• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gigantic is out in Open Beta on Xbox One / Windows 10 Game Preview

docbon

Man, Tyto looks so cool in motion, but holy shit am I terrible at playing him. I can go on killstreaks for days with any other character but I just don't get how to play him effectively.

Syntax

Played this game until the switch to Windows 10. It still looks great and that is one slick trailer but I'll have to wait for the non-win10 client they're working on.

Think they gave an eta in the video comments but couldn't find it again. Anyone know?

Keasar

How does a smaller pool of players help? Are there Steam games that have Win10/XB1 crossplay?

I was thinking that Steam gives a game at least more profile and image as compared to Arc, which could be sorely needed for all of us who don't have XBOX Ones (cause we're most likely European) and don't use Windows 10 (cause Windows 7 still works fine).

Played this game until the switch to Windows 10. It still looks great and that is one slick trailer but I'll have to wait for the non-win10 client they're working on.

Think they gave an eta in the video comments but couldn't find it again. Anyone know?
It already exists, I played the beta on Arc which is the version that doesn't require Windows 10 and is sooner or later coming back after this test.

Man, Tyto looks so cool in motion, but holy shit am I terrible at playing him. I can go on killstreaks for days with any other character but I just don't get how to play him effectively.

He's an assassin, really. Dart in with the leap/spec the mouse for teleport/ult in, spin to win, slashy slashy, ult out through another enemy for the bleed/leap out, dash back in. Do the hokey cokey.

Easier said than done, of course. I am sure you are doing all this anywya. He's squishy as hell but he is SO DAMN COOL.

That said, Margrave and Voden remain my main men. Knossos for when I want to rampage like a fucking truck:

http://xboxclips.com/RedSparrows/9e6783f4-d0c8-4889-90dd-cd008934f4d1

Figments

I really, really hate it when my teammates don't summon a Young Bloomer on the forward point in Ghost Reef.

Especially when no one's playing Vadasi so we have no healer otherwise.

I really, really hate it when my teammates don't summon a Young Bloomer on the forward point in Ghost Reef.

Especially when no one's playing Vadasi so we have no healer otherwise.

I am always split on how best to use Bloomers. They're so powerful for the heal but I feel like a Drake would often be more useful on the frontline, or a Cerberus. But I flit between them each round...

I am always split on how best to use Bloomers. They're so powerful for the heal but I feel like a Drake would often be more useful on the frontline, or a Cerberus. But I flit between them each round...

I feel a Bloomer is best on the frontline, because it keeps your team in the fight on the frontline.

Cyclops is also good on the frontline, but Bloomer is really good on the frontline.

Perfect world is publishing the game? Well shit. Gigantic actually was on my radar for a while a few years ago. But I think perfect world is a shitty publisher based on my experience with them and blacklight retribution, a game that never lived up to it's potential on PC with them as their publisher.

1 of the problems, which we're seeing here, is no launch on steam. BLR eventually got on steam, but not til several months or even a year after open beta started. Now once again we're seeing off steam launches... and cross play? Who wants to play a shooter against mouse users with a controller, or vice verse. Not a good sign tbh.

Fancolors

I tried getting into the beta both in the W10 store and Arc, but it shows unavailable to me. Is it NA only for now?

Figments

Perfect world is publishing the game? Well shit. Gigantic actually was on my radar for a while a few years ago. But I think perfect world is a shitty publisher based on my experience with them and blacklight retribution, a game that never lived up to it's potential on PC with them as their publisher.

1 of the problems, which we're seeing here, is no launch on steam. BLR eventually got on steam, but not til several months or even a year after open beta started. Now once again we're seeing off steam launches... and cross play? Who wants to play a shooter against mouse users with a controller, or vice verse. Not a good sign tbh.

I think Perfect World is only publishing the Win7, Win8, and x86 Win10 version of the game. The UWP Win10 and Xbox One versions are still under Microsoft's umbrella, IIRC.

Anyway, the game plays way more like an action game than a straightforward shooter, and the TTK is high enough where there isn't necessarily a disadvantage between control schemes. Yes, long-range characters will always favor PC players, but melee characters like Tripp, Knossos, Tyto, Wu, and single target damage characters like Vadasi and Xenobia are there to balance it out.

TheRed

This seemed pretty cool from the match I played this morning, I like the art style. I didn't really understand all of the game mechanics but started having fun in fights really quick, got a triple kill that felt good and won. Will try it out some more later.

This seemed pretty cool from the match I played this morning, I like the art style. I didn't really understand all of the game mechanics but started having fun in fights really quick, got a triple kill that felt good and won. Will try it out some more later.

The mechanics will come, the key is the feel, and it feels great. First game I ever played I teamed up with a friend and I just cackled all game. It's just good to play.

Figments

The mechanics will come, the key is the feel, and it feels great. First game I ever played I teamed up with a friend and I just cackled all game. It's just good to play.

Yup. The best part of this game is how good it just feels to play. It's improved drastically over the last year.

Figments

I really feel like this game needs a proper OT so more people would be interested after seeing info firsthand.

No offense to the OP, though. Heh.

Top Bottom