• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Well, looks like I have cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted earlier this year or late last year that I had a stomach cancer scare, which turned out to be nothing.

Well, for the last four-8 months I've pretty much barely been able to eat anything, vomiting pretty much incessantly.

Long story short, I got Eiffel towered by technology today(endoscopy and colonoscopy) and they found that my esophagus was partially eroded, and I had a huge ginormous fucking polyp in my colon which looked horrible and basically cancerous.

Waiting on the biopsy, but the doctor basically said I would have to go through chemo and I basically have cancer. They are shocked because the way my bowels looked is pretty much what they would expect for someone 50-70 years of age instead of 26.

This isn't a surprise really, my RA doctor last year said my SRA was getting worse that I only had 5 years left(now 4 since I am 26) to live.

You know I'm not mad at my genes, or my family.

But boy am I pissed with God or whatever being decided to give me consciousness and make my life so goddamn shitty, and my parents lives.

Life is cruel, it is barely a reward and in my experience it feels more like a curse.

Some part of me can't wait to die, just so it is all over.

I've been so miserable and unhappy most of my fucked up life, I think I am ready to take a long permanent nap.

So I just want to say if I don't make it, try to remember me GAF because I doubt anyone else will or will even care. I'm gonna try and get my science fiction novel done and hopefully published.

My only request is that if you see my book, please buy it. Not for me, but for my family, odds are I won't be around to see the success or failure of my book.

Lastly, I want to thank Evilore and the Neogaf community. It's been wonderful.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Goddamn...dude. I don't know what to say, except fuck cancer and hopefully things turn out okay. :(

inner-G

Banned
Damn man, I can't imagine getting that news :(

Someone has to beat the statistics - you're young, you should fight with all you have to persevere and come out on the other side.

Vire

I don't even know how to respond to this because it is incredibly tragic and I wish there were words that I could give to comfort you, please know at the very least GAF is here for you.

Stay strong.

Ultryx

I don't really have anything else to say other than fuck cancer. I'll send my best positivity your way.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I cannot fathom the terror and pain of what you are going through. I only can, through my mom's cancer. Life is a bitch, but we are all here, and we are here for you.

You can fight this. And you can beat this. You are very young. You can't give up.

Oh man, that's terrible. I really hope you'll be able to pull through. What's the name of your book? If you do end up publishing it I'll buy it.

That's a tough hand you've been dealt. But on the plus side you should really finish your book! Make a thread about your progress. I'll read it!

Edit: Also where do you live? Maybe we can schedule a GAF meetup to cheer you up.

Hi. I'm some internet nobody but I want you to know that we'll remember you because you'll tell us about how your recovery process goes. It's tough and it's ugly right now, but knowing you have a problem means knowing about a solution.

So keep us filled in on how your recovery is going. You'll get through it.

It's a deep dark pit of despair right now, but things will get better. It's a useless thing to say right now, but I'll say it anyway, stay positive.

Recover and be well in utter spite of the cards you were dealt, just to show the universe you're better than what it throws you.

Betty

Banned
I'm really sorry to hear that and hope somehow that something can be done, that's a shitty hand to be dealt.

Breads

Banned
Aw man that's awful. You got a raw deal. Intelligent design my ass. Sorry to hear what you're going through.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Sorry to hear ;(

We GAFfers are a family (I think so), if it affects one us, it affects us all
Hope you get treatment and fucking beat Cancer

Keep posting!

Syder

Holy shit, dude. My sympathies. Sounds like you're in a really bad place both physically and mentally right now but you clearly have passions in life, like the book you mentioned. It might not seem like you'll get there or that living is worth it but it is and you can beat this. Set yourself small goals and don't give up.

Fuck cancer man :(

I'm not gonna bullshit you by saying everything's just gonna work out fine in the end, but I promise you that I will buy your book once it's released.

User1608

Banned
I'm so sorry about what is happening to you. You are in my thoughts and heart. I will be thinking of you, a fellow human being.

I will buy your book too.

Averon

Goddamn. I cannot imagine what you are going through. To be 26 and getting news you have only 5 years to live must be devastating.

I'm so fucking sorry, man. Cancer is one of the toughest things you can deal with and I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. I'm hoping by some miracle you can be helped, and know that there are people who genuinely care about you enough to want that to happen. Try your best to fight this thing, and enjoy everyday as much as you can in the process. You have my prayers and my thoughts through this situation.

T-Rex.

Banned
Shit man, I'm really sorry to read that. Do you have a title for your book? I'll keep an eye out for it.

badb0y

26!? Same age as me. That's crazy you are way too young to be dealing with this shit. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ahasverus

I'm so sorry pal, be strong and try to get the most of these days, miracles do happen. All the best wishes for you.

Sorry to hear OP but hope you can stay positive and beat this.

Definitely gonna keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong and know that we're all here to help and listen.

Keep fighting. You're stronger than you know. Promise me you'll keep fighting and I will buy every copy of your book that Barnes & Noble has when it comes out.

Im so sorry man, my thoughts are with you. Please keep doing the things you love and try to enjoy the life you have. I battle depression everyday so I know its tough to do, so I can't imagine getting the news you got and being happy. Just try to accomplish everything you want to do with the time you have and please... please KICK CANCERS ASS!

mortal

Gold Member
That's horrible, and I'm sorry it happened to you.

Life is fucking strange. I hope you stay as strong as possible to the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom