• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2016

Shizuka

Hmm, nothing for me this month from PS releases. Been spending a little too much, so I'm gonna hold off of Shiren for now. Will definitely pick up in the future.

Anyways, I need some help deciding whether to buy these two games or not.

Ray Gigant – $14.99, $11.99
Volume (cross-buy) – $6.99, $4.99

I feel like Volume is gonna be a PS+ title, and I still have a bunch of games to play, so not sure if I should be picking up an RPG that isn't crazy cheap (though 60% off is pretty darn cheap, just not under $10 cheap).

Ray Gigant, get that.

Ventara

Ray Gigant, get that.

I'm actually looking through my backlog of Vita DRPGs, and I have a few. Not sure if you've played them all, but I know you're a fan of them, so let me ask anyways. How would you rank Ray Gigant among these games?

Demon Gaze
Dungeon Travelers 2
Operation Abyss
Stranger of the Sword City

Shizuka

I'm actually looking through my backlog of Vita DRPGs, and I have a few. Not sure if you've played them all, but I know you're a fan of them, so let me ask anyways. How would you rank Ray Gigant among these games?

Demon Gaze
Dungeon Travelers 2
Operation Abyss
Stranger of the Sword City

I'd rate them as the easiest to the most difficult. Ray Gigant, Demon Gaze, Operation Abyss, Dungeon Travelers 2, Stranger of Sword City. They each offer something unique, specially Ray Gigant and Dungeon Travelers 2.

Ventara

Hmm, alright. in that case, I think I can hold off on Ray Gigant for now. I really should finish at least one DRPG at some point.

RK128

Hello everyone :).

This week I hope to re-visit my Mega Man & Ratchet Retrospectives but on my own site, I plan on releasing three new Retrospective series.

https://twitter.com/RK1283/status/750181137918619648

Rayman, Klonoa, and Sly Cooper are up next and will start with Rayman, Klonoa Door to Phantomile and Sly 1.

Love these series and while Gaf hates platformers, I hope you all consider giving my site a visit for these Retrospectives in the future :D.

Edit: I also have plans for Retrospective series on the Persona Franchise, God of War, Kirby and Super Mario in the future too :).

Ventara

Cross-posting this from the Mid year sale thread:

Just wanted to post you SHOULD NOT buy Sketchcross. The menu and interface is fine. Nothing great but it works. The puzzles are where it goes wrong. One of my pet peeves with nonograms are ones where there is more than one solution, and this game has multiples of them, and it only accepts one of the correct answers. It's as if they just drew a picture on a grid, wrote in the numbers and called it a day, which I think is actually what they did. That's NOT how you make a proper nonogram. There's also the small issue of how you have to fill in squares one by one, with no way to simply hold the button down to continuously fill.

Anyways, if I could refund this game, I would. Don't make the same mistake I did, $3 wasted that I could've spent on a better game.

Ephidel

Of all the DRPGS Ray Gigant might be the lowest budget.
No way, Ray Gigant had external funding and the music alone must have cost them.
Add in the fact it shakes up Experience's usual formula and I really doubt it.

(spoilers for repetitive moaning, not actual spoilers)
... the English translation/editing was probably pretty low budget though. Or I hope it was, because if they paid much for that mess they got scammed ¬_¬

I'd guess the Abyss/Babel/Cross Blood lot was probably pretty low budget. Even if they shelled out for new art they were still a set of asset sharing re-releases.

Benedict

Some great offers on week two in the mid-year sale.

God of War III remastered PS4 $7.99
Borderlands Handsome Collection $14.99
Talos Principle $12.75
Roundabout $2.99
And more

I still have GoW3 unplayed for PS3 at home. Are there big improvements ?

If I'm not great at DRPGs and I just want to have fun should I play Dungeon Travelers 2, Ray Gigant or Demon Gaze?

Which isn't going to require me to look up guides to build my character so they don't get wrecked?

If I'm not great at DRPGs and I just want to have fun should I play Dungeon Travelers 2, Ray Gigant or Demon Gaze?

Which isn't going to require me to look up guides to build my character so they don't get wrecked?

Either Demon Gaze or Ray Gigant would be a good place to start off. I really would not suggest Dungeon Travelers for beginners at all, same for Stranger of Sword City.

Saphirax

RG won't have you looking up anything but it's really easy.
DG is perfect for beginners - has just enough challenge.
Would not recommend DT2, it's one of the harder drpgs, but also the longest by far.

Billfisto

Holy crap, Energy Hook is downright terrible. As someone who played Spider-Man 2 to death and had weird swinging dreams for months after as a result, I cannot believe it took someone four years to make this mess.

1) It controls like fiddly butt. There's no sense of fluidity to the swinging, the camera is way too touchy, you can't reasonably predict where the energy is going to latch on, and missing spider's wall-crawling ability just means you plummet from any height you can get.

2) It looks like "my first unity game" butt. It looks like it was made for mobile phones four years ago, with absolutely no artistic merit. Promotional materials ahead of time said each level was designed by a different artist, but there's basically no artistry on display here.

3) The levels aren't even conducive to gameplay. Someone just piled a bunch of rectangles on a flat plane and called it a day.

Super depressed. It's fitting that the game's tile in the PS4 dashboard is "EH".

XBP

I was wondering if its possible for two people to use the same account on two different PS4s and play different games at the same time?

e.g. PS4 1 = Playing fifa using PSN account XYZ
PS4 2 = Playing God of war using PSN account XYZ

Is something like this possible? The reason being my brother plays fifa 16 on the PS4 that I currently have and he's really involved in the Ultimate team season so creating a new account and starting from scartch would be a lot of work. I was thinking of getting a second PS4 because he hogs my current PS4 all day and I'd rather play my games on the new system. I just dont want to create a new account and buy everything I have on my main account again.

Would appreciate any help.

incpdo

LUMO is finally up in the PSN store (USA)
its 19.99
im just letting you know for the ones that were expecting the game

VLiberty

Wait a second guys, I'm pretty sure PSN never gave you the option to see your friends' wishlists. Now it does

does this mean that gifting is coming to PSN?
not a chance right?

Wait a second guys, I'm pretty sure PSN never gave you the option to see your friends' wishlists. Now it does

not a chance right?
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

maouvin

not a chance right?

It's been there for a while actually (it came shortly after the wishlisting, if not at the same time, at least on US). Still waiting on gifting.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
A bunch of little updates:

jobs, other infos and trailer for mary skelter
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/mary-skelter-details-job-system-job-trailer

Demon gaze 2 removed the rent system
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/demon-gaze-ii-removes-rent-system

Idols death game tv gameplay infos
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/idol-death-game-tv-death-game-set-desolate-mansion

danganronpa 3 anime trailer
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/danganronpa-3-anime-preview-trailer

akiba's beat main character trailer
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/akibas-beat-asahi-tachibana-character-trailer

last but least(lol) uppers got 33/40 on famitsu

ZTD sold a little more than 5k on vita and 3k on 3ds in Japan :(

This doesn't sell, but your next LN based/moe shlock game does. Japan man, I love you guys and all but get your tastes checked! Pretty sure the game did more than well enough on our side though.

deadfolk

This doesn't sell, but your next LN based/moe shlock game does. Japan man, I love you guys and all but get your tastes checked! Pretty sure the game did more than well enough on our side though.

Yeah - it was the same deal with the first two games. This is why ZTD was uncertain for a long time.

Zhao_Yun

It could be that PQube is publishing it, but PQube also handles the distribution of Marvelous Europe's games (check Senran Kagura EV on Amazon UK), I'm more inclined to say that Marvelous Europe is localizing the game since it's a Marvelous game rather than PQube.

Could be true as well. In any case, it seems like the game is coming to the West :p

It could be that PQube is publishing it, but PQube also handles the distribution of Marvelous Europe's games (check Senran Kagura EV on Amazon UK), I'm more inclined to say that Marvelous Europe is localizing the game since it's a Marvelous game rather than PQube.

Yep, I'd be more inclined to believe it was Marvelous Europe with PQube distributing too.

Also, for anyone who wants a (working) link:

(never mind, banned site, if you go on ShopTo and click on the Vita section)

Go to "Top pre-orders" - Valkyrie Drive is listed there.

The listing has been taken down. Someone went too fast.

I know, what I'm saying is they didn't take the link down on the PS Vita store page to access it, so it still says Valkyrie Drive there :p

EMw4iKb.jpg

That was what I meant :p

Anyway, kinda hope it is a Marvelous Europe effort, because they've been quiet for a while and it leave PQube to go after other stuff.

Not too fussed on this myself. Heard it was pretty much inferior to Senran Kagura which I'm already not particularly bothered about. Uppers, though, I'd be happy with ;)

Top Bottom