• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2016

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

• Just Sing (PS4)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3, Vita)
  • The Tomorrow Children (PS4)
  • Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet (PS4, Vita)
  • Bioshock: The Collection (PS4)
  • Dead Rising/2 (PS4)
  • MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (Vita)
  • NHL 17 (PS4)
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (PS4)
  • PES 2017 (PS4)
  • Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Vita)
  • Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (Vita)
  • ******** ***** 2 (Vita)
  • NBA 2K17 (PS4, PS3)
  • Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Darkest Dungeon (PS4, Vita)
  • FIFA 17 (PS4, PS3)
  • XCOM 2 (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Lords of the Fallen, PS4
  • Journey, PS4, PS3
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, PS3
  • Datura, PS3
  • Badland, PS Vita, PS4, PS3
  • Amnesia: Memories, PS Vita

WQhwkXV.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP

Chuy

I didn't think we were in September already. Month flew by fast.
Think I'll only pick up Cold Steel 2 this month and try to prepare my wallet for the oncoming slaughter ahead.

Some OP info if you care to add/change it;
  • Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet (PS4, Vita) < Isn't coming to Vita, that's Touhou Genso Wanderer you're thinking of and it's coming next year.
  • Shantae: Half Genie Hero hits Vita on the 27th in North America
  • Hue (Vita), Lichtspeer (Vita, PS4), and Space Overlords (Vita, PS3, PS4) have all been given "September" release dates for Vita, if that's worth adding.

Also, happy new thread day!

Man, The Tomorrow Children comes out next week? Sony seemed big on this one early on but now it feels like it is rolling out to little fanfare. Is that just me?

Where did you go, August?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Do I lose access to all PS+ games I already downloaded if my PS+ expired?

Kudo

Are you 100% sure? I kind of remember that you keep the games but you can only play them once you reactivate your PS+ again.

Nothing for me this month, will probably buy NHL for dad and continue playing games on my backlog myself, currently going through Doom and it's great.

N° 2048

Are you 100% sure? I kind of remember that you keep the games but you can only play them once you reactivate your PS+ again.

Nothing for me this month, will probably buy NHL for dad and continue playing games on my backlog myself, currently going through Doom and it's great.

He didn't say it gets deleted. He said you lose access.

They stay on your PS4 menu with a lock next to it.

maouvin

Yup, that's how it works. Benedict probably took "lose access" as "being unable to run them" instead of "never being able to run them ever again". That's how I read that too :p

Kudo

I read the "lose access" as permanently, oh well, he probably didn't mean that.
Should be clear now at least.

Benedict

I read the "lose access" as permanently, oh well, he probably didn't mean that.
Should be clear now at least.

Yes, hopefully...

You lose access to your games, BUT get access to them again if you resubscribe. Not sure if there is any time-limit though.

And you keep all the games you've bought with a PS+ discount. But you might lose access to DLC if you have gotten the game as a "free" PS+ game but bought the DLC.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
He didn't say it gets deleted. He said you lose access.

They stay on your PS4 menu with a lock next to it.

This is exactly what I meant. Sorry for any mispell.

yaffi

VGP has free shipping till some time in October. I might get a Vita geme or 2; or not since everything I play at the moment is FF14 anyway.

Ventara

Cold Steel 2 and Tokyo Twilight 2 for me. Really hoping LRG picks up Darkest Dungeon.

Still undecided on MeiQ, Psycho-Pass, Valkyrie Drive and Criminal Girls 2 (yes, it IS okay to mention the name). Will probably just get them down the line when they're cheaper.

Think The Tomorrow Children may be it for me.

Might download Lords of the Fallen and play it again. I bought it at launch and it was a very enjoyable Dark Souls clone.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS3, Vita)
Bioshock: The Collection (PS4)
PES 2017 (PS4)
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Vita)
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (Vita)
******** ***** 2 (Vita)
Darkest Dungeon (PS4, Vita)
XCOM 2 (PS4)

This is just Playstation stuff for me. 3DS + PS4 + PSV + forza horizon 3 makes september rekt

VLiberty

That 3ds direct made me sad... With very little effort, Sony could've supported Vita so much better.

I still like Vita library much more than the 3DS one, but man it's a year and a half since the last Sony game hit the market.

edit: Of course it made me happy as well as I'm getting almost everything showed there except the rpgs. Hopefully Pikmin 2d is a decent Lemming styled game.

autoduelist

Anyone have a definitive[ish] list of indies coming to Vita?

My highest wants [that I know of] are Salt & Sanctuary and Darkest Dungeons... anyone know offhand of others I should be keeping an eye on?

RK128

Hello everyone and happy September!

I feel bad I didn't post here yesterday but was at college all day (was a nice day & enjoyed my new courses :D).

This month is going to be great for the Vita as I'm excited about a lot of the releases this month. Shame to hear that PQube might be pushing some Vita games back a month or so but if it give them more time for further localization polish and getting retail copies ready, that would be understandable.

Nothing for me. Time for some good sales. Pls.

Delayed by ~6 weeks on all platforms.

And from the wording of the delay "we are going to have to adjust our Target Release Date, moving it back from our 9/27 Target Release date by about 6 weeks, give or take." it means it is delayed 6 weeks from 9/27, meaning early to mid November before Shantae comes out :(

Chuy

Decided to play killzone mercenaries again since I haven't touched it in ages and tried the online play and couple of things stood out to me while playing it :
1. I didn't think I would be this terrible at it.
2. It still looks fairly impressive
3. There's still people that play it online.

Tapejara

I never got one of those, so I'm sorry to say I cannot answer your question :(. It should be work well, considering they are 7 bucks on amazon. I would say look for other options first then get that if you cannot find more official cables for a better price :).

Thanks for the input, RK. Official charge cables are ridiculously hard to come by these days, so my only options seem to be third party :(.

Top Bottom