• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gigantic is out in Open Beta on Xbox One / Windows 10 Game Preview

Lazaro

The Win32 version is also available through the Arc client launcher. For those not on Windows 10.

Q: Where do I go to install Gigantic on PC?
A: You can get Gigantic through Arc on PC here. Once that's done, look for Gigantic in the list of games and simply double click and follow the instructions on your screen! Alternatively, Gigantic can be found on the Windows 10 Store.

Theorry

There is only one problem tho..

Q: Is Gigantic cross-platform?
A: Gigantic is a Play Anywhere title that allows Windows 10 users to fight against Xbox One users on the same battlefield. Users that play through Arc on PC will not be able to play with Windows 10 or Xbox One users.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

A: Gigantic is a Play Anywhere title that allows Windows 10 users to fight against Xbox One users on the same battlefield. Users that play through Arc on PC will not be able to play with Windows 10 or Xbox One users.
Good old Microsoft. Getting in the way as usual

Gowans

I don't think the servers are up till later today even though its up to download.

Just had a try and won't connect to server.

Ushay

What is Arc?

Keasar

Welp, dead within 3-4 months of release then?

Should have just released the damn thing on Steam or something.

Well, I used to be interested in this game. It was a lot of fun at PAX, but this just seems like a suicidally bad decision. Maybe it'll take off on Xbox One.

amdb00mer

I tried it a couple of days ago as I got an invite from the Xbox preview program as it needed feedback. Game looks great, but I felt is played so slow, nothing like the trailers. Maybe I will go back to it later today or this weekend and give it another shot.

Theorry

Well, I used to be interested in this game. It was a lot of fun at PAX, but this just seems like a suicidally bad decision. Maybe it'll take off on Xbox One.

Well i dont think alot of people know about Arc really. So its not that bad.
Just shame for the couple of people who play it on there and have a small userbase probably. Smaller then the W10/XB1 base offcourse.

Weston

I switched from Arc to Windows store. Hopefully the queue times will be shorter now that it's entering open beta.

Servers should be going up in around 10 minutes.

It's good that there's xbox/win 10 x-play, but then dividing player base between Arc as well...this game is going to have a hard enough time gaining traction without having a split player base.

Open beta is not on Arc as of right now, so no split at this time at least. I assume/hope they will implement cross-play for that by the time they publicly release on that platform.

I've been playing in the closed beta weekends and the game is a lot of fun, glad it's in 24/7 open beta now.

Mesoian

Controller support has always been built into the Win10/Xbox versions of the game. I don't know about the Arc version, though.

It absolutely has not. The last beta (alpha?) I was in did not have it at all.

But now that it's in proper, I'm willing to give this another try.

I'm glad to see this in open beta finally, since now I actually have time to play it. The game does look different than I remember in the closed beta, and every character actually has a bunch of skins now.

$40 for the founder's pack, though? Yeesh, that's a lot more money than the other Founder's Packs that I've bought for other games.

Weston

Bloody hell £32 for the first 16 heroes and 4 upcoming, seems dear against the smite heroes pack.

Yeesh. Yeah I don't mind supporting the game, but that doesn't seem like a very good return on your investment. I don't know if they've adjusted it, but the grind wasn't that bad in the playtests.

Figments

Yeesh. Yeah I don't mind supporting the game, but that doesn't seem like a very good return on your investment. I don't know if they've adjusted it, but the grind wasn't that bad in the playtests.

The grind's still pretty quick. Especially since, by what I've seen, everyone starts off with a 20-win Crown booster. (Crowns are the main grindable currency that you can't pay real money for. Rubies are the currency you need to purchase with real money.)

Gave tutorial and practice a try during lunch on xbone. seems interesting but I assume it will go as most mobas do with me where I play for a bit then never go back.

Gowans

Trying to check it out, furthest I've got is to the Vs screen (twice) where there's ones person who's loading bar doesn't go up and game quotes having to start at the beginning of the queue again.

One time someone forgot to hit accept at the queue and it was a shorter queue after, will give it one more try. (Waiting in Match Making again)

Edit:

Gah!!!!!!! it's happened a 3rd time, I'm out for now. :(

Weston

Oh they cut some of the creatures to add them back in later. I skimmed over that in the patch notes. Damn, I'm miss my Storm Drake already.

I've played a few matches and won each one, only for the game to get an error at the victory screen thus negating my victories.

I'm...not sure if I want to keep playing if I get absolutely nothing for winning.

EDIT: I guess my victories were eventually counted.

Gowans

Tried again this time on my PC and got a game in, looks lovely, very different from Smite and Paragon, a lot more action based and looks great.

Gona queue for another ;)

Figments

Tried again this time on my PC and got a game in, looks lovely, very different from Smite and Paragon, a lot more action based and looks great.

Gona queue for another ;)

It's /very/ different, and it sucks because people go into this expecting another standard MOBA and either ignore it or get confused.

Or they see "Windows Store" and avoid it like the plague.

It's sad, really, but that's the way it is, I guess.

All right, I gave in and bought the Founder's Pack. Playing a few games reminded me of how fun this is, and I want every hero RIGHT DAMN NOW.

Now my in-game currency can be spent on skins and stuff~

Theorry

It's /very/ different, and it sucks because people go into this expecting another standard MOBA and either ignore it or get confused.

Or they see "Windows Store" and avoid it like the plague.

It's sad, really, but that's the way it is, I guess.

Its more a Hero shooter like Overwatch right?

Figments

Its more a Hero shooter like Overwatch right?

Third Person Overwatch with more MOBA-like elements would be more accurate.

Differences from MOBAs:

• No minions
  • Towers are built at capture points, rather than pre-spawned. They also provide benefits to the team, such as healing, path denial, and AoE god sight.
  • Power Game and large emphasis on team fights
  • No laning phase, no farming phase
  • Passive upgrades rather than unlocking abilities

Game is super amazing.

I hope it does good once it's released. 5minutes queue are my main complain from this game

Good old Microsoft. Getting in the way as usual
I'm pretty sure ms allows cross play. But for a play anywhere title it takes 0 effort to allow it as it's the same code.

Figments

All right, I gave in and bought the Founder's Pack. Playing a few games reminded me of how fun this is, and I want every hero RIGHT DAMN NOW.

Now my in-game currency can be spent on skins and stuff~

I'm really tempted to do the same, but I have no money after spending it all on a replacement headset. :(

Oh well.

Maybe after Christmas.

Ken

my thing is stuck saying Downloading... 4.27 gb

is that normal?

vSFmL8H.png

docbon

Uncle Sven is pretty rad to play. So much survivability with his increased healing talents and his super jump.

Lazaro

anyone else get this issue?

I cannot play. tried a bunch of stuff. no dice.

I had something like that on previous insider builds.

I just kept pressing 'try again'.

or try signing out of your Microsoft Account then signing back in. or login with a another MS account then log in back to yours.

Wooo wooo!! Love this game.

As for no cross play between non Win 10 and Xbox, until this year it wasn't even coming out on non Win 10, so, context.

Top Bottom