• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC analytics program used by Clinton campaign hacked by Russians - NYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Got this on my nytimes app:

Breaking news

WASHINGTON — Email accounts connected to the campaign of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, were hacked in an attack that appears to have come from Russia’s intelligence services, a federal law enforcement official said on Friday.

Edit:

Correction, emails not server

Update:

http://nyti.ms/2ao6jHN

ExVicis

Trump says he wishes the Russians would do it. Then the Russians do it. I'm not saying they did it because he said it but...there's something going on.

Tugatrix

sZmm7if.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1253823&highlight=putin

itll be interesting how republican voters will respond to this. they have been told for decades that the russians are the communist devils. now the devils are intervening into the presidential race to benefit trump. trump isnt disclosing his tax declaration (supposedly because he has certain ties) and trumps most trusted advisors have some ties with russian oligarchs. on top of that trump endorses russia to attack americans.

my guess: as long as it suits the republican cause anyone is a friend.

Ozigizo

Wow. Trump called for it and there it is.

Jesus Christ, how does this guy's campaign survive all this shit? It's like a cockroach.

TopDreg

I wonder if the Clinton campaign may have made it easier for Russia to hack their server, to gain a powerful talking point.

btown

itll be interesting how republican voters will respond to this. they have been told for decades that the russians are the communist devils. now the devils are intervening into the presidential race to benefit trump. trump isnt disclosing his tax declaration (supposedly because he has certain ties) and trumps most trusted advisors have some ties with russian oligarchs. on top of that trump endorses russia to attack americans.

"Trump is such a strong leader, those Ruskies will do anything he says!"

While not realizing that it's the other way around.

Nowy

If I was in the Clinton camp I would've told our IT people to set a trap and see it the Russians spring it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i cant wait for a voicemail of hillary clinton saying how much she loves bernie getting overlooked

Dirca

Highly unlikely any of this will be pinned on Trump. Dems will be outraged and Trump's numbers will rise. I'm sure there will be a new scandal the next week everyone can get outraged over and forget about this one.

MartyStu

The feds need to step in. A foreign power is actively intervening in the American Democratic process.

At the very least, shore up the DNC sercers and security standards.

jacobs34

The recent stories are not doing a good job of pinning the hacks on Russian parties. I would like to see more evidence that we are actually dealing with Russia on this matter.

Protein

Banned

If Trump had a five-star dinner with Kim Jong-un, Republicans wouldn't give a shit. I'm beginning to think they aren't even in it for policy, they're like obnoxious sports fans.

Ovid

WASHINGTON — Computer systems connected to the campaign of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, were hacked in an attack that appears to have come from Russia’s intelligence services, a federal law enforcement official said on Friday.

The F.B.I. said that it was examining reports of “cyberintrusions involving multiple political entities” but did not identify the targets of the attacks. That statement came on the same day that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the House Democrats’ fund-raising arm, said its computer systems had been hacked.

The reports of attacks against Democratic Party organizations began in June, when the Democratic National Committee said its computer systems had been breached. That hack led to the release of some 20,000 emails by WikiLeaks, many of them embarrassing to Democratic officials, and the resignation of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Florida congresswoman who led the group.

The attacks on the Clinton campaign and the Democratic congressional committee were first reported by Reuters.

In a statement released late Friday, the F.B.I. said that it “is aware of media reporting on cyberintrusions involving multiple political entities, and is working to determine the accuracy, nature and scope of these matters.”

“The cyberthreat environment continues to evolve as cyberactors target all sectors and their data,” it continued. “The F.B.I. takes seriously any allegations of intrusions, and we will continue to hold accountable those who pose a threat in cyberspace.”

It is unclear whether the reported breaches at the D.N.C., the Clinton campaign and the Democratic congressional committee were part of a single, coordinated attack or a series of attacks aimed at the Democrats, said the law enforcement official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

“We’re trying to figure all that out,” the official said. With the presidential campaign entering its final stage, the official said, “this seems to be the environment that we’re in right now, and we want to determine what’s going on.”
nytimes.com

I wonder what'd happen if Trump really was disqualified. could a more moderate republican beat hilary? well, I guess anything is better than trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom