• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon n3DS Red/Blue Bundles Coming to NA (+ SuperBowl Ad)

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/12/10754086/pokemon-20th-anniversary-super-bowl-commercial

CYh0HViWYAAVhNM.jpg:large

Then, on February 27th, a special edition New Nintendo 3DS bundle will launch, which will include two changeable faceplates featuring art from the first two games in the series, Pokemon Red and Blue. The handheld will also feature digital versions of both of those games pre-installed (they'll also be sold separately in the 3DS e-shop) as well as an exclusive Pokemon menu theme. This is only the second version of the smaller, customizable New Nintendo 3DS to be released in North America, following an Animal Crossing version last summer.

Don't know if this was posted already, but rejoice EU users, the coverplates will be available separately. Polish distributor confirmed it on their facebook!

joelseph

I'm going to buy this but only if you promise to release a new Advance Wars game. You hear me Nintendo?! I mean it!

omgkitty

Since this has games preinstalled, what does that mean since I already have a 3DS? How do I transfer stuff over without losing the new games?

Beyond odd that this gets announced now, I guess this means they are not opting to release a black bundled new 3DS in NA with FE:Fates? Or at all?

entremet

Since this has games preinstalled, what does that mean since I already have a 3DS? How do I transfer stuff over without losing the new games?
System Transfer. You won't lose preinstalled games.

You need your original 3ds and the recently bought one. Don't sell it yet!

It treats the (new) n3DS as a separate account and merges it in to the original account upon transfer. You just need to go back in to the eShop to your download history.

Penguin

I think the Superbowl ad is huge news too

I think last year the only games advertised during it were f2p mobile titles

I have an issue with my HHD N3DS (busted gyro) and I was gonna get it fixed/replaced. But now I think I'm just gonna buy a whole new system because I need this bundle in my life. I hope it's easier to find here in Canada than the last N3DS.

BiggNife

The original game boy releases or the gba remakes?

Game Boy releases with support for wireless trading/battles. This was announced in the November NinDir. Nintendo still hasn't officially released any GBA games as 3DS Virtual Console releases and it doesn't look like they're ever going to.

Saro

Gimme! gimme! gimme! I've been holding out on buying a n3DS but it's the non-xl version and it has red and blue faceplates. This is so bought.

This isn't an XL right? Or is the n3DS bigger than the original? Oh god.

I still have my Super Mario 3D Land bundled 3DS and if I upgraded I'd want the bigger screen size.

Sterok

I already have a New XL, but man this is tempting. I'm not getting this, but I would've if I didn't already have a N3DS.

BiggNife

No new mainline game this year? That's disappointing, and not a little strange.

Er, Nintendo/TPC hasn't said anything about a new mainline game this year but that doesn't mean it's not coming. Considering they've been teasing Pokemon Z for months at this point I think it's basically a given. But it'll probably come out at the end of the year, which is why they haven't announced anything.

The title for that thread should really be changed, I assumed it was just for the Europe bundles.

Neoxon

No new mainline game this year? That's disappointing, and not a little strange.
There's still plenty of time for a new mainline game reveal. The latest we can expect a reveal is in May (when OR/AS got announced). Hell, we could get a reveal in the Super Bowl ad. Either way, if the NX Platform is coming later this year and it really is a shared platform for all consoles & handhelds, TPC will probably have to get Pokémon Z or whatever the new game is out the door a bit ahead of schedule. This is assuming that the next mainline game is 3DS-bound (which, given Game Freak's development history, is a relatively safe assumption to make.

EDIT: Oh, it says it right in the article.

Revven

If I didn't already have the special edition Majora's Mask n3DS they sold last year I would be on this n3DS in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom