• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2016

RK128

Shame it appears that nothing came out of NIS America's panel :(. To be fair though, they did announce a number of games before E3 this year. So, I hope that we get announcements from them in the future.

Saphirax

Maybe they are migrating over to game announcements now? Talking about Twitch is talking about gaming after all. Thought the panel was over now too, so hopeful by the end we get a new game announcement.

I mean at least they had the decency to say upfront that they had nothing to announce last year.

Maybe they are migrating over to game announcements now? Talking about Twitch is talking about gaming after all. Thought the panel was over now too, so hopeful by the end we get a new game announcement.
nope they're talking about food now

send them food pics on twitter

redcrayon

2017 is already a good year for me Vita wise:

Tokyo Xanadu
Summon Night 6
God Wars
Asterisk War
Caligula
Full throttle revival
Quantum Suicide
Touhou Genso Wanderer
Regalia Of Men and Monarchs

and a few more i dont remember now
God Wars was announced for a global 2016 launch, wasn't it?

Hahaha. My dinner was ready but I wanted to stay and watch the live tweeting but I thought to myself "last year was a bust, so I'll go eat instead".

Glad I did. Man, why do NISA keep insisting on holding panels where they announce nothing? It's a long way from AX 2014 where they announced 3 games and it was a really good showing.

It's funny, back in 2013/2014 I was amazed how NISA and XSEED were supporting Vita, they were real MVP's back then and I looked forward to every press conference they held with bated breath. Now it's kinda of a collective "ehh" between both of them going for PC porting and the odd multi-plat which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't skipping amazing looking Vita games to chase the PS4 crowd.

Ah well. I'll still probably buy Yomawari (which I think looks great) and possibly Genso Wanderer just to increase the chance that we'll get Genius of Sappheiros in the west (that has released in Japan by now, right?)

RK128

Hahaha. My dinner was ready but I wanted to stay and watch the live tweeting but I thought to myself "last year was a bust, so I'll go eat instead".

Glad I did. Man, why do NISA keep insisting on holding panels where they announce nothing? It's a long way from AX 2014 where they announced 3 games and it was a really good showing.

It's funny, back in 2013/2014 I was amazed how NISA and XSEED were supporting Vita, they were real MVP's back then and I looked forward to every press conference they held with bated breath. Now it's kinda of a collective "ehh" between both of them going for PC porting and the odd multi-plat which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't skipping amazing looking Vita games to chase the PS4 crowd.

Ah well. I'll still probably buy Yomawari (which I think looks great) and possibly Genso Wanderer just to increase the chance that we'll get Genius of Sappheiros in the west (that has released in Japan by now, right?)

I can't be too upset with NISA as I really love Grand Kingdom and glad they localized the game. But I think we will see more game announcements from them in the distant future. Remember, the localization announcements they did have were before E3 this year. So we could learn about some announcements next month or something.

XSEED is also doing great work and while it sucks they aren't bringing over things like Valkaye Drive and what not, again, they could announce it later. If we hear nothing from them by this fall, then I think we can safely be annoyed with them. Until then though, glad they are supporting the Vita still :).

Plus in XSEED's case, they have a number of big projects coming (Cold Steel II, likely Ys, FATE, ect), so its not likely they have nothing coming out in the future.

Saphirax

Just for funsies; NISA's previous description on the AX site mentioned "and maybe some new game announcements"

Now it's

"What are the Prinnies at NIS America up to this time!? If you wanna find out, come and join the Prinny Squad for an exciting panel of fun and games and awesome prizes! Also, we are stoked to bring everyone some news on our upcoming game releases, as well as discussing how JRPGs (like ours, dood!) are continuing to make a big impact in the West today. So bring your game on, because this will be one helluva panel!"

One helluva boring panel indeed.

I also don't think we got any news at all from their panel. All the release dates were already known, correct?

Shizuka

Just for funsies; NISA's previous description on the AX site mentioned "and maybe some new game announcements"

Now it's

"What are the Prinnies at NIS America up to this time!? If you wanna find out, come and join the Prinny Squad for an exciting panel of fun and games and awesome prizes! Also, we are stoked to bring everyone some news on our upcoming game releases, as well as discussing how JRPGs (like ours, dood!) are continuing to make a big impact in the West today. So bring your game on, because this will be one helluva panel!"

One helluva boring panel indeed.

I also don't think we got any news at all from their panel. All the release dates were already known, correct?

Correct.

Plus in XSEED's case, they have a number of big projects coming (Cold Steel II, likely Ys, FATE, ect), so its not likely they have nothing coming out in the future.

Both of them will continue to announce Vita games, of that much I am certain. It's just there's a load of stuff that if released in 2013 or so would've been an easy pick up for them that they're passing over now, and it's a bummer.

Forgot to add to that post though - other companies are picking up the slack. It's weird. Aksys and PQube are now my Vita MVP, both of them doing really cool stuff (Aksys developing ZTD; localizing Tokyo Xanadu / PQube going after Steins;Gate and Root Letter). So it's swings and roundabouts really. Even Bandai Namco have really stepped up their game.

The one constant... is Idea Factory International. Aside from the debacle with Amnesia's pricing difference between PSN & Steam, I feel like they've treated Vita really well. All that Nep PC money going into bringing across Vita games <3

Saphirax

ois0bqfdpeyfhozp3s1u.jpg

RK128

I think this is news: Touhou Genso Wanderer out 2017 for PS4 and Vita

I never heard of this one before, but outside of that? Everything was announced already.

RK128

Both of them will continue to announce Vita games, of that much I am certain. It's just there's a load of stuff that if released in 2013 or so would've been an easy pick up for them that they're passing over now, and it's a bummer.

Forgot to add to that post though - other companies are picking up the slack. It's weird. Aksys and PQube are now my Vita MVP, both of them doing really cool stuff (Aksys developing ZTD; localizing Tokyo Xanadu / PQube going after Steins;Gate and Root Letter). So it's swings and roundabouts really. Even Bandai Namco have really stepped up their game.

The one constant... is Idea Factory International. Aside from the debacle with Amnesia's pricing difference between PSN & Steam, I feel like they've treated Vita really well. All that Nep PC money going into bringing across Vita games <3

Idea Factory is BUSY for sure XD! I remember in Late 2014-Summer 2015 having four too five Neptuina games XD! In addition, we got a lot of stuff from them this year too.

Its nice seeing more and more companies supporting the Vita, with Bamco being one of my favorite publishers in this regard since Fall 2014.

google this... seems you are actually right! im really happy for that , thanks!

RK128: that game was announced before thats why its on my list

Thanks for the correction :D! Nice to hear that it was announced already.

Saphirax

I think this is news: Touhou Genso Wanderer out 2017 for PS4 and Vita

I never heard of this one before, but outside of that? Everything was announced already.

Nah, it was already known. http://nisamerica.com/games/touhou-genso-wanderer/ Check the dates. Disappointing.

I'll take Mary Skelter and more otome games from IFI! If Aksys can announce 4, IFI can announce at least one :p. With the way they ported Amnesia to PC and mobile it had to have been profitable.

(mat)

Disappointing. The free month of PS Plus that came with my brand new PS4 is expired already. :-/

I'll take Mary Skelter and more otome games from IFI! If Aksys can announce 4, IFI can announce at least one :p. With the way they ported Amnesia to PC and mobile it had to have been profitable.

I was going to say that they'll have run out of Vita games which aren't otome soon, but I forgot about Mary Skelter. I'm guessing Cyberdimension has a decent chance of being Vita too.

Otherwise, it's just Black Rose Valkyrie for next year!

Needs more Vita love!

They can port the games to a toaster as long as we get them for Vita as well :D.

Yea trying my best ot buy all the otome games they do on Vita. Not really interested in playing VNs on non portable in general. Can't wait to play VA1LHA11A on Vita and get the platinum. Just beat it on Mac. Same with Read only memories from a few weeks ago.

Saphirax

I was going to say that they'll have run out of Vita games which aren't otome soon, but I forgot about Mary Skelter. I'm guessing Cyberdimension has a decent chance of being Vita too.

Otherwise, it's just Black Rose Valkyrie for next year!

Kinda wish IFI had their own panel at AX. BRV looks intriguing enough.

Yea trying my best ot buy all the otome games they do on Vita. Not really interested in playing VNs on non portable in general. Can't wait to play VA1LHA11A on Vita and get the platinum. Just beat it on Mac. Same with Read only memories from a few weeks ago.

You just wait. Next year Aksys is going to announce 8 otome games!

RK128

Hoping for more Vita love. Two weeks ago, I'd have thought that 2017 would be the fading out year for the Vita, but not anymore.

These past two months showed me that ALOT is coming for the next year on the Vita. I expected 2017 to have a good year for the console, but I expected it to be the last big push for the Vita.

Now, I feel that 2018 can be a damn good year for the system too :). Its a great feeling to have :D.

Nooooooo, Digimon wasn't there :'(. Maybe they just need longer...

Oh well, at least Aksys blew my socks off. World End Economica being reconfirmed was nice too.

999 ports were the showstopper IMHO even if they confirmed basically nothing

Maggot Baits, ISLAND and Baldr Sky were great as well

JRPGs and western RPGs will be fused together example Witcher 3, Fallout 4. #AX2016 #BandaiNamco #

uhhh okay Bamco whatever you say

JRPGs and western RPGs will be fused together example Witcher 3, Fallout 4. #AX2016 #BandaiNamco #

uhhh okay Bamco whatever you say

God, I hope not. Already saw Tales testing the waters of this with the big, open, boring fields of Zestiria.

Least the niche devs are never going to reach that stage, I guess :p

RK128

Anyway, I know what you're all thinking - slightly disappointed with Anime Expo, and what you want to do is let off some Steam playing a 2D platformer with a Soviet aesthetic and magnet gimmick, but you're unsure whether Teslagrad is the game for you!

Well, I've got it sorted, you should totally check out my review:

https://kresnik258reviews.wordpress.com/2016/07/04/vita-teslagrad-review/

(Spoiler: I loved it).

Looking forward to reading it man :). Loved the game a lot too outside of some issues toward the mid-way mark regarding navigating the large map.

Ventara

Hmm, nothing for me this month from PS releases. Been spending a little too much, so I'm gonna hold off of Shiren for now. Will definitely pick up in the future.

Anyways, I need some help deciding whether to buy these two games or not.

Ray Gigant – $14.99, $11.99
Volume (cross-buy) – $6.99, $4.99

I feel like Volume is gonna be a PS+ title, and I still have a bunch of games to play, so not sure if I should be picking up an RPG that isn't crazy cheap (though 60% off is pretty darn cheap, just not under $10 cheap).

Top Bottom