• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Character Creator Thread (it's free!)

Schrade

This is amazing, my character!

bsoyzo4k.jpg

"Your country is restricted from accessing our service" ???

Abload.de doesn't like America!

Acccent

okay I've played with it quite a bit now. It's kinda disappointing; you can't really deviate from the face shapes the games imposes, without creating a monster. You're pretty much restricted to the kind of faces the game expects you to play as. (Obviously that's discounting stuff like eye colour, tattoos, hairdos etc)

Fencedude

It won't run for me.

I install it, open it up and I get a "this program has stopped working blah blah blah" right on the splash.

I have no issues really with any other game atm. Anyone else running into this?

Stiler

All of the work they allow you to do with minute tiny details that you'll likely NEVER notice in the game and yet they don't even allow you to change a characters age?

Impossible to play a young'ish looking wizard instead of a knock off Gandalf.

Zomba13

All of the work they allow you to do with minute tiny details that you'll likely NEVER notice in the game and yet they don't even allow you to change a characters age?

Well, the wrinkle settings let you place a character within an age range but yeah. I tried to make a youngish looking Wizard but the game was all "middle age and older please".

There's a photo mode, fyi. And as said above, there's wrinkle settings.

Spent a couple of hours horsing around, tried to make Ash Williams (Bruce Campbell) from the Evil Dead trilogy, even made the pose from the poster, saved it and apparently it doesn't remember the custom poses, oh well. Not sure how successful I was with the likeness. There's some really nice options here, but there's also a lot of restrictions.

Although this character is kind of cheating, because he looks like this only under certain conditions (angry emotion, eyes are permanently fixated at a certain point etc.), so in his idle state he looks like he's batshit crazy.

EDIT:

Oh, when exiting the character editor, the character selection screen seems to put the character into a special heroic pose, kinda appropriate for Ash I guess. :)

Stiler

There's a photo mode, fyi. And as said above, there's wrinkle settings.

You haven't tried to make a Wizard have you?

Every single pre-set face is old and you can't remove the wrinkles that are pre-baked into those characters. Go on and try to make a wizard that looks <45, it's impossible and lots of people complained about it in beta too.

All the praise tihe CC gets and they leave huge things like this locked out for some unknown reason.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
The creation options in this look insane.

Now I'm dying to see the variety of black characters that can be made.

I spent hours on this and still couldn't get it to how I wanted.

gZoRu5W.jpg

fTTNZ3P.jpg
Not bad though.

Took a stab at this.

24123871259_4ca4a440fc_o.png

24465410726_78f7f33b45_o.png

Have to admit, a bit creepy how they simulate your character sweating if you play the attack animation a few times (can see this in the second pic).
Fantastic! Really loving this!

You haven't tried to make a Wizard have you?

Every single pre-set face is old and you can't remove the wrinkles that are pre-baked into those characters. Go on and try to make a wizard that looks <45, it's impossible and lots of people complained about it in beta too.

All the praise tihe CC gets and they leave huge things like this locked out for some unknown reason.

Yes, I haven't actually.

I do agree. The character creation, despite all the praise that it gets, is still somewhat lacking in certain aspects. Besides this age options issue, there's also another one which is hair customizations. Hair options aren't that robust, pretty limited in fact. And the customization is also pretty limited. Face options are pretty robust, but they also have some limitations based on their base templates (the classes). No matter how much you've changed to the character, people can still guess the class in a glimpse.

okay I've played with it quite a bit now. It's kinda disappointing; you can't really deviate from the face shapes the games imposes, without creating a monster. You're pretty much restricted to the kind of faces the game expects you to play as. (Obviously that's discounting stuff like eye colour, tattoos, hairdos etc)

I understand this now. Trying to recreate a wide nose with the valkyrie and seems pretty much impossible when I was able to do it with the Sorceress.

Zomba13

Some characters. Unsure about the eye makeup on the rainbow sorceress.
Valkyrie
0OSMpm3.jpg

Valkyrie
0QHJy8y.jpg

Sorceress
c0uYFxH.jpg

Lazy attempt at Yennefer
JJjHvDa.jpg

I've not messed with face bones or anything, just the presets because I'd make a mess of things. I would mess with height but it's kinda shitty when you don't have a reference for scale.

forrest

formerly nacire
Took a shot at making a Sylvanas look alike. This thing sure makes some great looking characters, though I wish there was more flexibility. Even trying to pick something as simple as a bluish skin tone was out of the questions as the skin color palette is pretty limited. Also I couldn't get the hair shape controls to do anything. The length, curl and color adjustments worked, but moving the control nodes did nothing.

2016-01-19_205151593snpou.jpg

2016-01-19_205187941yopzg.jpg

2016-01-19_205335482qeqvs.jpg

KoopaTheCasual

Yo! This is dope! I've tried looking for south east asian/middle eastern/black characters via Black Desert character creation, but haven't been able to find a comprehensive test to see how this engine handles those different peoples.

This (and the girl above) are great!
I spent hours on this and still couldn't get it to how I wanted.

gZoRu5W.jpg

fTTNZ3P.jpg
I think this is really well done.

NoKisum

Someone clarify something for me, because I'm close to uninstalling this thing at this point: Are the job classes gender locked?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Someone clarify something for me, because I'm close to uninstalling this thing at this point: Are the job classes gender locked?
Yes.

Yes.

Some jobs do have their counterparts for each gender (wizard/witch, warrior/valkyrie, ninja/kunoichi, blader/plum), but some others are still lacking its counterparts jobs. It seems that the developer is still working to make every job available for each classes, but we can only guess.

Top Bottom