• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2016

I think I've asked this before but just to check: I can have 2 x handheld Vita and 1 x Vita TV all on the same account, right?

Gonna take the plunge on a second handheld after payday if so.

I think I've asked this before but just to check: I can have 2 x handheld Vita and 1 x Vita TV all on the same account, right?

Gonna take the plunge on a second handheld after payday if so.
Yes, they bumped the limit to 3 after the PS TV came out.

Also, did not expect Aksys to get Tokyo Xanadu. Wow.

incpdo

Looked over all the announcements.....
-New Version of Tokyo Twilight Hunters this Fall on Vita/PS3/PS4
-Three VN's
-999 Port announced
-Tokyo Xanadu announced for Vita & PC

O_O! THATS A LOT OF GAMES RIGHT THERE XD!

Many have wanted the VN's and Tokyo Xanadu to happen, so I am very happy to see all the announcements :D! And we were all upset when they had nothing last Anime Expo ;).

is this all for Vita too? 999 port means a real game port or just the ipod version?

incpdo

All vita and 999 is going to have the puzzles.
His post is also missing another otome game. Aksys went all out.

i love this company they always have a little place for the awesome Ps Vita . I might buy everything they are gonna release just because of that.

RK128

All vita and 999 is going to have the puzzles.
His post is also missing another otome game. Aksys went all out.

....I knew I forgot something X(. I'm sorry about that :(.

But its fantastic to see Aksys announce so much today. Not to mention they are bringing over two 3DS gamea & making a few PC ports too. They were quite last year for a reason; they had a lot of plans in pace and wanted to ensure they wall went off with little issue for next year.

Very excited to learn more about the announced projects :).

Saphirax

Laws of the universe dictate that NISA's panel is going to disappoint.

There is no way we can have two panels full of amazing announcements.

incpdo

2017 is already a good year for me Vita wise:

Tokyo Xanadu
Summon Night 6
God Wars
Asterisk War
Caligula
Full throttle revival
Quantum Suicide
Touhou Genso Wanderer
Regalia Of Men and Monarchs

and a few more i dont remember now

Didn't know NISA had a panel.

Also just wondering. for Tokyo Xanadu they specified physical. Did they specify physical for the otome VNs? I hope they are physical.

autoduelist

2017 is already a good year for me Vita wise:

Tokyo Xanadu
Summon Night 6
God Wars
Asterisk War
Caligula
Full throttle revival
Quantum Suicide
Touhou Genso Wanderer
Regalia Of Men and Monarchs

and a few more i dont remember now

Man, I wish we had a nice wiki somewhere with quick summaries of these games. So many to keep up with.

Googling through them all now.

God Wars sounds amazing. 'tactical turn based RPG' with 30 jobs, lewt, etc based on Japanese folklore.

Quantum Suicide - another promising name, but it's a VN so it's not for me.

Caligula sounds like it might be a DRPG? I hope?

I had high hopes for 'Asterisk War' based on the name, but it's a dating sim. Not my thing.

Full Throttle is full throttle, obviously.

Regalia sounds really cool.

Touhou Genso Wanderer is a roguelike!?!?!?!? Awesome. Anyone know it's going to be a 'beginner' style one like Sorcery Saga or if it's hard as nails? [like my games hard]

Tokyo Xanadu - seems like an action rpg (rogue galaxy style, i think?)

Summon Night 6 -- i couldn't find much footage, but it appears to have a nice free-form turn based combat system?

RK128

Man, I wish we had a nice wiki somewhere with quick summaries of these games. So many to keep up with.

Googling through them all now.

God Wars sounds amazing. 'tactical turn based RPG' with 30 jobs, lewt, etc based on Japanese folklore.

Quantum Suicide - another promising name, but it's a VN so it's not for me.

Caligula sounds like it might be a DRPG? I hope?

I had high hopes for 'Asterisk War' based on the name, but it's a dating sim. Not my thing.

Full Throttle is full throttle, obviously.

Regalia sounds really cool.

Touhou Genso Wanderer is a roguelike!?!?!?!? Awesome. Anyone know it's going to be a 'beginner' style one like Sorcery Saga or if it's hard as nails? [like my games hard]

Tokyo Xanadu - seems like an action rpg (rogue galaxy style, i think?)

Summon Night 6 -- i couldn't find much footage, but it appears to have a nice free-form turn based combat system?

I can talk about Asterisk War and Summon Night. The former is coming out this July and is a Dynasty Warriors-esc battle game where you and another character duke it out in 'Festias' aka battles. They are spliced in-between with VN elements that have dating mechanics, as like the SAO anime series (which AW tries hard, and fails, to ape), the main character has EVERY female like him for some dumb reason. It looks okay overall and we will learn more about it closer to the games launch.

The later, is a turn-based strategy game not unlike Advance Wars. While I don't think this will help much, considering SN6 is different from its predecessor, I wrote a review for Summon Night 5 on The Vita Lounge that went live early this year. Reading that is an indication of what kind of game SN6 might be like, as its SN5 but better. Better presentation, 3D battle maps, things not being super-grid based and more.

Hope this helps explaining things regarding the two games buddy :).

Quite amusing to follow UK charts sometimes, since it's one of the few places in the west we actually get weekly numbers from.

In Vita chart, Uncharted jumped up to #2 and GoW Collection to #4. Argos had them on offer over the weekend (Uncharted for £10; GoW for £8) so completely expected to see them leap up. I think GoW only sold like 100 copies though (Argos gives an update of how many people have bought from them in the last 48 hours and it always hovered around 60-70) so just goes to show how low the bar can be sometimes.

Saphirax

3 hours and 30 minutes until NISA's panel...I think :p.

Glad to see their panel in the morning, unlike the last time.

NDRV3, please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Oooh, nice. It's actually gonna be at a time I can follow the announcements this year.

I hope not for a repeat of last year "we have announcements but we're not announcing them now" farce. And Hero Must Die. Plz.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
"Why don't we blend danganronpa and idols games?" someone should have thought, D3 Publisher announces Idol Death Game TV for PS Vita
Idol-Death-Game-TV-Fami-Scan_07-04-16.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/d3-publisher-announces-idol-death-game-tv-ps-vita

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is it really a Danganronpa-esque thing? I think I saw some people saying that was what they'd been expecting but that it wasn't thwt sort of thing

There are no details about the gameplay but the premise sounds similar(except that there will be no investigation i guess)

RK128

NIS America also stated release dates again; "Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness is out September 13th for PS4 and Vita"

Edit: Criminal Girls 2 releasing September 20th on Vita

Yomawari: Night Alone is out October 25th for Vita and Steam

RK128

"NIS America saying they'll hopefully have something to announce about DanganRonpa soon."

lol

Well, the game isn't out in Japan yet :l. So of course they have to wait for the Western announcement, as we all know DR3 is coming over.

Saphirax

Well, the game isn't out in Japan yet :l. So of course they have to wait for the Western announcement, as we all know DR3 is coming over.

Laughing because they said something similar at last AX. They said it was too soon to announce any new games :p.

Is their panel over? I thought it was at least a half hour at most :l.

Edit: No, its still live; RPG Site is still commenting on the the panel.

"NIS America asked who wanted Disgaea on mobile"

i thought it was over with those hashtags my bad

Top Bottom