• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman v Superman Extended Edition trailer + details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

He had to get help from the US government to bring it in. I'm talking about just doing it himself.

No, he tried to get permission and do it the right way with the government. She said no, he killed her, and then did it anyway. There was a big scene where they explicitly go over this.

Sounds like Lex to me.

DrBo42

Saw it earlier this week. I haven't seen the original so I can't really speak to if anything is improved, but it's awful. Martha is just as hilarious as people claimed, Lex's motivations are still just as bizarre. Batman is still the world's dumbest detective, league member videos are still out of place.

I heard there were some problems that the Africa scene they're talking about not being shown in the original? That scene is in now if that was the case. It's not good and doesn't really make sense for the outrage of people later on. It's still a bloated mess.

IconGrist

Saw it earlier this week. I haven't seen the original so I can't really speak to if anything is improved, but it's awful. Martha is just as hilarious as people claimed, Lex's motivations are still just as bizarre. Batman is still the world's dumbest detective, league member videos are still out of place.

I heard there were some problems that the Africa scene they're talking about not being shown in the original? That scene is in now if that was the case. It's not good and doesn't really make sense for the outrage of people later on. It's still a bloated mess.

I'm curious as to how you can compare the UC to the original without having seen the original?

Ashhong

Question, how? Confused by your post because you say you haven't seen the original, but keep comparing the two.

ah, I see you answered above.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Lol yea. Only Batman knew about it and Lex still ended up with the rock and he wanted Batman to take it so I'd call it a success.

Is this a serious question? What is wrong with Lex attempting to do it legally first?

No, he tried to get permission and do it the right way with the government. She said no, he killed her, and then did it anyway. There was a big scene where they explicitly go over this.

Sounds like Lex to me.

So he tries to bring an ore into the country legally after framing Superman? And then, law abiding citizen he is, says to hell with the law and kills a congressman. . .to do something he could have done himself?

The guy knows who ALL of these people are, can't believe he'd need to even bother with customs with this damn rock.

IconGrist

Based on people's complaints I've read. It's really not that hard.

Yea but that's still hearsay. You can't judge if the UC is better, same or worse because you didn't see the original unless you read some scene for scene breakdown of the entire movie.

So he tries to bring an ore into the country legally after framing Superman? And then, law abiding citizen he is, says to hell with the law and kills a congressman. . .to do something he could have done himself?

The guy knows who ALL of these people are, can't believe he'd need to even bother with customs with this damn rock.

Your logic doesn't follow here. We don't know what his original plan with the kryptonite was. We only know what it became after he got Batman involved.

DrBo42

Yea but that's still hearsay. You can't judge if the UC is better, same or worse because you didn't see the original unless you read some scene for scene breakdown of the entire movie.

Okay. Well I can tell you it's a bad movie in the UC cut. Without a doubt.

Ashhong

What the hell are you even saying? Law abiding citizen so he kills a congressman? Did you watch the movie?

He tries to bring in the K BEFORE framing Superman, since you know, the congressWOMAN is still alive and all. He wants to work with the government and be able to share the weapons he creates. She says no, he frames Superman with the bombing, and then brings in the K.

It's not just the matter of customs, as if he had no other choice but to bring it in, it was wanting to basically be sanctioned by the government and hold that power.

That's how Lex always is.

DrBo42

Is it possible to give some light spoilers, maybe just about the Africa scene? That'll be a good litmus test on how much of an "improvement" it is.

Okay. I ended up typing up the entire scene lol. I'll try and parse what would be light spoilers as well.

Light spoilers:
Lois is captured with a photographer. Civilians die. Superman saves her.

Full scene:
Lois scores an interview with some bad guy in Africa, brings along a reporter. He identifies himself as Jimmy Olsen. Security for bad guy in Africa check their gear, take apart Olsen's camera and find a big blinking tracking device in one of his rolls of film. They freak out and immediately draw their guns etc. They look like they're going to kill Lois so Jimmy reveals he's CIA while speaking the local language. They shoot him in the head. Cuts to CIA command somewhere and they talk about how their asset is down, some cuts between what seems to be a special forces QRF and a really low flying predator drone. They're informed how civilians are still on the ground and maybe mention a US citizen (Lois of course) but basically ignore the QRF and send the drone in for a bombing run. African bad guy's guard is a mix of locals and some white mercenaries, mercenaries motion to each other and kill the local guards. Then flamethrowers come out to char the bodies. I believe some civilians are caught up in this. Random gunfire hits Lois' journal on the ground. Mercenaries immediately bug out after. Lois has a face to face with the main bad guy in a building, drone gets pretty close to the village and CIA fire a hellfire or something similar. Sonic boom, Superman flies into the missile and through the drone. Lands superhero style through the building's roof. Main bad guy has Lois at gunpoint as a shield from the boy scout, Lois lets go of the arm being held against her and there's a bit of a nod between her and supes. Superman flies into him ripping him off of Lois and through a few walls in the process. Lois picks up the journal outside and recovers the round lodged inside it (ties into the blonde seen in the trailer who investigates the source of the round later on). That's pretty much it.

IconGrist

No need to spoiler tag the whole thing. Where I kept the tags are different from the original cut.

Full scene:
Lois scores an interview with some bad guy in Africa, brings along a reporter.
He identifies himself as Jimmy Olsen.
Security for bad guy in Africa check their gear, take apart
Olsen's
camera and find a big blinking racking device in one of his rolls of film. They freak out and immediately draw their guns etc. They look like they're going to kill Lois so
Jimmy
reveals he's CIA while speaking the local language.
They shoot him in the head. Cuts to CIA command somewhere and they talk about how their asset is down, some cuts between what seems to be a special forces QRF and a really low flying predator drone. They're informed how civilians are still on the ground and maybe mention a US citize (Lois of course) but basically ignore the QRF and send the drone in for a bombing run.
African bad guy's guard is a mix of locals and some white mercenaries, mercenaries motion to each other and kill the local guards.
Then flamethrowers come out to char the bodies. I believe some civilians are caught up in this.
Random gunfire hits Lois' journal on the ground. Mercenaries immediately bug out after. Lois has a face to face with the main bad guy in a building,
drone gets pretty close to the village and CIA fire a hellfire or something similar.
Sonic boom, Superman
flies into the missile and through the drone.
Lands superhero style through the building's roof. Main bad guy has Lois at gunpoint as a shield from the boy scout, Lois lets go of the arm being held against her and there's a bit of a nod between her and supes. Superman flies into him ripping him off of Lois and through a few walls in the process.
Lois picks up the journal outside and recovers the round lodged inside it (ties into the blonde seen in the trailer who investigates the source of the round later on).
That's pretty much it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What the hell are you even saying? Law abiding citizen so he kills a congressman? Did you watch the movie?

Yup. It stunk. The "law abiding citizen" dig was at the idea that Lex Luthor attempts to do things legally and then immediately jumps to murder when that doesn't go his way. If murder was an option, why do things legally.

He tries to bring in the K BEFORE framing Superman, since you know, the congressWOMAN is still alive and all. He wants to work with the government and be able to share the weapons he creates. She says no, he frames Superman with the bombing, and then brings in the K.

I'm talking about the Africa scene.

It's not just the matter of customs, as if he had no other choice but to bring it in, it was wanting to basically be sanctioned by the government and hold that power.

That's how Lex always is.

Great. He wants to hold the nuke. However why involve the US government in the first place? He obviously doesn't hold them in that high regard.

Look all I am saying is this. Lex clearly was WAY in front of all three characters from the jump. He has enough resources to suss out all of their identities and personal lives. He wants a deterrent for Superman - I simply do not see him wasting his time negotiating to be allowed to have that, especially given his response when he's told no.

Okay. I ended up typing up the entire scene lol. I'll try and parse what would be light spoilers as well.

Light spoilers:
Lois is captured with a photographer. Civilians die. Superman saves her.

Full scene:
Lois scores an interview with some bad guy in Africa, brings along a reporter. He identifies himself as Jimmy Olsen. Security for bad guy in Africa check their gear, take apart Olsen's camera and find a big blinking tracking device in one of his rolls of film. They freak out and immediately draw their guns etc. They look like they're going to kill Lois so Jimmy reveals he's CIA while speaking the local language. They shoot him in the head. Cuts to CIA command somewhere and they talk about how their asset is down, some cuts between what seems to be a special forces QRF and a really low flying predator drone. They're informed how civilians are still on the ground and maybe mention a US citizen (Lois of course) but basically ignore the QRF and send the drone in for a bombing run. African bad guy's guard is a mix of locals and some white mercenaries, mercenaries motion to each other and kill the local guards. Then flamethrowers come out to char the bodies. I believe some civilians are caught up in this. Random gunfire hits Lois' journal on the ground. Mercenaries immediately bug out after. Lois has a face to face with the main bad guy in a building, drone gets pretty close to the village and CIA fire a hellfire or something similar. Sonic boom, Superman flies into the missile and through the drone. Lands superhero style through the building's roof. Main bad guy has Lois at gunpoint as a shield from the boy scout, Lois lets go of the arm being held against her and there's a bit of a nod between her and supes. Superman flies into him ripping him off of Lois and through a few walls in the process. Lois picks up the journal outside and recovers the round lodged inside it (ties into the blonde seen in the trailer who investigates the source of the round later on). That's pretty much it.

Hmmm.... well at least they confirm something Snyder already told everyone.

Thanks for the description. Sounds like an even better drinking experience than the tc.

Ashhong

No need to spoiler tag the whole thing. Where I kept the tags are different from the original cut.

One thing I noticed. He says she finds the bullet in the journal in Africa. Theatrical cut she finds it in the bathtub. Means Snyder got to shoot her naked twice :)

Ashhong

Look all I am saying is this. Lex clearly was WAY in front of all three characters from the jump. He has enough resources to suss out all of their identities and personal lives. He wants a deterrent for Superman - I simply do not see him wasting his time negotiating to be allowed to have that, especially given his response when he's told no.

Because his goal is not to just destroy Superman. He wants the world to see how bad of a threat he is. He wants the world to turn on him. He tried to convince the Senator of the possible future and get her to join his side. Lex vs Superman would be a lot easier if it was Lex+World vs Superman.

edit: shit sorry double post

IconGrist

One thing I noticed. He says she finds the bullet in the journal in Africa. Theatrical cut she finds it in the bathtub. Means Snyder got to shoot her naked twice :)

Mother-of-God.png

DrBo42

Now I'm doubting when she finds it. Not sure if I'm right about that. But from what you guys are saying there are 1 or 2 more scenes in the plot line.

Dead

well not really...yet
The Theatrical cut is basically Lois and Jimmy arrive at the village, Jimmy is shot, mercs shoot some people, Lois captured, Superman saves her and that's it. Nothing else.

The bullet plotline in the Theatrical cut is just one or two scenes of Lois talking to the defense secretary and that's it.

IconGrist

Now I'm doubting when she finds it. Not sure if I'm right about that. But from what you guys are saying there are 1 or 2 more scenes in the plot line.

Something I noticed a couple of days ago in some behind the scenes pictures that never showed up in the OC so I'm wondering if you can confirm. Was there a scene with Lois in a subway and another of her wearing overalls (I assume on the Kent farm)?

DrBo42

Something I noticed a couple of days ago in some behind the scenes pictures that never showed up in the OC so I'm wondering if you can confirm. Was there a scene with Lois in a subway and another of her wearing overalls (I assume on the Kent farm)?

Not that I remember.

DrBo42

Hmm. I wonder what the hell those were then.

To be honest they might be there. It's a big blur of bad.

Edit: That subway scene might be when she gets nabbed by Luthor mercs but I feel like that was in a different interior. Or it's a reverse shot of her talking to the blonde in the trailer over the phone maybe. Definitely don't remember a cute overalls look.

To be honest they might be there. It's a big blur of bad.

Edit: That subway scene might be when she gets nabbed by Luthor mercs but I feel like that was in a different interior. Or it's a reverse shot of her talking to the blonde in the trailer over the phone maybe. Definitely don't remember a cute overalls look.

About that, is Jena Malone playing anyone significant? Spoiler tag in case anyone doesnt want to know. Thanks.

cj_iwakura

I don't think they could afford that. :p Had to be digital shenanigans or a double or something.

IconGrist

I don't think they could afford that. :p Had to be digital shenanigans or a double or something.

Naked Amy Adams? No, that was all her. She joked about it in an interview on the Graham Norton Show because her modesty patches kept falling off and floating around in the water freaking out Henry Cavill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom