• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else not able to play Uncharted 4 for another few months?

So the Uncharted 4 copies out in the wild has got me thinking on how I won't be able to play Uncharted 4 until the very end of June (at the very least), simply because my exams start on the 18th (just over a week after the game comes out), and they don't finish until the 24th June. They're pretty important considering the grades I receive determine whether I get into medical school or not,so I've had to shift my priorities etc.

So I thought, does anyone else share this misfortune? I mean I'm not really afraid of spoilers since I won't be spending much time on GAF (of course due to very[i/] intense revision
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
, but it's just the fact that I'll have to wait that bit more that adds to the slight annoyance
on top of all dem delays lol

Oh yeah, and FWIW, the same goes for E3 -- I'll have to archive all the conferences for after exams and so I'll miss all the live reactions [spoilers]and GAF meltdown[/spoilers] unfortunately -- so I'll definitely be LTTP on that as well.

Anyone else in a similar position?

I won't be playing Zelda Wii U for a year since its proposed Holiday 2016 release because I will be in the army. I will probably miss NX launch too if it launches this year, as well as all holiday titles.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I haven't even started Uncharted 2 yet so it's gonna be a while before I get around to buying 4. I'm not worried about spoilers. I've managed to go over 8 years without knowing anything about the games so i think another few months won't hurt.

This is how I feel about pretty much every major release, but mainly because I'm over the idea of paying full price for a game on day 1. I'm much happier waiting a few months, I get it cheaper and I don't get burned by surprise performance issues.

I won't play it for a good while, but it doesn't bother me in the slgihtest as I plan to second hand buy this anyway.

My plate is full enough as it is, Uncharted 4 simply doesn't top the priority list for me, right now.

DavidDesu

I'm more interested in finally getting Dirt Rally. Payday tomorrow. Need to keep the pennies in check so probably going to wait until 3 weeks after U4 comes out for my next payday. Probably get it a bit cheaper by then too. Alternatively I could wait for U4, play the hell out of it, exhaust my time with it (I'm not into the MP at all) then trade in for a good price and get Dirt Rally then. Hmmm decisions decisions.

E-phonk

Banned
I don't have a lot of time atm, and I want to finish dark souls 3 (only 15hours in at the moment)... so i guess uncharted will be a june/july game for me.
Which is ok.

woopWOOP

I'll be working on my thesis until october or so as FE:Fates is just around the EU corner.
If all goes well I can finally dig in about 1.5 years after Japan's release.

Goddamnit

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
No money. Waiting.

But then again I'm the guy who loved ND yet didn't play TLOU until a month ago. No regrets.... it hit with a full impact in 2016 nonetheless.

A good game is good forever.... no need to rush....

So the Uncharted 4 copies out in the wild got me thinking to how I won't be able to play Uncharted 4 at the very least until the very end of June, simply because my exams start a week after the game comes out, and last for ~5 weeks. They're pretty important considering they determine whether I get into med school or not, so yeah, priorities etc.

So I thought, does anyone else share this plight? I mean I'm not really afraid of spoilers since I won't be spending much time on GAF due to intense revision
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
, but it's just the notion I'll have to wait that bit more
on top of all dem delays lol

Anyone else in a similar position to me? Oh yeah, and FWIW, the same goes for E3 -- I'll have to archive it for after exams as well, and will miss all the live reactions :/
Don't you dare get distracted by this game or checking GAF while revising. Getting into med school is very important. I want to see you in the library the whole time.

No Disrespect, But is this really thread worthy?

No offence taken, but hey, I thought why not? As one of the posters already said May is UK exam season. Just thought I'd see who else shared my misfortune.

Don't you dare get distracted by this game or checking GAF while revising. Getting into med school is very important. I want to see you in the library the whole time.

Heh, you sound like my dad :p

No Disrespect, But is this really thread worthy?

Sure it is.

Baby-2.png

TheBeebs

Neo Member
I won't be playing it for a few months since I already have a ton of games to play. I'm currently 20 hours into Danganronpa 2 and I'd like to finish that before I jump into another game.

I won't be. Not going to be able to play the pa4 til mid May and that will be for dark souls 3 and Valkyrie chronicles. Fire emblem, Odin sphere and zero time dilemma means I have no time for uncharted. Either I will find time during August or just won't bother until I hit a dry spell.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Always good to have your priorities straight. Hobbies should never lead to negative impacts in the areas of life that really matter (family, friends, career/financial security, health etc.).

That said, unless you're worried about getting sucked into the MP, Uncharted games tend to be pretty short. So you could always plan a weekend to set aside if you get X amount of your work done and buy the game that weekend if you're caught up and comfortable. Sometimes it helps to have a short break to look forward to. I did that while getting through my Ph D comps, during my tenure grind year etc. Sometimes I didn't get enough done and had to skip the game or whatever I had hoped to do and keep working, other times it motivated me and I got more done faster as it was easier to slave away having a break to look forward to.

I don't even have a PS4 yet. When I get one, Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne will be my first games, just like Uncharted 2 and GTA 4 were my first PS3 games

vern

I'd like to play it but I've got too much going on and there still isn't enough worth playing on ps4 to justify it. Waiting for shenmue, last guardian, and this to release then I'll play it. Spoilers I'm not concerned with, the story is fluffy popcorn bs I'm sure just like the first 3. Plus I won't be watching gameplay videos or reading threads on it. I've got other projects to work on first.

I won't play it for a while. Not because I really have anything going on, but because I know I won't play it right away if I buy it so I may as well wait it out. Still playing Destiny and Dark Souls III and the next game I'm spending money on is Overwatch.

I'm going to visit family on the day of release. Won't have time to play it until the 22 of may. Even then I've got exams coming up, so I'll have to juggle. It's probably not a very long game though, so it'll be a good reward after a day of studying.

shandy706

Raises hand.

I've sworn I'm waiting to get the PS4 when PSVR comes out (although the PS4k has me a bit confused on when now).

I decided that as we plan to move to a new/bigger house soon too. I don't need more stuff to move...lol. Already cramped.

daveo42

Banned
Not for this game. Been looking forward to it since it was announced. There are other games on my radar though that might take a backseat to UC4 come launch, like Doom.

I'm right there with you, but for all games. Had to adjust spending habits after my baby was born and new games got bumped to the bottom of the list. Its given me the perfect excuse to tackle my backlog though which is a silver lining.

SamNW

Currently playing through the Nathan Drake Collection. Spent most of time last gen with an Xbox 360, so I never got around to playing more than bits and pieces of Uncharted. Will definitely pick up A Thief's End at some point, but I'll probably wait for a sale, as I'll likely want a break anyway.

To be honest, even exams aside, I literally have 80+ games on my backlog lol -- it never stops growing heh. And with limited free time, moreso now than ever, it ain't helping :p

This is neogaf gaming side tho

Yep -- I just thought it was gaming stuff tied in with IRL stuff, specifically Uncharted 4 as it's definitely one of the biggest releases this year; wanted to see how many others were in the same boat and why.

Always good to have your priorities straight. Hobbies should never lead to negative impacts in the areas of life that really matter (family, friends, career/financial security, health etc.).

That said, unless you're worried about getting sucked into the MP, Uncharted games tend to be pretty short. So you could always plan a weekend to set aside if you get X amount of your work done and buy the game that weekend if you're caught up and comfortable. Sometimes it helps to have a short break to look forward to. I did that while getting through my Ph D comps, during my tenure grind year etc. Sometimes I didn't get enough done and had to skip the game or whatever I had hoped to do and keep working, other times it motivated me and I got more done faster as it was easier to slave away having a break to look forward to.

Yeah, definitely some good advise there. You see, under other circumstances, I probably would, and Uncharted wouldn't really engulf much of my time but the problem with my situation, I already use that free time for other stuff including taking breaks, so I didn't want to add to that. But yeah, for sure, you raise some great points there.

Nope my exam is 14th. I'll play right when I get home. :)

Heh. I take it you're also in the UK and starting exams then?

I'm going to be on poverty time until September and if the PS4 Neo gets confirmed I'm probably going to hold out until it becomes available.

In the worst case scenario it's no FF15 and no Uncharted 4 for me until Novembre : Tell me I'm going to make it GAF...

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
It's not every year I play a game at release. It happens less and less frequent. They're not worth it most of the time.

Randam

So all you want to do is study and sleep?

Even when I wrote my bachelor thesis, I played some games every evening before going to bed.

So all you want to do is study and sleep?

Even when I wrote my bachelor thesis, I played some games every evening before going to bed.

Nope, not sure how you got that heh -- it's just the free time that I will have won't be spent playing games. In an ideal world, that would be the case, but I already occupy my free time with other things. For these two months now, it's just hands on deck, then it'll be over, and I can enjoy my summer and be happy that there'll be no more school :p

Top Bottom