• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Art Challenge #21 - "Feels"

Status
Not open for further replies.
lC90Pti.jpg

THEME: Feeeeeeelings
This is the month to feel stuff. Whether its stress, cold, excitement.... Love. There is a lot going on in our lives and I think it's time to put our hearts on our sleeves and pen to paper.​

GOAL
Since this month's art challenge was cut a bit short due to the involvement with the exciting contest, I thought I would post something light and quick that most people can do. Just draw what you're feeling physically or emotionally. Try to personify that feeling or let it all loose in a mishmash of scribbles and colors.​

Optional Secondary Objective - Explain your work- Why did you choose these themes? Or what were you feeling when you did the piece.​

THE RULES

SUBMISSION DEADLINE
February 29th, 2016 11:59 PM Pacific (No Extension necessary. It's a leap year ;) )​

Submission Guidelines:

1) Submissions can be 2D or 3D, any traditional or digital medium. No photos/photo manipulations, paint-overs/tracing or reusing old works. Original and New work only.

2) To avoid cluttering up the thread, please avoid quoting images when sensible/post in proximity. Keep pieces to a reasonable size. Link to larger ones if you must.

3) The theme can be interpreted as you see fit, but make sure you're challenging yourself!

4) Have fun! It's not about winning or making your masterpiece every week. It's time to let your inner artist shine! All skill levels welcome!

Art Links!

Interested in Art? We have ArtGAF communities that will help you out! Don't be shy to ask out, and don't be intimidated as, when partnered with proper knowledge and work ethic, you can do great art yourself!

1) Art Self Study Thread - This thread is meant to help people starting out on Art by giving them a roadmap on how to start, and providing online resources and books to study. Feel free to ask questions!

2) Drawing-A-Day Thread - You can post your daily sketches in this thread and let people see your art progress! A great thread to come by!

3) Arts and Farts Thread - The thread where you can post your longer, more focused art and finished projects.

4) Previous challenges - You can check out the previous art challenges here for inspiration!

Great GAF Art Challenge # 1 - "An Unlikely Pair"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 2 - "The Other Side"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 3 - "The Line"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 4 - "War"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 5 - "Religion"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 6 - "Fear"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 7 - "Wishing"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 8 - "Punk"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 9 - "Extraterrestrial"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 10 - "Resurrection"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 11 - "Blithe Spirits"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 12 - "Beauty and the Beast"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 13 - "Martial Arts"
Great GAF Art Challenge #14 - "Environments and Backgrounds"
Great GAF Art Challenge #15 - "Comic Book Heroes"
Great GAF Art Challenge #16- "Through Time"
Great GAF Art Challenge #17 - "Nothing is Safe"
Great GAF Art Challenge #18 - "Autumn"
Great GAF Art Challenge #19 - "Christmas"
Great GAF Art Contest!! (Challenge #20) - "Portraiture"

Woo, definitely enjoy this theme.

I need to work on expressing myself with art; you always read that it's what you should do and that it's really great, etc, but I've always struggled with it.

ArtGAF challenging me in a way I woulda never expected :eek:

So this was what came to mind at first. It represents the love that I'm feeling for my nuclear family right now. This was my first time painting in a few years. I'm really liking these challenges because they're motivating me to draw and do art more. I think I'm gonna submit another drawing/painting later that represents the bitterness I also feel.

BwnJNQi.jpg

So this was what came to mind at first. It represents the love that I'm feeling for my nuclear family right now. This was my first time painting in a few years. I'm really liking these challenges because they're motivating me to draw and do art more. I think I'm gonna submit another drawing/painting later that represents the bitterness I also feel.

BwnJNQi.jpg

I absolutely love the colors you chose, dude. This is well done :)

Jhoan

Forgot about this thread and I'm subbed to it! Will pump out something as well before Saturday. Got some stuff to let out into art form for sure.

Great one Milk, makes me happy just looking at it.

Still can't manage to put 'real' feelings into one, but I got this silly idea and just did it.

For some dumb reason I feel that if I were to draw my real feels that it would somehow be me giving in, validating them, and losing; so I wanted to focus on my resolve and belief in myself.

I love Inside Out, so I'm happy to do some pseudo fanart and in good context to boot.

I've been fighting the urge to draw SF fan art for a while, wanna finish my figure/ perspective studies before doing anything.

If anyone wants some last minute inspiration, I remembered this cool video.

LegendX48

22651000031_a310c3aa48_o.png

Also, I'm kinda feeling a small urge to do some SF fan art myself lol. Anywho, gonna have to think quickly and crank something out later today.

Good stuff so far. I really wish i had time to participate D:
Ive been swamped with work because im a manager and im leaving for 10 days on vacation. Which means that i have to prepare for my leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom