• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinions on COD 4 still having all the bs from back then (last stand, martyrdom, etc)

Randam

do you like it?
did you think, or even wished they should have gotten rid of it?

I really thought the would change it and don't really know what to think about it.

zsynqx

I am glad, I just wanted the same game with better graphics.

Hate all the other changes they have made though, especially in regards to audio.

Azriell

I'd be happier if they used BO2's perk system with CoD 4's maps. Even MW2's perks would he better, but imo CoD was missing something big until they balanced perks so not everyone was wearing Stopping Power (and Martyrdom, to a lesser extent).

I loved it actually , was pretty fun to kill someone that downed you and left you alone

Don't change it, there are other games to play if you don't like it

bones123

I personally don't like it, so I have no interest in playing it, just like I didn't back in its heyday. But to each their own, like the others in the thread are saying, if they made CoD 4 without the things that made it CoD 4, then what would be the point?

NastyBook

I never got close enough most times to die to martyrdom, so I can't really complain. Last Stand? I used that. I am not a rapper.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Do they also make the M16 overpowered as hell? Good.

Man, I loved all the bitching that was going on back in the CharlieOscarDelta.com forums.

Xav

The correct thing is just to leave it alone. I think everyone wants the pure Modern Warfare experience.

Personally, I would make some changes. Worked out great in Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D and Wind Waker HD.

Cake Boss

Banned
They don't break the game for me, its just small annoyances that make you adjust your play style. I would rather have these being the BS of the game, then the actual BS being the crappy gunplay, crappy weapons, shitty maps, and stupid wall running that you find on other COD games.

It's what made CoD 4 what it is, leave it. Same way with Armor Lock and Reach. Everyone hated that shit, but it made Reach, well Reach.

It's going be funny seeing people get their nostalgia goggles knocked off. That shit was legitimate complaints at the time and it's now strange to see people think it's a good thing none of it has been changed to make it more balanced.who honestly misses grenade spam?
Cod has gone through a lot of refinement and this game is most probably gona make a lot of people realise that.

KJRS_1993

Personally I would prefer they were taken out alongside Juggernaut / Stopping Power, but I understand 100% why they're being left in. It just wouldn't be the same game without them.

You're a sucker if you get caught out by martyrdom.

I wouldn't change anything about CoD4's multiplayer to be honest. It felt pretty balanced to me.

pizzacat

Banned
The only reason I'm hearing is "I like to hear people complain XD" and "it ain't cod4 without bs haha"

In reality, it's a remaster, nothing is being added or taken away

amar212

I had no problem with it then and I have no problem with it now.

This. It was pretty much a concept close to class-builds in Destiny and supers. It added a decent amount of "gambling" in the outcome of the battle.

What I actually need an answer is will MWR have Team Tactical mode as it was in original (3vs3 with all modes and maps in rotation, sans FFA).

lebowski4ever

Neo Member
do you like it?
did you think, or even wished they should have gotten rid of it?

I really thought the would change it and don't really know what to think about it.

erm no. it's a remaster...so shit should stay the same. does not need updating to some new fangled bullshit they have come up with..

Swarna

yes, this. however, if they are keeping cod4 as is then it should also release on pc complete with dedicated servers and mod support so we wouldnt have to deal with that bs like that.

This already exists. Still going strong in terms of player base, too.

Brannon

So my super strategy of Martyrdom/Danger Close/Hold stun grenade while running at a guy will still work?

...guess I'm buying CoD again after so very long.

Volotaire

I will just do what I did in the PC version of COD 4; mostly visit servers that disable/kick people with those perks.

I love all the stupid shit in that game, so glad they kept it. My favorite was running around with martydom(yes, martydom) and a pulled stun grenade. Watching people try to run away instead of shoot you was hilarious

Edit:
So my super strategy of Martyrdom/Danger Close/Hold stun grenade while running at a guy will still work?

...guess I'm buying CoD again after so very long.

hahaha...I see I wasn't alone

Top Bottom