• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Trucks Official Trailer AKA The movie concept that left me speechless

Status
Not open for further replies.
rrZajXt.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You're wrong OP, this is far more creative than you'd expect given the name.

Dominator

You know what, this looks awesome. They don't make movies like this anymore. Live action kids movies are few and far between nowadays. I'm in.

FoneBone

This has had four different release dates, and is being released over 18 months after its originally scheduled date. So it's definitely quality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Trucks_(film)
The release date was previously set for May 29, 2015, but on January 26, 2015, the film was pushed back to December 25, 2015, which was first assigned for Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation.[18] On May 5, 2015, the film was pushed back again to March 18, 2016.[19] On November 10, 2015, the film's release date was pushed back again to January 13, 2017.[20]

DJ_Lae

It looks dumb, sure, but I might actually watch it at some point. Seems like it could be fun with the kids if it doesn't get bogged down with too much character shit.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Actually that idea was far more creative than what I was expecting which was a Pixar's Cars type movie but with monster trucks.

Glowsquid

I thought it was going to be a movie about monster trucks, then an horror film about man-eating trucks, and then it turns out to be a kids movie. this trailer is an emotional roller-coaster

This looks terrible, but in a lightly charming way. The action looks inoffensive, the concept is harmlessly dumb, and it's at least original.

I'm sure the thing is garbage, but I'm not gonna fight it. Some little kid is gonna fucking adore this, and that's what the movies should be all about.

ultron87

That's at least a concept I haven't seen before.

I was hoping for a horror movie where there's a werewolf truck and a vampire truck and a mummy truck etc.

I mean....it's just a dumb kids movie. I don't think we are the target audience. I'm sure some little kids will love that kinda stuff.

I'm not saying it's going to be good or that I'll watch it, but the concept is actually pretty fun and perfect for a kids movie. In other words, I disagree with you OP.

El Odio

Banned
Don't know what I expected based off the title but the first few posts in this thread made it sound like this trailer was going to be an abomination. After watching it I personally probably won't see it but this looks completely inoffensive and perfect for kids, you know the target audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom