• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe: XB1 Best Selling Console Online** Black Friday 2016

Yes they do in fact. I'm kinda tired of the wimpy 1st and 2nd party offerings during all of the holidays of the PS4's lifecycle.

Yes if you look at this from a personal aspect you are right its less then ideal. Looking at this from the business side, says that this is a good strategy. Let third parties duke it out and then just release your offerings the rest of the year.

Admodieus

OléGunner;225634344 said:
They lost Horizon which was a bummer for gamers but a silver lining in terms of extra polish and potentially better sales as 3rd party has ruled the holidays for quite a number of years.

I'm curious though if your post is meant as a dig that an exclusive would give PS4 a one day win for BF?
They could still take the entire month of Nov which is surely more substantial.

Third party titles are underperforming across the board this holiday - I think the only one meeting expectations is Battlefield 1.

RocknRola

So PS4 takes the month but the XB1 takes the BF day(s) in particular? How odd. Unless the PS4 Pro really boosted the numbers a lot earlier in the month.

It was all about that Minecraft Bundle. I bought one for my niece and nephew and I am a Playstation guy. Sony failed to deliver a kid friendly bundle where MS delivered.

Third party titles are underperforming across the board this holiday - I think the only one meeting expectations is Battlefield 1.

I know that.
But Horizon releasing in November this year could still have stretched consumer's wallets and battle for mind share even more.
Great word of mouth isn't a guarantee to push a game for bigger sales like TF2.

That problem is less an issue for Horizon in Feb 2017.
Again, I'll say having delayed games sucks overall though.

ethomaz

Banned
That is why holidays is not a ideal date for releases anymore... to many big titles.

TF2 should release in March and I believe Sony is right releasing the big hits in first half of the year: Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 were successful.

That said a middle hit in December is good too like The Last Guardian... Sony can focus in March, June/July and December for first-party.

Yes if you look at this from a personal aspect you are right its less then ideal. Looking at this from the business side, says that this is a good strategy. Let third parties duke it out and then just release your offerings the rest of the year.

Thanks BB, you actually read my post and understood. I posted that "I" was tired of the lack of exclusives during the holidays. Does it have any bearing on sales on the system? Hell no. Joe/Jane gamer off the street doesn't care about 1st party exclusives let alone know what they are.

ethomaz

Banned
If Sony loses Nov would that be the first time a company lost when releasing a new console?
That happened already a lot of times.

PS4 > XB1
PS2 > PS3
PS2 > 360

If you add slim and revision launch the list is so big.

Elios83

Microsoft already did Xbox Black Friday PR

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-touts-strong-sales-xbox-one-black-friday/

There was no percentages , and no talking about being the number one console, if they ahd "won" they'd have touted it.

This is definetly the weird element so far.
Yes we could say that since the PR was issued just a day after BF, datas were probably preliminary and they didn't want to make bold claims without being sure about numbers.
But then why releasing a PR in first place? No one forced them to comment on sales early.
So it's a bit confusing.
That PR is definetly a bad sign if definitive because it would imply a situation similar to what happened in the UK, down yoy and below PS4.
But I think it's better to wait until the end of this week.
Right now there's nothing definitive.

Thanks BB, you actually read my post and understood. I posted that "I" was tired of the lack of exclusives during the holidays. Does it have any bearing on sales on the system? Hell no. Joe/Jane gamer off the street doesn't care about 1st party exclusives let alone know what they are.

Yeah dont worry but still there is some good exclusive stuff to play like World of Final Fantasy and Dragonquest Builders.

jmaine_ph

Wait so the PS4 won the month online from Nov 1st - Nov 24th or Nov 1st - Nov 28th? I'm seeing reports of both.

StereoVsn

Yeah dont worry but still there is some good exclusive stuff to play like World of Final Fantasy and Dragonquest Builders.
Here is another thought (it's really wild though). One doesn't have to get games day 1. So considering sheer numbers of games released through the year, surely there are some exclusives or other games one could pick up day Month 6.

Here is an example. I picked up Hitman, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider and Stellaris for under $80 this BF. They were new games to me. Does the release day matter especially with SP games?

Loudninja

Here is another thought (it's really wild though). One doesn't have to get games day 1. So considering sheer numbers of games released through the year, surely there are some exclusives or other games one could pick up day Month 6.

Here is an example. I picked up Hitman, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider and Stellaris for under $80 this BF. They were new games to me. Does the release day matter especially with SP games?
Thats not the issue here.

Alot of games makes most of it sales the first week or month.

urge26

Purchased an Xbox One S so that I can move my launch bone to my girlfriends house. Lots of really good bundle deals I think put them in a good position. Still have my launch PS4 and no real desire to purchase the pro since I'm waiting on a 4K/HDR set.

Boke1879

Gonna wait for NPD. All these reports IMO are just noise even if they have legit data.

The cutoff for NPD was the 26th. We'll see.

Chris1

Im confused. So PS4 won November but X1 won BF? whats the point winning BF if you dont win november?

PS4 won Nov 1-24 according to them. Black Friday was on the 25th.

It could still go either way depending on how big the gaps were.

Edit: Wait now it's the 28th? Lol

Top Bottom