• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division is getting hammered by Steam user reviews and metacritic user review....

Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/

Metacritic:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/tom-clancys-the-division

People are saying game repetitive, servers don't work, uplay etc....

Should companies go back to SP only games to receive favorable reviews or division is a bad game? Lot of hate for SFV because the game had no SP or RPG elements according to people. Now division. Battlefront took similar heat but ended up selling millions upon millions anyway.

Close if thread is too negative.

EDIT: reviews are improving now! Almost 7 in metacritic and 60% on steam. Guess those trolls gave up.

JeffGrubb

Review: "Ubisoft is a big meanie."

Manufacturing an angry user review on Metacritic for multiplayer-only games is the greatest single-player campaign of them all.

I don't really consider 6.8 avg user reveiws on metracritic to be getting hammered, by metacritic standards that's actually relatively good nowadays

Swarna

The average Steam user is mentally retarded. Speaking as someone who uses the discussion boards there. lol

I'm curious how many of the negative reviews have played the game. There seems to be this weird culture in the gaming community that will flood a game with negative reviews depending on console, company, popularity of said game.

It's been really interesting to watch this anger expand over the last few years.

With that said, can't wait to try the game out.

RE_Player

I would say give the game a solid 3-4 days before you review it or have a full opinion on it. This is launch day still.

Spend more than an hour in a Steam discussion forum and see if your head doesn't explode...

The vocal community is a very toxic group.

Also, lots of teenagers.

studyguy

My friend just showed me a video about people having to queue up to talk to an NPC.
What the fuck is this? Apparently synch issues with the server are causing this?

tumblr_o3qo7qI60V1s6jjxfo2_1280.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSSkz6iDPvM

Boke1879

The game at it's core is a raid like game. So naturally imo things can get repetitive. The mission structure aligns with that. But personally so far I'm loving the game. Naturally I'd assume after a couple of weeks things will get repetitive but I can still find joy in teaming up with a group for a few hours a couple of times a week. Free content is dropping. I'm not worried.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I don't know why anyone would ever trust random user reviews on those sites.

All I need is media reviews and my beloved Neogaf user impressions.

By the way I think the game is fucking awesome!

Steam review bingo:
  • downgraded
  • consoles
  • Ubisoft
  • can't run this @ max on my 4 year old card
  • console port
  • ubisoft
  • just another Assassin's Creed
  • climbing towers
  • unoptimised port
  • servers down

Hip Hop

I think we can all agree that UPlay is awful. I thought the game wasn't so bad from what I played in beta.

I can't.

I've never had a problem with it. And this "outage" is do to launch day.

And I could never take user reviews like these on Metacritic or Steam seriously.

At this point I can't believe anybody when it comes to reviewing a Ubisoft game this close to launch, without pre-release reviews. Press outlets are going to scramble through it to have early impressions up online. Server problems are going to plague the early game, but obviously not translate to the experience in a few weeks. Users will eagerly shit on anything with the wrong aura about it.

I essentially just have to trust my gut about the beta, or wait for public opinion to gel around a justified perspective.

Yet a game like Mad fucking Max is almost unanimously praised by the larger community.
My elaborate (mostly critical) 800 word review was thunderously down voted.

Steam review bingo:
  • downgraded
  • consoles
  • Ubisoft
  • can't run this @ max on my 4 year old card
  • console port
  • ubisoft
  • just another Assassin's Creed
  • climbing towers
  • unoptimised port
  • servers down

should console peasant or master race belong in that list? I wouldn't be surprised.

Nugg

but ended up selling millions upon millions anyway.
You have your answer right here. No one cares about user reviews. They don't mean shit. No one really ends up not buying a game because of Uplay, despite what the most vocal part of the playerbase wants you to think. Servers are slamed the first few days, so what. The game still sold like crazy.

I'm not gonna lie, this is pretty great.

while i don't mind no clipping in this scenario but it can get really annoying in the middle of a raid like event. If this game has anything like that. Imagine you gotta move out of something during boss fight but got stuck because of your teammate. Which lead to a wipe in raid. Not good.....

Was easy to see how repetitive the game was going to be from just playing the beta. But numbers go up and there's "loot" so some people are still going to be down.

butman

GREAT! First SF V now The Division.

Let gaming companies listen to our consumer rights once and for all! No more bullshots, downgrades,"early access" complete games.

Top Bottom