• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock blue balls care of IGN --- VIDEO UP

Mojovonio

Banned
On a private Board I visit, IGN writer Wade Steele wrote the following.

"Tonight IGN will be debuting a 15 minute video from Bioshock. This is the first time the game has been shown to the general public. The video is from the Xbox 360 build of the game."

15 mins?!?! WOOOOOT!

tegdf

right now isn't it? yesterday they said 6:30pm

PS if anyone can get the HD version can they mirror it please

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man... I promised myself a media blackout on this, I don't want to ruin the experience at all. But the temptation... the temptation...

REV 09

Schafer said:
Man... I promised myself a media blackout on this, I don't want to ruin the experience at all. But the temptation... the temptation...
how can you be sold on a game that you haven't seen in motion? I don't trust journalists enough to purchase a game on their eye.

ntb825

Schafer said:
I'll probably watch this and then NOTHING else.

IJoel

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Grrr I'm starting to regret this gamespot subscription. Better writers but when it comes to media IGN seems to kick the shit out of them, content and quality wise.

Dammit, yes. I'm annoyed that I cancelled my IGN subscription, kept my Gamespot one and they've been lacking in media for TGS so far.

Llyranor

REV 09 said:
how can you be sold on a game that you haven't seen in motion? I don't trust journalists enough to purchase a game on their eye.
I think he trusts the developers, not the journalists.

Plissken

REV 09 said:

Because it's Irrational Games, makers of the awesomeness that was System Shock 2, which this is a "spiritual sequel" to. I don't have to watch this video, or read a review, I know this game will be mine when it's released.

tegdf

mckmas8808 said:
I thought this was suppose to be up at 6:30.

Its stupid ass IGN what do you expect?

Also, can an Insider put up the HD version somewhere else so everyone can see it?

Odysseus

Banned
BioShock... first person shooter w/RPG elements or first person RPG w/shooter elements? Very important distinction here. Not a huge fan of FPSs, but BioShock looks artistically interesting enough (as in it's not some lame military game or something). But I absolutely abhor RPGs in first person mode. And I base that purely on Morrowind.

So... uh... hurry up, video!

Oh, and how good is this developer at storytelling?

Odysseus said:
BioShock... first person shooter w/RPG elements or first person RPG w/shooter elements? Very important distinction here. Not a huge fan of FPSs, but BioShock looks artistically interesting enough (as in it's not some lame military game or something). But I absolutely abhor RPGs in first person mode. And I base that purely on Morrowind.

I have a question. Have you played System Shock or Deus Ex?

Mojovonio

Banned
Odysseus said:

Really, one of the best.
WTF IGN!

Mojovonio said:
Put it this way. Had you played SS2, you wouldn't be questioning this game.

QFT.

System Shock 2 is an awesome game, even seven years after it's release. It's all about atmosphere and creating an amazing FPS/RPG hybrid. And believe me, it's absolutely nothing like Morrowind/Oblivion [not that I have anything against those two games, though].

Odysseus

Banned
Mojovonio said:
Put it this way. Had you played SS2, you wouldn't be questioning this game.

Well, as long as it's not something stupid like shooting the Germans or the terrorists then I guess I can have an open mind. But I'm really not a fan of RPG-type interaction in first person.

tegdf said:
I forgot the lube this time

473140.jpg

We can use this.

Odysseus said:
Well, as long as it's not something stupid like shooting the Germans or the terrorists then I guess I can have an open mind. But I'm really not a fan of RPG-type interaction in first person.

man you need to play system shock I think it's abandonware
or you can get Deus Ex for like $5 at walmart or something

Ryun1

Is "6:30" code for "April Fools" or something? Usually when people quote a time down to the minute it means some kind of willingness to be timely is involved. WTF etc.

Top Bottom