• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2016

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

• Carmageddon: Max Damage (PS4)
  • Romance of Three Kingdoms XIII (PS4)
  • Ghostbusters (PS4)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs-Force (Vita)
  • Moon Hunters (PS4)
  • Song of the Deep (PS4)
  • 10 Second Ninja X (PS4, Vita)
  • Ark: Survival of the Fittest (PS4)
  • I Am Setsuna (PS4)
  • Batman: Return to Arkham (PS4)
  • Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (PS4)
  • Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (Vita)
  • The Banner Saga 2 (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, PS3
  • Fat Princess, PS3
  • Furi, PS4
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, PS Vita
  • Prince of Persia: Revelation, PS Vita
  • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, PS4

WQhwkXV.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!​

ayyyy best line stickers.

also july isn't as packed as i thought it would be. what im getting:

Romance of Three Kingdoms XIII (PS4)
Song of the Deep (PS4)
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (PS4) (unsure yet. Just want the amano art on the box tbh)
Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (Vita) buying 2 copies

yaffi

Tried other games:

-both those dark 2d puzzle games(sorry i don't remember their names) with a girl as main character(one with a fairy and the other with a monster) are interesting but a little slow, i don't really like that the one with the fairy is touchscreen and backpad only, but it isn't a deal breaker.

If you're talking about htoL#NiQ, you can change the controls to not use the touchscreen.

maouvin

Furi, I guess. Slow month. And a big wishlist of past releases I didn't get on day one, so that's for the best.

Powwa

Nothing interesting except Shiren the Wanderer this month. Will buy Grand Kingdom if it goes on sale.

Pata

The Banner Saga 2 releases on the 5th not the 26th, which is the old release date.

-----------------

Spy Chameleon (and 10 Second Ninja if the price is right) for me this month. Also I'll be getting Odin Sphere for Vita and some titles of the Big in Japan sale on the EU Store.

Looks like July is a backlog catchup month ahead of No Man's Sky dropping next month.

But, really, I just want October's Dragon Quest Builder to get here sooner...

This month seems to belong more to the 3DS and that's okay. I won't be buying any games (maybe I'll get Shorten but that's later on almost at the end of the month), still have to get through ZTD and GE:R. It's catch up time!

RK128

Happy July Everyone!

While the 3DS is getting a lot the next few days, the Vita had a lot of great titles coming out last month and some great games coming this one like Lumo, Darkest Dungeon (I think?) and Gundam.

In addition to the backlog I have with SS Delta, SAO Lost Song and recent releases like Grand Kingdom.....I'm going to game on my Vita for a long while XD.

Hey guys its been a while since I've posted in the PSN thread but I've finally platinum P4G and it was great, 10/10 game, the feels were felt. I than took a little break from 40+ hour games and platinum both Uncharted Golden Abyss and Tearaway, neat games but after the masterpiece of P4G they felt average. Now I've picked up GAF recommended Danganronpa, I'm on chapter 3 and all I got to say thus far is that I'm very intrigued...

I've decided to postpone playing Virtue's Last Reward and getting Zero Time Dilemma until we get that rumored 999 Vita port. I'm ready to marathon the mind blowns. Have a jolly July everyone!

There seems to be some sort of Midweek Sale that'll span more than a week with weekly changing sales on NA PSN. I want to use my $10 credit I got from Amazon for my delayed Zero Time Dilemma shipment on a Vita game, but nothing got my attention in Week 1.

Edit: Sales banner says that the sale will last teo weeks total.
Thomas Was Alone is 3 bucks, and it is a tempting replay for me- perfect short little story if you haven't played ot already.
Ray Gigant is 15$ I think.
The BIT.TRIP collection is also on sale, but I hear things about mandatory tilt controls. Grim Fandango Remastered is also 3 bucks.
Tales of Hearts R is 9$.
Some Hyperdimension Neptunia games are on sale.
Tetris Ultimate is six bucks.
SAO Lost Song is 16 bucks.
A One Piece musou id 16 bucks and for $20 we have Ar Nosurge and Atelier Totori Plus.
Quite a lot of indies seem to be on sale, thr highlights being BIT.TRIP, Thomas Was Alone and The Bridge for me.

W-00

I want to use my $10 credit I got from Amazon for my delayed Zero Time Dilemma shipment on a Vita game, but nothing got my attention in Week 1.

Can you? I've tried spending my credit on PSN cards, but the credit doesn't show up in payment options.

Arthos

Can you? I've tried spending my credit on PSN cards, but the credit doesn't show up in payment options.

I've tried as well and it doesn't work.

Haven't picked up anything from the sale yet. Tetris or Ray Gigant worth getting? I completely forgot to pick up the latter when it released and I'm kind of glad I did!

VLiberty

Lumo and Furi look great!

Futurlab working on a PSVR game...for fuck's sake :mad: hopefully they're working on something else too

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have finally bought lost dimension, my plan was to buy games for less than 10 euro so i was thinking of buying trillion, disgaea 4 or noire, but i think i want something more action(not necesserily an action game, for example jrpgs with real time battle system are good too).

What's the consensus on j star victory+? How does it justify all the battles between good guys? I saw there's a ship moving on the sea, how does the story mode work?

If you're talking about htoL#NiQ, you can change the controls to not use the touchscreen.

I had too much to play, i guess i didn't pay too much attention to settings lol, it's fine with touchscreen too though.

I have finally bought lost dimension, my plan was to buy games for less than 10 euro so i was thinking of buying trillion, disgaea 4 or noire, but i think i want something more action(not necesserily an action game, for example jrpgs with real time battle system are good too).

What's the consensus on j star victory+? How does it justify all the battles between good guys? I saw there's a ship moving on the sea, how does the story mode work?

Good choice with Lost Dimension!

I knew I should've finished my J-Stars review. It's brewing. In short it's fun for a little while for the fighting, but it gets shallow really quickly as there just isn't very much nuance to it.

Story mode is interesting though. It's basically a pseudo-JRPG - you travel around a world map to different towns and engage in battles. There's fetch quests and Tales-styles enemies on the screen that you can battle against. It's an interesting idea but again, quite shallow after a while.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good choice with Lost Dimension!

I knew I should've finished my J-Stars review. It's brewing. In short it's fun for a little while for the fighting, but it gets shallow really quickly as there just isn't very much nuance to it.

Story mode is interesting though. It's basically a pseudo-JRPG - you travel around a world map to different towns and engage in battles. There's fetch quests and Tales-styles enemies on the screen that you can battle against. It's an interesting idea but again, quite shallow after a while.

I always wanted lost dimension since the time i played the japanese demo, i even begged for its localization as much as possible, but i couldn't buy it during the release window so i waited for a sale.

Thanks for the infos on J-star, i still don't know what to buy though lol, that's a very good sale.

I've got my eye on Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII, never having played one. But I'm not sure if I would find it too dull or not.

Does anyone know when Aksys/Bamco/NISA/Sekai Project's panels for AX are? Was kinda expecting more announcements than just Asterisk War by now :p

999/VLR are safe bets. We should hope they have more than that :p.

I'm assuming 999 Steam/Vita will be one of the things they announce, yes. Though like I say quite often these days, Aksys feel like a wildcard publisher so they could literally announce anything lol. Which makes it much more exciting!

I'm assuming 999 Steam/Vita will be one of the things they announce, yes. Though like I say quite often these days, Aksys feel like a wildcard publisher so they could literally announce anything lol. Which makes it much more exciting!

Who would announce Net High if that were a possibility?

Hikami

Just Setsuna for me this month, nice. Playing Zero Time Dilemma, Steins;Gate, and Muramasa (+ a bunch of VNs on PC) at the moment so a quiet month is okay with me.

If you haven't played Oreshika yet for some reason, give it a try this month if you have PS+.

HotHamBoy

Is that Gundam Vs. Vita game supposed to be any good?

I just watched a gameplay video, reminds me of Custom Robo

But it looks pretty terrible, visually. I would have believed that was a PSP game. Low-res character models with super-jaggy aliasing...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Well, fuck.

I really want that game over but it likely ain't happening.
If it gives you a bit of hope, if they still intend to bring it over it's probably just taking longer to localize because the game is likely getting significantly re-written/re-tooled. Pretty much every conversation in that game has japanese Internet memes, references, or slang with no direct translation, and some of the minigames/plot-twists are kanji/word-play-based which will need clever english equivalents to be created from scratch (and interfaces reprogrammed).

I'm guessing $30-$40.

you gettign digital or Asia english for it?

But it looks pretty terrible, visually. I would have believed that was a PSP game. Low-res character models with super-jaggy aliasing...

most of the complaints were that it has ad hoc MP only and not online and is too MP focussed iirc

I enjoyed what I played of it. It's something different and runs well enough. Maybe not quite as fun as Gundam Breaker but I did really enjoy it.

Top Bottom