• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adobe: XB1 Best Selling Console Online** Black Friday 2016

Welfare

Looks like Pro is offsetting Black Friday results. If Black Friday as a whole shows a close race then PS4 would win November.

ethomaz

Banned
PS4 won Nov 1-24 according to them. Black Friday was on the 25th.

It could still go either way depending on how big the gaps were.

Edit: Wait now it's the 28th? Lol
Just to be clear this report is only about online sales.

Most sales in BF happens on retail I guess.

Boke1879

well yeah but MS gives you better deal. They should've won.

To me that's always a matter of perception. When both consoles are available for $250 and offering a couple of games it's about what people decide to get.

And when both consoles were $212 at target and Amazon Sunday and Monday a "better" deal doesn't exist IMO.

gtj1092

This is interesting from the same report...

CYBER MONDAY 2016 IS LARGEST ONLINE SALES DAY IN HISTORY WITH $3.39 BILLION

http://www.i4u.com/2016/11/118242/cyber-monday-2016-largest-online-sales-day-history-339-billion

At least online Cyber Monday become the biggest day in US.

Yeah I would imagine more consoles were sold online Sunday and Monday than on black Friday. Deals were even better. Those sales won't be counted for November NPD though. Pretty sure Ps4 will be the top seller in both November and December though.

Shock32

I was surprised to see it sold out on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LOP8EZC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The in stock date was December 6th yesterday and now it's the 7th.

Also the Uncharted PS4 Slim is now #14 for all of 2016 on Amazon's best seller charts after being in the #1 spot hourly for the past 4 days. That's quite impressive, that and the pro release has my money on Sony winning November. This company said MS won last year , and they didn't.

cheesekao

The in stock date was December 6th yesterday and now it's the 7th.

Also the Uncharted PS4 Slim is now #14 for all of 2016 on Amazon's best seller charts after being in the #1 spot hourly for the past 4 days. That's quite impressive, that and the pro release has my money on Sony winning November. This company said MS won last year , and they didn't.
They were referring to online sales only.

Elandyll

Banned
From the latest report (11/28, Cyber Monday included), PS4 wins the whole month (and won Cyber Monday it seems).

http://news.adobe.com/sites/adobe.n...ase/additional/112816AdobeCyberMonday2016.pdf

The five best-selling toys in terms of quantity sold on Cyber Monday were Lego sets, Shopkins, Nerf, Barbie and Little Live Pets,
and the five best-selling electronic products were Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox, Samsung 4K TVs, Apple iPads and Amazon
Fire. Mobile continues to drive the majority of visits to retail websites on Cyber Monday at 53 percent (44 percent coming from
smartphones, 9 percent from tablets), while accounting for 35 percent of sales (25 percent smartphones, 10 percent tablets).

Most popular products of the season: For the entire season so far (November 1-28), PlayStation 4 is the best-selling
video game console, Pokémon Sun & Moon leads in video game sales, Samsung 4k TV leads in television sales, and iPad
Air 2 leads in tablet sales.

Again, only for online, and they were wrong last year about BF when taking retail in account, so taking with a pinch of salt.

Acrylic7

So many xbox deals and steals. Not surprised.
Xbox was like a damn fire sale or something. Not only with bundles but with important things like xbox live cards and accessories. They were even offering xboxlive cards for buying PlayStation games at Bestbuy.

Sony just didn't bring the heat. MS was very aggressive and it payed off.

Welfare

From the latest report (11/28, Cyber Monday included), PS4 wins the whole month (and won Cyber Monday it seems).

Again, only for online, and they were wrong last year about BF when taking retail in account, so taking with a pinch of salt.

How can they be wrong when they never said Xbox won Black Friday retail?

Where is InfoScout with their breakdown like the past 3 years?

Interfectum

So many xbox deals and steals. Not surprised.
Xbox was like a damn fire sale or something. Not only with bundles but with important things like xbox live cards and accessories. They were even offering xboxlive cards for buying PlayStation games at Bestbuy.

Sony just didn't bring the heat. MS was very aggressive and it payed off.

Sony won the entire month and cyber monday according to an updated Adobe report.

Elandyll

Banned
How can they be wrong when they never said Xbox won Black Friday retail?

Where is InfoScout with their breakdown like the past 3 years?
Obviously, wrong for people who would use the data to extrapolate overall sales, as many tend to do.
But you know that.

Don't forget one important thing. According to Adobe, PS4 was the best selling console ONLINE for the month (well from Nov 1 - Nov 28).

gtj1092

Don't forget one important thing. According to Adobe, PS4 was the best selling console ONLINE for the month (well from Nov 1 - Nov 28).

Only problem is those record setting cyber Monday sales don't count towards November NPD.

I wonder if Adobe has a list of the retailers they cover.

MS having good, consistent momentum is a very good thing. It shows the team that theyre doing a good job and making the right calls. Its only going to get better from here. Good stuff.

bigace33

Microsoft is not playing around this gen. I'm satified with my Xbox one fat, but was really tempted to jump on one those amazing one S deals on black Friday.

Only problem is those record setting cyber Monday sales don't count towards November NPD.

I wonder if Adobe has a list of the retailers they cover.

Well it's taking into account that the two days before cyber monday PS4 was still the best selling console so that adds 2 more days of PS4 lead from their previous report that only includes data from 1-24 now we have 1-26 (NPD cut off date)

Microsoft is not playing around this gen. I'm satified with my Xbox one fat, but was really tempted to jump on one those amazing one S deals on black Friday.

The fact that theyve even made me like my fat when i hated it for 2 years says a lot. Ive since sold it and got the Gears S but yeah, what a shift in momentum. Didnt expect it at all tbh. I thought theyd let it die and move to scorpio.

dickroach

the XB1 had better deals at dozens of retailers, and it's a sexy looking console.
I bought one; and now that I did I realize there's literally like 6 exclusives I want to play, with zero coming out in the future... but I bought one.

CrayToes

People sure get defensive about the idea of Xbox doing well huh. Would love to see both consoles knock it out of the park this holiday. They honestly deserve it. I picked up a One S for the 4K player alone and also picked up a Pro for the that sweet 4K/checkerboard goodness.

jmaine_ph

People sure get defensive about the idea of Xbox doing well huh. Would love to see both consoles knock it out of the park this holiday. They honestly deserve it. I picked up a One S for the 4K player alone and also picked up a Pro for the that sweet 4K/checkerboard goodness.

Xbox One doing well is great for the industry/gamers. Competition is GOOD!

Extrapolations and estimates. None of the info coming out the last two days has been any better than directional. Just put a number out there, any number, and people will believe it. I'm with Matt... ugh.

Trup1aya

Probably good. I mean at that price it should easily be the go to PS4 for most people. I bought one and I'm really satisfied with it

Slim is $100 cheaper and typically has multiple games bundled with it or additional discounts. There's no was the pro is the 'go to ps4 for most people'

shanew21

Looks like Pro is offsetting Black Friday results. If Black Friday as a whole shows a close race then PS4 would win November.

If it's even close, that's somewhat bad news for Sony right?

They released a brand new upgraded console. If it doesn't beat the Xbox One that's not great.

Top Bottom