal

Banned
Too bad Insomniac dropped its "60Fps Standard", as Resistence SP will be 30.

I hope its good, but i really doubt its GOTy material.

GreekWolf

dalyr95 said:
928399_20060602_screen001.jpg

This is looking better?? Wow can't wait
You know, back when they first announced Duke Nukem Forever, I kinda figured this is what it'd look like on next-gen systems. The aliens look similar to me

Too bad we'll never get to find out. =/

GeoramA

Dunpeal said:
Too bad Insomniac dropped its "60Fps Standard", as Resistence SP will be 30.

I hope its good, but i really doubt its GOTy material.
Insomniac knows the PS3 better than anybody, according to PSM. So I'm sure they had pretty good reason to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom