• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2016

Saphirax

"Aksys is promising some important announcements today"

You said the same thing last time Aksys and all we got was BlazBlue!

She*

And, no I'm not. :p.

Or at least I wasn't. The tweet got deleted, but I can take a screenshot.

Sorry :p

Where have you read it? Like I say, there's nothing in live-feed #AX2016 about it, nor have RPG Site tweeted about.

Btw we got our first localization announcement, 3DS eShop game Ninja Usagimaru. Uff.

edit: and Chase Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories, also eShop.

Saphirax

Sorry :p

Where have you read it? Like I say, there's nothing in live-feed #AX2016 about it, nor have RPG Site tweeted about.

Btw we got our first localization announcement, 3DS eShop game Ninja Usagimaru. Uff.

No, they did tweet it. Here:

JRxjiY0.png

Edit: OMGOMGOMGOMG Aksys Games is localizing new otome games.

Code Realize fandisk and Bad Apple Wars. Wow, wasn't expecting that.

edit: The Code Realize fandisk is for Vita, right? (I know Bad Apple Wars is)

999 is nice for folks that haven't played but aside from ZTD, I have yet to get something from them in a long time. Otome is also nice for those who enjoy the genre, but I'm not a part of that audience. Same with fighting games :/

Wow didn't expect more Otome, I didn't think the other ones sold but I guess they did. I still have an unplayed Code Realize on my shelf. Also bought vanilla Tokyo Twilight in a sale and never got around to it. C'est la vie.

Where are the Galge though? Just balance the scales a bit is all I'm saying.

Edit: Holy shit Tokyo Xanadu and a third Otome what is going on

RK128

Looked over all the announcements.....
-New Version of Tokyo Twilight Hunters this Fall on Vita/PS3/PS4
-Three VN's
-999 Port announced
-Zero Escape Port announced
-Tokyo Xanadu announced for Vita & PC

O_O! THATS A LOT OF GAMES RIGHT THERE XD!

Many have wanted the VN's and Tokyo Xanadu to happen, so I am very happy to see all the announcements :D! And we were all upset when they had nothing last Anime Expo ;).

RK128

this is so weird

I'll take it, but I would have honestly prefered the PS4 version

Likely want that to be a Fall 2017 release, as they want to release the Vita version first, then the PS4 version later in the year. This will make sense if they have a Q1 release for the Vita/PC versions.

I just... I have no words. I said Aksys were a wild card and they pick up a freaking Falcom game that was like at the top of my most wanted that I thought we were never getting because of the bastard PS4 version.

Can't believe it. Omg can't believe it.

I'm thrilled for the fans of otome too who are getting well and truly loved by Aksys.

autoduelist

Looked over all the announcements.....
-New Version of Tokyo Twilight Hunters this Fall on Vita/PS3/PS4
-Three VN's
-999 Port announced
-Zero Escape Port announced
-Tokyo Xanadu announced for Vita & PC

O_O! THATS A LOT OF GAMES RIGHT THERE XD!

Many have wanted the VN's and Tokyo Xanadu to happen, so I am very happy to see all the announcements :D! And we were all upset when they had nothing last Anime Expo ;).

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters seemed interesting though I never bought it. That is, the 'strategic game' part seemed like it -might- be right up my alley, but I was scared away because it seemed like it might be a VN.

I have no idea what Xanudu is but it's by Falcom? I've only played Brandish so far (own but haven't gotten to Ys), so I guess this is good.

I have no idea what 'otome' even means.

Does 999 have room escape puzzles too? That got me through the sequel.

It was a decent game, but not as good as the Kiseki series since it was done by Falcom's younger staff.

Yeah, I've heard it wasn't great, but it's Falcom and I'm 100% on board with everything they release.

I'll just sit back and wait for impressions from the West then!

Otome game:
An otome game (乙女ゲーム otome gēmu?, literally "maiden game") is a story based video game that is targeted towards the female market. Generally one of the goals, besides the main plot goal, is to develop a romantic relationship between the female player character and one of several male or female characters. This genre is most established in Japan, and is mostly made up of visual novels and simulation games; particularly dating sims and life simulation games.

Ephidel

Games primarily aimed at a female audience, usually involving the romancing of guys. They're also usually VNs, and these certainly are, so if you're not a VN person (which I know you're not) then they're probably not something you'd enjoy.

As far as 999 goes, the original has room escape puzzles, and comments from Uchikoshi on twitter suggest the new port should also have room escape puzzles. The ios version doesn't.

I have an unused copy of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters in my drawer that I bought when I found it "cheap" for about £18. Lol.

Gonna have to see if Aksys do a physical Vita release of the new version, if so I can trade it in at least.

edit: Operation Rainfall reporting digital-only for Vita, nooo.

Zhao_Yun

Well, I didn't expect Aksys to localize Tokyo Xanadu. Pretty sure they didn't know of ex+ when they started localizing it, but at least that means that we are getting the Vita version in the West now.

Top Bottom