• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the worst video game controller of all time?

oni-link

I mean, surely it's this

Right?

tumblr_o4rx37Oqg61uiyx6ko1_540.jpg

WEoLv7X.jpg

I literally could not play X Box when it came out. I guess 11 year old girls weren't their target demographic but still. I couldn't hold it without my arms getting tired and my fingers aching from having to stretch across the face of the controller.

Xilo

In my opinion, the worst controller that was an official controller is the PS2 controller. I never liked it. I preferred the Xbox S controller for that generation. I think the Dualshock 4 is decent, but it still pales in comparison to other controllers.

first party wise, Jaguar or the MK1 western saturn pad with the awful l/r buttons (not to be confused with the mk2 which is the best controller ever)

Intellivision controllers were pretty useless. It was still back in the days before game pads, but still, the design is just stupid. The gold disc was difficult to move and every game used different buttons (using an overlay).

200px-Intellivision-Controller.jpg

Fraeon

Technically not a gaming controller but this...

openoffice-mouse.jpg

...is a source of great envy for the fellow lan party goer. Can you imagine playing DOTA with this?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
WEoLv7X.jpg

I literally could not play X Box when it came out. I guess 11 year old girls weren't their target demographic but still. I couldn't hold it without my arms getting tired and my fingers aching from having to stretch across the face of the controller.

It wasn't designed with your delicate girly hands in mind, obviously.

Edit: oh you were a girl. Ha, that joke kinda falls on its ass at that point!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I love my Playstations, but Sony has never made a good controller ever.

?

I understand having issues with DS1-3 (they're not ergonomic for shit), but they're not that bad. And the DS4? Amazing controller, feels so good to hold and use. The big issue with it is build quality, of course.

EDIT:

Yup, shit controllers aside, worst official controller is easily DS3. Those triggers were hot fucking garbage.

Yeah, this is true. Those triggers. And mushy D-pad (the one on the DS4 is such a massive improvement). But I still don't think the DS3 is even close to the worst official controller ever.

stuminus3

This piece of junk is the worst controller I personally ever used. The UK gaming press swore by it as the controller of choice for Street Fighter II players back in the day but it was absolutely useless.

Y3Jrm9m.png

The "Turbo Touch 360"

WEoLv7X.jpg

Came to post this.., so uncomfortable!

The ouya one works like crap, but it's not a really bad design.

Dylan

We have this thread every few months and it always seems to come down to Intellivision vs Colecovision.

I personally vote Colecovision because I had to endure that shit as a child and I think it gave me permanent nerve damage.

colecovision-controllers.jpg

Top Bottom