• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League getting retail release

JTripper

I would so buy a collector's edition of this game that includes like, a shirt or statue or something. I fucking love Rocket League.

Matush

And also it was the most downloaded PS+ game ever (up to that point)
highly doubt any game was able to dethrone it with recent outings

Rosur

Might pick up this even though allready got it on PC (and PS+) hope they do a collectors edition.

I would so buy a collector's edition of this game that includes like, a shirt or statue or something. I fucking love Rocket League.

One of their Rocket League shirts would be cool (or statue of a car/ RC car).

Yes! I've been waiting for this.

I hope they can include goodies like stickers and maybe a poster too! :D

4 million without PS+ ... That's insane

23qwerty

gotta wonder how well it would have done without the exposure from ps+...

physical release is awesome though, kinda tempted to double dip on that

Coppanuva

gotta wonder how well it would have done without the exposure from ps+...

physical release is awesome though, kinda tempted to double dip on that

Was the PS+ before or after the popularity explosion? There's a chance it wouldn't have taken off as much without the PR from the free month right?

emb

Sweet, that'll finally be enough for me to see what everyone's on about with this one. I'm pretty curious.

Hektor

Was the PS+ before or after the popularity explosion? There's a chance it wouldn't have taken off as much without the PR from the free month right?

The game was day1 PSplus, so it was quit simultaneous.

2.7 million on PC, 1.3 million on PS4. Those are pretty impressive numbers.

The XB1 version released a week ago, so this is not 100% correct. (Unless the devs excluded those, haven't watched the stream)

Kuksune

Well deserved, the game's great and i will probably also get me a physical release even though i got it from PS+

MUnited83

For you.
The game was day1 PSplus, so it was quit simultaneous.

The XB1 version released a week ago, so this is not 100% correct. (Unless the devs excluded those, haven't watched the stream)

Oh, true, almost forgot about that. I believe people reported peaks of around 50k people playing online the Xbox One version, so i think it's fair to assume it''s at least 200k there.

EvB

Well yeah, there are almost 40 million PS4 owners, I think it's safe to say there's more than 6 million Plus members.

for reference:
In 2014, 1 year after the launch of PS4 there were 7.9 million PS+ Users across PS3/VITA/PS4

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-plus-reaches-7-9-million-subscribers/1100-6423306/

A few months earlier, Sony said that about half of PS4 owners had PS+
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-05-23-half-of-ps4-owners-are-ps-plus-subscribers

As described in that Article, it's the one thing that Sony don't seem to keen to share on their list of achievements.

Anyways, congrats to Psyonix, that's a remarkable number to have sold after it having been free to so many people. Just shows how great it is.

weekev

Banned
Def my top PS4 game. Only game I think I enjoy more this gen is Splatoon. Massively well deserved success, good job Psyonix!

GOOCHY

I got it as a PS+ game and I've had so much fun with it that I'm pretty much obligated to buy the physical release.

weekev

Banned
To be fair, I actually bought my PS4 for Rocket League. I would have been buying one in April for Uncharted 4 but this game made me jump 9 months earlier. Brilliant decision as well.

Top Bottom