• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe: XB1 Best Selling Console Online** Black Friday 2016

RexNovis

Banned
Disclaimer: This info is specifically for the US market

The annual Adobe Black Friday spending report cites Xbox as the 5th most popular electronic device online on Black Friday

The five top selling electronic products on Black Friday were Apple iPads, Samsung 4k TVs, Apple MacBook Air, LG TVs and Microsoft Xbox.

Knowing this it looks likely that XB1 will take Black Friday this year

However
For the entire season so far (Nov. 1 – 24), PlayStation 4 is the best-selling video game console, followed by Microsoft Xbox One.

Looks like the PS4 might still come out on top for the month as a whole prior to the BF weekend.

For those of you wondering about the accuracy and/or methodology of the Adobe report:

Adobe’s Black Friday report is based on aggregated and anonymous data from 22.6 billion visits to retail websites. Adobe measures 80 percent of all online transactions from the top 100 U.S. retailers, more than any other technology company**, and uses its proven predictive model powered by Adobe Sensei to forecast online sales and trends. Seven dollars and fifty cents out of every 10 dollars spent online with the top 500 U.S. retailers go through Adobe Marketing Cloud. The tremendous volume of data puts Adobe in the unique position to deliver highly accurate, census-based online sales totals, pricing and product availability trends.

Edit: worth noting that the Adobe report also had XB1 winning online last year despite the PS4 ending up actually winning BF as a whole as per the quoted post below

This was the report last year from Adobe. Xbox One was ranked ahead of PS4 for the online but PS4 won Balck Friday last year.

Interesting stuff.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151127005410/en/Adobe-Data-Shows-Top-Sellers-Black-Friday

Xbox One for Black Friday, PS4 for the entire month (maybe).

Most popular products of the season: For the entire season so far (Nov. 1 – 24), PlayStation 4 is the best-selling video game console, followed by Microsoft Xbox One. Pokémon Sun and Moon leads in video games, followed by Call of Duty. Samsung 4K TVs lead in televisions, followed by Vizio 4K TVs.

Edit: welp, OP edited while I was posting.

orochi91

Bravo, MS.

They were aggressive here in NA with their BF offerings.

Sony seemed to have kept their best bundles/pricings in Europe for some reason.

outside of the US and especially here in Norway PS4's got ripped off shelves. People buying xbox's must be only the price conscious ones.

There's also the network effect.

In pretty much all of Europe (UK + Ireland are the exception), Xbox sells far, far less. In the Anglosphere, you accept that you'll have some friends on the 'other' console. Elsewhere, everyone plays the same thing, so by choosing something different, you isolate yourself.

That momentum is nearly impossible to overcome.

CRAIG667

I myself bought an S Minecraft bundle on Friday, also came with Forza Horizon 3 for £199.99, bargain!

My day 1 edition is being given to my youngest Son.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
But if you account for the millions who bought an Xbox One illegally, PS4 won Black Friday.

RexNovis

Banned
So looking at online sales PS4 took the month, XB1 BF in the US.

That's what it oooks like so far yes. Albeit it's worth mentioning that the timeline noted in the article declaring PS4 the best selling denotes an end date of the 24th so it doesn't include Black Friday or the following Saturday. So monthly results will depend on how big the gap was between PS4 and XB1 on BF and whether it was big enough to overcome the lead the PS4 built up in the rest of the month which is frankly very possible.

of course ps4 would win in the month, it was the release of Pro!

You should probably read the rest of the OP. The month could honestly go either way at this point. See my above post for further details.

StereoVsn

This doesn't include retail sales though, no? So it's still l not a 100% a given that Xbone will win just more likely (probably very much more likely).

ethomaz

Banned
This doesn't include retail sales though, no? So it's still l not a 100% a given that Xbone will win just more likely (probably very much more likely).
XB1 won last year in Adobe report too... I guess retail makes most of sales in BF.

Dereck

Everyone has a PS4 already.

kwHIbvt.png

Elios83

XB1 won last year in Adobe report too... I guess retail makes most of sales in BF.

Oh well...so we're back to square one.
Waiting for more PRs or NPD.
I think btw that they were both close at BF and PS4 PRO will probably determine the winner for the month and the gap.

Trup1aya

of course ps4 would win in the month, it was the release of Pro!

It'll probably be extremely close. Pro will have provided a boost thanks to pre-order s, but the slim is the more popular ps4 sku, and the xb1s has been more popular than the slim.

This report only tracks online sales, and it's brick and mortar that has driven MS' most recent wins (since amazon hasn't had the popular xb1 bundles in Stock)

Kayant

Sony needs to have some good exclusives for next holiday that DON'T get delayed for once.
Ahh always love these threads. 😁 😁 😁

This was the report last year from Adobe. Xbox One was ranked ahead of PS4 for the online but PS4 won Balck Friday last year.

Interesting stuff.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151127005410/en/Adobe-Data-Shows-Top-Sellers-Black-Friday

PS4 won confirmed.

Maybe

Sony needs to have some good exclusives for next holiday that DON'T get delayed for once.

They lost Horizon which was a bummer for gamers but a silver lining in terms of extra polish and potentially better sales as 3rd party has ruled the holidays for quite a number of years.

I'm curious though if your post is meant as a dig that an exclusive would give PS4 a one day win for BF?
They could still take the entire month of Nov which is surely more substantial.

Yes they do in fact. I'm kinda tired of the wimpy 1st and 2nd party offerings during all of the holidays of the PS4's lifecycle.

What does you being "kinda tired" have to do with sales in this period?

I don't really like it either, but as someone who owns a PS4 they're not trying to sell me a console!

Top Bottom