• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 30th anniversary site opens

Kuraudo

Banned
That video would be nice if it wasn't impossible for my eyes to focus on either the footage or character art.

Hopefully Dissidia Consoles and PC next year, it would be cool to see FF7R Episode 1 releasing next year but I wont get my hopes up.

I look forward to the FFXV PC release in 2021. Just kidding, maybe it will release 4-12 months after the console versions like FF7 and FF8 did on PC.

Wazzy

Banned
Love the VIII stuff even if it was incredibly short. I'm exciting to see what they'll announce for the anniversary.

jiggle

So many years of good memorable female characters

I hope we get a DQ anniversary style celebration
Namely FF musou

Kinda weird to think about how FFXV has been in development hell for so long, yet there is a mainline Final Fantasy game for every two years of the IP's existence. Granted, unless XVI is much less ambitious and releases before the end of this gen, that ratio is obviously not going to last long.

Jesus christ they were pumping these games out rapidfire up until XII.

Mcdohl

The site is very cool.

Hovering over the title of each game you get to see game footage in the bg.

Nostalgia and hype bomb.

Looking at I then XV is mind-blowing.

We've come really far.

Edit: Too bad they used the new FF IV logo tho :( Kain ftw

Kinda weird to think about how FFXV has been in development hell for so long, yet there is a mainline Final Fantasy game for every two years of the IP's existence. Granted, unless XVI is much less ambitious and releases before the end of this gen, that ratio is obviously not going to last long.

Jesus christ they were pumping these games out rapidfire up until XII.

Economic world wide recession hit. Development became harder and more costly as we went into the HD era.

I hope there is another FF before this generation is up... and not a sequel to XV.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles please <3 That is my 30th dream game.

It'd likely have to be on NX since it seems it's a Nintendo FF franchise (for whatever reason). But that'd be an awesome title to be announced for NX's first year. It would make me extremely happy to get another one after so long. However, because it skipped the 3DS/Wii U generation, I don't have much faith that it will return.

ash_ag

Yes, Square... August 27th, 2013 is the release date of Final Fantasy XIV... :p

5ac01PC.png

It'd likely have to be on NX since it seems it's a Nintendo FF franchise (for whatever reason). But that'd be an awesome title to be announced for NX's first year. It would make me extremely happy to get another one after so long. However, because it skipped the 3DS/Wii U generation, I don't have much faith that it will return.

I hate the truth ;___; Let's hope we get FFCC and not another FF explores.....

Remk

No FF Tactics mention? I'm boycotting this thing!

How is it a celebration without the best Final Fantasy playstation game?

Not happening or at least they should till they got a decent cast number.

Still holding out for a November update, they are gonna reveal a new character (IIRC) and give a new announcement, November is when it has its 1 year anniversary since arcade release.

I think with the characters it has now and whatever they can fit during console development, and with constant updates ala StreetFighter 5/Overwatch, it can make for a good release now (or not so far of in the future), then again that's just me, obviously not everyone is okay with that.

Im okay with any kind of release, Im just getting desperate wanting to play it lol.

Outside of Dissidia, A true sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics would be great.

It's using the ARR colors though, and also the same blue curved line under the FF name.

Yeah but it's still not the whole arr logo...(also I completely forgot they still used that art in 2.0 since it wasn't on the box art and the title screen changed with heavensward)

Economic world wide recession hit. Development became harder and more costly as we went into the HD era.

I hope there is another FF before this generation is up... and not a sequel to XV.

Agreed, I hope they can get in one more mainline FF before the gen is over.

Asd202

So FFXIV 4.0, FFXV expansion, Dissidia, FF7re episode 1, and
[insert weird ass title] FF ios/android
next year?

About VII R the best we're going to get is a demo with some other game. I'll be really surprised if it makes it next year.

BasilZero

I wonder when they release FF1 and FF2 on PC - if it will be next year or maybe a stealth release later this year lol.

Would be awesome if they make a upgraded "Anniversary" edition.

Guessing that 3DS remake of I that the rest of the world didn't get as a pre-order bonus when Explorers launched will be released on PC, PS4 and mobile.

Top Bottom