• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One does include controller, initial report false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

icespide

Banned
UPDATE: the controller is in fact included, false alarm
A controller DOES come with the Xbox One S.

I'll have a complete unboxing later today on Geoff Keighley's YT show.

(And I look forward to the the GIF's from said unboxing)

https://twitter.com/_wotta/status/742397649630924800

now it makes sense how they can get the cost down to $299

so literally in the video the fine print says no controller included, but in the video description it says included:

which is right?
pv6sFLO.png

Selling a console with no controller? Huh?

Did they say this during the conference? They seemed to be talking about the controller in conjunction with the console. Huh???

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Nope. it does.

Product description from YouTube mentions this:

Introducing the new Xbox One S. Play the greatest games lineup, including Xbox 360 classics, on a 40% smaller console. Experience richer, more luminous colors in games and video with High Dynamic Range technology. Stream 4K video on Netflix and Amazon Video, and watch UHD Blu-ray™ movies in stunning 4K Ultra HD. Includes the newly streamlined Xbox Wireless Controller.

Keeps the price down if you want to upgrade. Also, depends on what tweaks they've made to the controller it may not be needed, or wanted.

Options.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I assume that this means "the new controller will also be available without buying the new console" but hey.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Well, there goes my interest for that out of the window. (Along with the lack of compelling software in the Xbox conference so far.)

Duxxy3

That won't go over well.

Kid opens a gift and goes to set it up, only to find that there's no fucking controller in the box.

Ponn

Banned
And people thought the whole Vita/memory card thing and new 3ds with no power cable was bad. Piecemeal game systems is coming. Console gaming is turning into PC gaming real fucking quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom