• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Character Creator Thread (it's free!)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
So know that they have released a free character creater, let's create and share our own characters. Yes you can also share character files.

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/40

This tool allows for unprecedented character design, never seen before in any video game. You can create your dream hero or heroine and prepare for Black Desert Online once it launches.

When you have generated your character, you can save the character creation file and freely import it into the game or share it among friends.

create your favourite witch
Some people get really crazy with it.
i2306669876.jpg

emma-watson-1280x720-black-desert-online.jpg

or the k-pop star of your dreams >>

closed beta 2 starts on february 18 fyi but who cares? the CC is the best part of the game
that was a joke. the battle system is awesome

Finaj

Tell me, does the game have anything interesting outside of the character creator and how grindy is it? (It's an Asian MMO, so I have to ask).

eshayon

Neo Member
I have been hoping they would do something like this. I have been waiting to try and see what things I could create! Now just have to wait until I get home...

Amneisac

Where does this rank on the spectrum of fun MMO and shiny Barbie simulator? I've realized from watching some Blade and Soul videos that it just isn't for me. I'd love to get into another MMO, though.

MikeDown

Banned
Tell me, does the game have anything interesting outside of the character creator and how grindy is it? (It's an Asian MMO, so I have to ask).
from what I played of the early alpha the combat system is really enjoyable. Reminds me a little bit of TERA Online with a little bit of Arkham Knight. Has a really refreshing contribution & trades system.

Really loved the time I spent in CB1 with the game. CB2 should be right around the corner, and the game is rumored to come out around march. I highly recommend people try this.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Where does this rank on the spectrum of fun MMO and shiny Barbie simulator? I've realized from watching some Blade and Soul videos that it just isn't for me. I'd love to get into another MMO, though.

it is a sandbox mmo! :D so it is quite different from B&S afaik. you can create grotesk characters and beautiful ones. be gollum if you want too!

Haunted

I have a fascination with character creators that are powerful enough so users actually try and recreate actual persons/celebrities in a non-caricature/exaggerated way.

Oh my god they actually did it. I was a little sad when the main game wasn't F2P because all I really wanted was to screw around I the character creator. Now it's not a problem!

I have only heard about the character creator. Nobody has ever said anything about the actual gameplay. What kind of game is this anyway?

There are different clothing options available in the character creator, including ones more covered up than some of the default clothing. That was nice to see. Hope it's representative of the final game. Sorceress actually has some decent looking clothing from what I was able to play around with.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
There are different clothing options available in the character creator, including ones more covered up than some of the default clothing. That was nice to see. Hope it's representative of the final game. Sorceress actually has some decent looking clothing from what I was able to play around with.
The clothing of the characters is more practical than sexy from what I have seen so far

Edit: created one :D

Doofcake

Apparently I cannot play this game in Estonia, or any of the baltic countries, but you can play it everywhere else in Europe. Well fuck you too DAUM

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Windows won't let me open it.

Unwanted

Neo Member
Apparently I cannot play this game in Estonia, or any of the baltic countries, but you can play it everywhere else in Europe. Well fuck you too DAUM

yea something about licensing issues, however your country might be covered under the Russian version of the game thats already out, but I could be completely wrong.

Unwanted

Neo Member
I have only heard about the character creator. Nobody has ever said anything about the actual gameplay. What kind of game is this anyway?

Action MMORPG with no instances, with a HUGE sway towards PvE. Game also has very indepth things like Merchanting. Not everyones cup of tea but I've been playing from the start of the Korean Open beta and have always had fun with it.

Doofcake

yea something about licensing issues, however your country might be covered under the Russian version of the game thats already out, but I could be completely wrong.

Too bad I can't speak russian, nor can Latvians and Lithuanians. This bullshit is really annoying. Dishonored on Steam suddenly turned into the RU version too at some point. At least it has an English option, but we can't gift it or get it gifted, even though we're paying the normal EU prices. Are the developers/publishers really that oblivious that they think we're russians or have anything in common with Russia???

Unwanted

Neo Member
I've been waiting so long for this, and it's free!

Just incase you're talking about the whole game and not the Character Creator, the game is Buy 2 Play (don't want you to get to game day and find out it's not free). If you're talking about the CC ignore me for being an idiot.

Unwanted

Neo Member
Too bad I can't speak russian, nor can Latvians and Lithuanians. This bullshit is really annoying. Dishonored on Steam suddenly turned into the RU version too at some point. At least it has an English option, but we can't gift it or get it gifted, even though we're paying the normal EU prices. Are the developers/publishers really that oblivious that they think we're russians or have anything in common with Russia???

There is an english patch you can download and use if that helps. Sorry to hear that though.

Doofcake

There is an english patch you can download and use if that helps. Sorry to hear that though.

Yeah thanks for the tip, but I'm done. As cool as their character creator is, I have 0 respect for them if we get this kind of treatment.

We're an EU country but we can't play the EU version of a game. Fuck 'em.

Ferr986

Do I have to create an account just to try the creator? Wondering if I should go ahead and do it while this is downloading.

Yeah, need to create an account.
Also, the program is weird as fuck, it installs xingcode like if you were to play the game online, and even made me select a server or some shit (guess to store the character in their servers).

Top Bottom