• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe: XB1 Best Selling Console Online** Black Friday 2016

mjc

Some of you guys take these sales numbers way too seriously/personally ;)

giphy.gif

Unknown?

The in stock date was December 6th yesterday and now it's the 7th.

Also the Uncharted PS4 Slim is now #14 for all of 2016 on Amazon's best seller charts after being in the #1 spot hourly for the past 4 days. That's quite impressive, that and the pro release has my money on Sony winning November. This company said MS won last year , and they didn't.
Holy shit it is #14 for the year!! It even sold more than the Blops3 bundle and that was on sell for 9 months! On Amazon it sold gangbusters! I have a feeling it won BF overall.

pra2veen

Neo Member
If it's even close, that's somewhat bad news for Sony right?

They released a brand new upgraded console. If it doesn't beat the Xbox One that's not great.

I don't think Sony expected the PS4 Pro to be a huge success, it's clearly targeted at enthusiast consumers, people who buy new technology when it's released. There are some benefits to buying a PS4 Pro for 1080p gaming, but really it's target seems to be the 4K consumers, who are less price sensitive(You can get a 45'' 1080p TV for like $200).

I don't think Sony expected the PS4 Pro to be a huge success, it's clearly targeted at enthusiast consumers, people who buy new technology when it's released. There are some benefits to buying a PS4 Pro for 1080p gaming, but really it's target seems to be the 4K consumers, who are less price sensitive(You can get a 45'' 1080p TV for like $200).

That and you could get an S for real cheap. Hard to compete with that, especially when it has "more features" than its competition. If anything, i dont see how the sales wouldnt continue like this for MS until maybe a month or 2 before Scorpio launch.

we could see kind of a come back.

Who knows, maybe not even Black Friday.

Hence no boasting by the usual suspects at Microsoft.
They commented on the following Thursday last year. They could still comment this week. The lack of boasting will be what to look out for in terms of figuring who sold more or less though. I do think MS will have a good holiday either way.

Unknown?

They commented on the following Thursday last year. They could still comment this week. The lack of boasting will be what to look out for in terms of figuring who sold more or less though. I do think MS will have a good holiday either way.
And last year they sold less. 2014 had greenturd boasting on twitter the night of. Remember that pompous pic of a pallet of PS4s next to a smaller, almost gone pallet of Xboxs.

Unknown?

Yo chill bro, you a stockholder of Sony or something?
Lol wat? I'm just pointing out greenturd's embarrassing PR. I honestly think MS would be better off without him. Also since the point of my post went over your head, the fact that he hasn't done anything as cringe worthy as 2014 I'd say they didn't have a blow out and probably didn't sell more than PS4.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
All those 4k tvs and x1 has a 4k drive. Sony goofed - probably will still win the month.

Yes because all of those 1080p sets and over 85M+ PS3 consoles, made blu ray a runaway success...oh wait no they didn't. There's even less 4k sets in the wild, and a pitiful amount of 4k Blu Ray content, but you think this time the drives are going to make difference?

The deals were insane for Xbone's, the PS4 deals were nowhere as good. I bought a 2nd Xbone just cause damn, such deals with free games, controllers, etc.

And really, a cheap 4k blu ray drive is a nice bonus.

mcrommert

Banned
Lol. He isn't lying about the tweets or Greenberg. Guy acts like a twerp and I say that as a One S and possibly Scorpio owner.

Omg a guy who works on a thing and gives his professional life for that thing is excited when it does well. Color me surprised and upset.

Unknown?

Omg a guy who works on a thing and gives his professional life for that thing is excited when it does well. Color me surprised and upset.

Obviously you don't know the difference about being happy about something and bragging in a dickish manner. The guy is honestly the worst in the industry imo. It's just repeated diarrhea coming out of his mouth and I'd say the same about anyone doing the same. If Shuhei started saying the games he approved were the best and pointing out how they sell better than MS I'd shake my head in shame and wouldn't respect him anymore.

watdaeff4

The deals were insane for Xbone's, the PS4 deals were nowhere as good. I bought a 2nd Xbone just cause damn, such deals with free games, controllers, etc.

And really, a cheap 4k blu ray drive is a nice bonus.

I wasn't really looking, but I thought the PS4 slim bundles were better than the XB1 bundles........

Two free games with it....XB1 only had one.

And saw controllers for both discounted, but none for "free"

Vena

Extrapolations and estimates. None of the info coming out the last two days has been any better than directional. Just put a number out there, any number, and people will believe it. I'm with Matt... ugh.

Vena Reports: 5 million 3DS chargers were sold on Black Friday.

Who knows, maybe not even Black Friday.

Hence no boasting by the usual suspects at Microsoft.

He'll come up with some proper boasting soon enough, he always does. It's his job, and I don't even blame him for it, although they sometimes clearly lack some professionalism.

ptuck874

it is me, or that I think it's a little freaky that Adobe knows that much about what people shop for online, I know google does, but why would Adobe need to know so much?

It wasn't wrong, it's data for online sales only.

That doesn't prove it was right, either. I'd consider their data suspect just because I'd consider it unlikely for online sales trends to differ significantly from brick and mortar, and because we could see from Amazon's public sales data that PS4 seemed to handily outsell Xbox there, at least.

trixx

ps4 slim bundles were kinda wack i was expecting somw good stuff since pro released. One had some crazy bundles and prices not to mention some cool colours. Green, red, blue, white. I love colourful consoles

but xbox got no upsoming exclusives im interested in. had to save myself from all the shooters

it is me, or that I think it's a little freaky that Adobe knows that much about what people shop for online, I know google does, but why would Adobe need to know so much?

yeah I feel like I am missing some key piece of info, like adobe owns some credit card processor or something that even lets them get this info. how the fuck do the guys who make flash, the plugin that is being erased from the internet as fast as possible, know or care about any of this?

It would be like mountain dew announcing which video game was played the most over the holidays based on how many cans of a certain flavor were sold or something.

Trup1aya

That doesn't prove it was right, either. I'd consider their data suspect just because I'd consider it unlikely for online sales trends to differ significantly from brick and mortar, and because we could see from Amazon's public sales data that PS4 seemed to handily outsell Xbox there, at least.

Why would you just assume that online sales would mirror brick and mortar sales.

There are so many variables that can an do lead to differentiation.

For example, Amazon failed to predict October's NPD winner (xbox) due to these variables. The most popular xb1 bundles haven't been available on the most popular online retailer.

The level of detail available on one's traffic and shopping patterns online is brain melting.

Hasney

yeah I feel like I am missing some key piece of info, like adobe owns some credit card processor or something that even lets them get this info. how the fuck do the guys who make flash, the plugin that is being erased from the internet as fast as possible, know or care about any of this?

Adobe has an analytics platform that uses a panel of people, so they don't have all the sales data, but they have a decent number of people over varying demographics and they have all their online data, so they make a call based on that. I'm pretty sure I remember Adobe getting into trouble with installing the tracker alongside other products too?

of course ps4 would win in the month, it was the release of Pro!

Depends on how it's spun. You could have both PS4 Pro and PS4 (Regular and Slim) both being outsold by the XB1 if looked at individually, but if you look at it at a software ecosystem level, then Sony stands to take November because of the Pro launch.

Question is, what becomes of December? With all of the bundle deals Microsoft has out there and the Sony bundle deals drying up, I find it difficult to see Sony taking next month...

Depends on how it's spun. You could have both PS4 Pro and PS4 (Regular and Slim) both being outsold by the XB1 if looked at individually, but if you look at it at a software ecosystem level, then Sony stands to take November because of the Pro launch.

Question is, what becomes of December? With all of the bundle deals Microsoft has out there and the Sony bundle deals drying up, I find it difficult to see Sony taking next month...
Well, just like last year, Sony will probably announce a CoD bundle for December. That will give them a boost. On top of that, it seems Sony sold more on Cyber Monday. So, they seem to already have somewhat of an edge going into December.

We'll see though. I think it will be MS who will have to figure out what to do for Dec. Just in terms of outdoing Sony, of course. I think their own personal goals should be within range.

Trup1aya

Sony probably take December of they have a COD bundle.

Elbereth

I haven't owned an Xbox since the first generation. After purchasing a 4K HDR TV, it was a no brainer for me to pick up the XBox 1S as my 4K media player. I would imagine that the PS4 Pro would have sold much more if it would included a 4K player.

I will still purchase the PS4 PRO as I prefer the exclusives. Just thought that the decision to not include a 4K player was really a lost opportunity.

Humdinger

Apologies if posted already. Updated results with Cyber Monday included. Much more revenue than anticipated. PS4 joins the Top 5 along with Xbox One.

When it comes to gaming consoles, Sony’s PlayStation 4 seems to have sold extremely well during Cyber Monday. It joined Microsoft’s Xbox One in the five top-selling electronic products (the others were Samsung 4K TVs, Apple iPads and Amazon Fire).
http://wccftech.com/ps4-takes-crown-season/

onQ123

I haven't owned an Xbox since the first generation. After purchasing a 4K HDR TV, it was a no brainer for me to pick up the XBox 1S as my 4K media player. I would imagine that the PS4 Pro would have sold much more if it would included a 4K player.

I will still purchase the PS4 PRO as I prefer the exclusives. Just thought that the decision to not include a 4K player was really a lost opportunity.

The PS4 Pro is pretty much sold out & they probably would have made less PS4 Pros or sold them at a higher price with a 4K Blu-ray drive so I don't think they would have sold much more with the 4K Blu-ray drive

If someone is buying a Xbox One S over the PS4 Pro for the 4K Blu-ray drive that means that the 4K Blu-ray drive is what was important to them so PS4 Pro having a 4K Blu-ray drive wouldn't change that much about what that person buy because they still can get that 4K Blu-ray drive with the Xbox One S.

Elbereth

The PS4 Pro is pretty much sold out & they probably would have made less PS4 Pros or sold them at a higher price with a 4K Blu-ray drive so I don't think they would have sold much more with the 4K Blu-ray drive

If someone is buying a Xbox One S over the PS4 Pro for the 4K Blu-ray drive that means that the 4K Blu-ray drive is what was important to them so PS4 Pro having a 4K Blu-ray drive wouldn't change that much about what that person buy because they still can get that 4K Blu-ray drive with the Xbox One S.

Hm, I'm inclined to disagree here.

Sony would have been able to double dip with the PS4 Pro. As a gamer who has primarily purchased Sony systems in the past, the expectation that the Playstation brand has been a true, "It Only Does Everything", as the PS2 = Many of our first DVD Player, PS3 = Many of our first Blu Ray Player. With such a rich history, the expectation has been that the PS system has always been a one stop shop for high end media.

The past doesn't necessarily dictate the future, but the brand has established a rich history of providing an all in one solution. Whether this will continue or not remains to be seen. PS will always be my primary system as the 1st party/ 3rd party support is unparalleled imo. Again, the PS4 Pro purchase is a forgone conclusion. However, it's a new day when a PS system isn't my first choice.

Top Bottom