• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Everything you need to know from the event

sappyday

- September 30, 2016
Ce2VKOKUEAEqOyr.jpg:large

- Free demo out NOW!! on X1 and PS4.
Trailer here

- A deluxe edition and a Collector's edition (30,000 copies only for the CE. SOLD OUT!)
DBStmNl.jpg

b5UXMIN.jpg

- A mobile game called Justice Monsters Five that will be free for mobile phones and can be played in the actual full game.

- KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV: A CGI feature film (dir: Takeshi Nozue aka Advent Children director) that chronicles the event that sets off the main story. Celebrity cast including Sean Bean (King Regis), Aaron Paul (Nyx, entirely new character and the focus of the movie), and Lena Headey (Luna). They are not part of the VA cast in the main game. Will come out later this year but before the game. Will also be packaged with the Limited/Collector's edition.
Ce2MctRUMAAyDzS.jpg:large

- Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV: A 5 part anime series that will focus on the bros and their various trips before the game and CGI movie. Will be on YouTube for free.
brotherhood2-770x300_c.jpg

Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsVhwsUFaDE

- An Audi vehicle based on the Regalia (the car that the bros use in the game). Only one being made

- Florence + The Machine will be doing the theme song which will be a cover of "Stand by Me"
Song here

- No PC version. (Maybe)

- Suit DLC
nocstisdlcoutfit.jpg

4 new videos:
- Story trailer: Reclaim Your Throne
- Gameplay trailer
- World environment trailer: Enviroments of XV
- Final Fantasy XV Uncovered trailer. Stay till the end.

Will post links when they're available

Blizzje

Nothing about the resolution even though he said he would talk about it?
Guess we will have to pixel count the tech demo.

PC version will most likely be a late port. The question is will it be a GTA V or a MGSV in terms of when it will be released.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
PC version will hit the same time as the PS4K and Xbox 1.5 versions. So q3 2017 or so.

The framerate was terrible in most of the videos but OK in the closing video.

I hope they just had issues playing the videos or something. At least we have a new Demo to get a ballpark performance idea soon.

And yeah. PC version seems like a eventuality since that leak was spot on otherwise. Maybe they are doing it a few months post release?

Sean Bean voices Regis(possible spoiler lol)
Lena Headey voices Luna
Aaron Paul voices Nyx, an all new character in the film.

Edit: I see it now

Svafnir

Uh, saying no pc version is a bit misleading. They didn't mention it at all and the way you listed makes it seem like it was confirmed no pc version.

However it's already been leaked there will be one. Just wasn't announced today.

Bruno MB

- September 30, 2016

Timespan between the release of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy VII = 3,332 days.

Timespan between the announcement of Final Fantasy XV (formerly known as Versus XIII) and its release date = 3,798 days.

10 years, 4 months, 22 days
542 weeks and 4 days
3,798 days
91,152 hours
5,469,120 minutes
328,147,200 seconds

Gurnlei

It's a new demo with child Noctis.

Uh, saying no pc version is a bit misleading. They didn't mention it at all and the way you listed makes it seem like it was confirmed no pc version.

However it's already been leaked there will be one. Just wasn't announced today.

That's how it read to me too.

Mortemis

Banned
Wait, the deluxe edition is just the movie, game, dlc, and steel book? No art book?

Better not be more than $80 and on Best Buy so I can get 20% off. No more.

Timespan between the release of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy VII = 3,332 days.

Timespan between the announcement of Final Fantasy XV (formerly known as Versus XIII) and its release date = 3,798 days.

542 weeks and 4 days
3,798 days
91,152 hours
5,469,120 minutes
328,147,200 seconds
pls

sensui-tomo

-
- Final Fantasy XV Kingsglaive: A CGI feature film that chronicles the event that happens sets off the main story. Celebrity cast including Sean Bean (King Regis), Aaron Paul (Nyx, entirely new character and the focus of the movie), and Lena Headey (Luna). They are not part of the VA cast in the main game.

Wait, they're not the VAs for the game... then whats the point?

galvenize

The movie was my favourite part of the show. Secret order of cool looking knights? Main character looks ballers too. Hot damn. Sign me up.

Xevren

542 weeks and 4 days
3,798 days
91,152 hours
5,469,120 minutes
328,147,200 seconds

Haha, this is awesome. Super excited to try out the demo!

I've only ever played FF7, but this one kind of has my interest. The "5 bros on a roadtrip" part of it sounds really cool to me?

Top Bottom