• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC analytics program used by Clinton campaign hacked by Russians - NYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

You do realize that if someone in Trumps camp is responsible that means they are actively working with Russia to influence an election i.e treason.

nobody in trump's camp is responsible and that would not be treason (treason is explicitly defined in the US constitution). The Trump russia relationship is more like a superpac where it would be beneficial for them if he wins so they support him independently. He is not a Russian agent. Likely he is too stupid to realize he is playing the role of a useful idiot for Putin

It would be politically damaging, probably lethal, if Russia hacked Clinton in response to his comments the other day. Watergate brought down a sitting President

Henkka

Banned
The fact that Russia wants to sabotage Hillary, not Trump, should probably give pause to republicans

But it won't.

AYF 001

Hey guys? Weren't Drumpf supporters adamant that no one undergoing investigation by the FBI should be allowed to un for President? I wonder how they would react to that type of development?

Eh, probably "crooked shillary attack dogs, system rigged, etc."

TheFatOne

nobody in trump's camp is responsible and that would not be treason (treason is explicitly defined in the US constitution). The Trump russia relationship is more like a superpac where it would be beneficial for them if he wins so they support him independently. He is not a Russian agent

It would be politically damaging, probably lethal, if Russia hacked Clinton in response to his comments the other day. Watergate brought down a sitting President

Got to brush up on my definitions, but I was thinking that if someone like Manafort was caught directly aiding the Russian government in trying to influence the election that act would be considered treason. Or am I wrong on that one? I'm with you I just think Russia is just taking advantage of the situation. What if it's the case that someone like Manafort is involved with this though?

Edit: What's the timeline on this hack. It seems like it was around the same time as the other DNC one. Just not sure on that.

Xe4

Banned
nobody in trump's camp is responsible and that would not be treason (treason is explicitly defined in the US constitution). The Trump russia relationship is more like a superpac where it would be beneficial for them if he wins so they support him independently. He is not a Russian agent. Likely he is too stupid to realize he is playing the role of a useful idiot for Putin

Article 3 Section 3 said:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

I'm not saying they did commit treason. I fact they probably did not. But if those in the Trump campaign did fund the attack (and I'm strongly suggesting they did NOT), that could be considered treason.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey guys? Weren't Drumpf supporters adamant that no one undergoing investigation by the FBI should be allowed to un for President? I wonder how they would react to that type of development?

Eh, probably "crooked shillary attack dogs, system rigged, etc."

I don't think it's ever worth giving up reasoned criticism of the countless issues Trump has on literally every relevant front, but as to his supporters just for your own sanity you just have to remind yourself that they're probably the most inexcusably stupid and hateful group of people on earth today. So that's what you're working with.

CokWw2tWgAAuOVX.jpg:large

If true, phew.

jerd

"Part of the DNC hack" meaning the one from last week right? So probably not related to Trump's "I hope they hack her" but if it were oh boy...

AYF 001

I don't think it's ever worth giving up reasoned criticism of the countless issues Trump has on literally every relevant front, but as to his supporters just for your own sanity you just have to remind yourself that they're probably the most inexcusably stupid and hateful group of people on earth today. So that's what you're working with.
Oh me and my friends have had some conversations with trump supporters recently, so I know what they're like. Know thy enemy and such. Alas, I can't help but watch them squirm with their reasoning and derive what little enjoyment I can from it.

Africanus

The timing means it's a non story.

A pity, but I suppose my wildest imaginations lead to a scenario where Trump pulls a Eugene V Debs and runs for office from inside a prison.

Blueliner

Banned
Oh DNC/Hillary, you. Come on, how could it be this easy. Whats the password, бабушка?

fdXN7gM.jpg

Xe4

Banned
And yes, the timing means it was likely before Trump's comments, I think. So not much, even though it never was. I always figured that he meant hack into Hillary's SOS emails, as in hack into the FBI. If the could be connected to Trump in a tangable way that would be undoubtedly Treson. But the is not what happened in any sense of the word at all.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It doesn't make sense to me that Putin would be inspired by Trump to hack Clinton's campaign when he was already elbow deep into the DNC emails and apparently also the Clinton emails before the comments were even made by Trump.

I also thought Trump was talking about the emails deleted from the clintonemail.com server sitting in an evidence room at the Hoover building.

MIMIC

Banned
"Part of the DNC hack" meaning the one from last week right? So probably not related to Trump's "I hope they hack her" but if it were oh boy...

If Russia could just hack us on command, we as a country are thoroughly fucked.

Geist-

The fact that Russia wants to sabotage Hillary, not Trump, should probably give pause to republicans

But it won't.
Isn't it funny that the party most likely to throw hate and prejudice at countries like Russia are the ones political leaders in Russia want most to win?

I find it hilarious in a very sad way. X'D

My father: "What a lousy spy novel. They could at least pretend to hack the Republicans, too. This is too obvious."

The DNC analytic stuff is actually freaking amazing and helps them a ton with targeted advertising and GOTV efforts. Good thing Trump has sworn it all off as nonsense!
Next they'll be saying most of the The_Donald are Russian trolls. Damn those media elites and the shills at the FBI.
I'm assuming you're being sarcastic, but this was actually demonstrated yesterday, lol

Blueliner

Banned
At this point Russia is just messing with the USA. Creating FUD to disrupt the election, highlighting the country division, fan the flames and watch the fight from afar. Not necessarily working with Trump, just using that idea to stir shit up. And it will work. It is already working.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...0&spJobID=962375940&spReportId=OTYyMzc1OTQwS0

They probably figure it benefits the American people more than anything, by giving them complete transparency into the voting system that's set in place that the American people believe in.

JABEE

It's so morbidly hilarious that the Republicans have gone from "Red or dead" to supporting a Putin Puppet in the span of two and a half decades. They have no values except for their hatred towards people who look or think different to them.

Do Republicans support Putin? I thought that was a Trump thing. Poser despot asshole envies another despot asshole.

Also, it's strange to see Democrats use Red Scare tactics to say Trump is seriously supporting Russian Espionage. or committing treason.

It will be interesting if the Federal Government would actually go after Trump. That would start a shit-storm with Obama still in office. The FBI not recommending prosecution for Clinton, while going after her dangerous, radical opponent over claims of Russian Sympathies.

What is this the 1950s? I think Trump may be making brutish statements to goad the Democrats/government into going down that path.

So to average dumbass american, this Russian hack story has a risk of merging with the private server story which finally went away. They will think oh this is all because she kept her homebrew server!

TyrantII

But it won't.

There's plenty of Republicans that are in the GOP because of national security issues, and then there's the Neocons. I don't see how this isn't going to make them pause cold in their tracks.

This is kinda a bug fucking deal in national security circles. Joe the plumber wont care, but you can bet your ass there's plenty in the establishment that do.

Mully

Do Republicans support Putin? I thought that was a Trump thing. Poser despot asshole likes envies another despot asshole.

Also, it's also strange to see Democrats use Red Scare tactics to say Trump is seriously supporting Russian Espionage. or committing treason.

It will be interesting if the Federal Government would actually go after Trump. That would start a shit-storm with Obama still in office. The FBI not prosecuting Clinton, while going after her dangerous, radical opponent over claims of Russian Sympathies.

What is this the 1950s? I think Trump may be making brutish statements to goad the Democrats/government into going down that path.

A number of Trump supporters are likely part of the conspiracy theory community which has been heavily influenced by Russian media since the Invasion of Iraq.

There's plenty of Republicans that are in the GOP because of national security issues, and then there's the Neocons. I don't see how this isn't going to make them pause cold in their tracks.

This is kinda a bug fucking deal in national security circles. Joe the plumber wont care, but you can bet your ass there's plenty in the establishment that do.
But once you've sold your soul to the devil like Paul Ryan has, is it really that big deal? There should have been a cacophony of denouncements. Instead we saw limp dick caution and russia is bad talk.

Corto

They probably figure it benefits the American people more than anything, by giving them complete transparency into the voting system that's set in place that the American people believe in.

No. Don't think so. No. Russian politics or its secret services don't care about the transparency of the electoral system in the USA. And they certainly don't care about the American people. At least for charitable reasons. For that, first they would have to be an example of transparency themselves and not a corrupt oligarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom