• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has this always been here or is it new? Facebook Like/Share under Post Reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
0Znb5JB.png

Just started seeing this.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Just added, i think.
Is there a way to keep ublock disabled for general ads, but kill the facebook prompts?

I was literally in the process of typing out the thread asking about this. haha.

Doesnt bother me, just thought it was weird.

Silkworm

Facebook i̶s̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ has taken over! O_O

But on a serious note, I just noticed it too. Glad to see I'm not the only one ;-) Oh well, maybe NeoGAF will get a piece of that big ol' Facebook money :)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I was just about to make this thread.

I guess I don't have a virus. It's dangerously close to the post reply button. Mistakes will be made.

xxracerxx

VoWnm23.png

Thanks for liking my thread, think about subscribing as I will be putting out more content as the days roll by.

Also consider donating to my Patreon. A man has to eat, you know?

Negator

Yo if you liked my posts and want more posts just like like it be sure to LIKE, COMMENT, and CLICK THAT SHARE BUTTON

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wait. Ha. When did that show up? Does it Like the thread or the site?

Edit: It only likes the whole website. So why put it on every thread page? That implies that it will like the thread URL. But it counts for the entire site instead. Seems it should be the other way around.

Timan

Developer
Jeez you guys spot the slightest change, as its getting added.

I can promise that we are not going overboard with social stuff. We're adding the Like widget and then a Like link in the header next to the twitter one.. thats it! No share/tweet/other social media services/bloat.

We also added some better meta tags as well to make the sharing a little cleaner for users who do end up sharing something.

Wish that button was there when the "Guy looked at my lunch funny, so I belittled him in front of the rest of the staff" thread was going on.

Either way, my GAF life and FB life can not intermingle. Worlds colliding Jerry!!!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wouldn't be too much of an issue if they were moved to the far right or maybe in in the center, but being right below the "post reply" button seems like it could cause some misclicks.

I don't want my Facebook feed knowing that I'm looking at BronyGaf.

Wallach

I can promise that we are not going overboard with social stuff. We're adding the Like widget and then a Like link in the header next to the twitter one.. thats it! No share/tweet/other social media services/bloat.

We also added some better meta tags as well to make the sharing a little cleaner for users who do end up sharing something.

Think we could get those buttons down a bit farther? Like right above the final line break, just above the timestamp? It's a bit close to the "Post Reply" button.

xxracerxx

Just want to send a special shout out to my bois DietRob and perfectchaos007, thanks for always quoting me and keep it real, yo!

CTLance

Oh ew. Very much not a fan of this.

At least it's not on the mobile site... yet.

Can we get a setting that removes that social tracking stuff? Or at least one of those "activate by clicking once" thingamabobs? I'm all for the option, seriously, knock yourself out, but being forced to categorically allow Facebook to track me on one of the few sites I have whitelisted in ghostery and ublock feels like a slight kick to the nads.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior

Well could you at least make it "Like" the thread URL individually and not the site? Because it seems to only like the site. Because I went to another thread and it was already selected. And when I clicked Share it posted as a link to the site and not the thread.

Seems it would make more sense to like each thread individually. That would be much better social integration IMHO. If it's just going to like the site, then put it on the main page, not the threads.

kenta

Has no PEINS

Can we please have an option to disable any/all social widgets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom