• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who will buy Zelda BOTW WiiU ?

What system are you buying Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

dovella

Who will buy Zelda WiiU waiting for Nintendo Switch can mature to become an attractive purchase?

There will be differences between the Switch and the version of Zelda WiiU?

wiiu-thelegendofzeldabreathofthewild-e32016-box-01-png-jpgco_dc2x.jpg

AzaK

My friend will probably buy a Switch for Zelda so I'll borrow that. If he doesn't then yea I'll get Wii U. After the info from the conference I'm certainly not getting a Switch. At least with the Wii U they faked getting western third party support.

Given the events of the day, I think I will.

EDIT: Changed my mind and caved in. Switch looks like a solid enough piece of hardware, although a bit more pricey than expected.

Kudo

Unless the Switch version has dual audio or JP version comes with English text too, I will borrow it from friend for Wii U.

Crayolan

Me. I don't have the money to pick up a switch at launch and it seems like it will have a pretty weak library for the first year anyway.

I need Zelda Day 1 though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The same people who bought Twilight Princess on the GameCube, I guess.

Not buying a Switch at launch, so I'm sticking with my Amazon Prime 20% off order on Wii U.

also really disappointed in the switch's canadian pricing.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I guess people who dont get the Switch and the Switch version ?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I will. To play it at 4k in CEMU.

Seeing how the Switch version is not 1080p and has the smudge filter all over, I'm not even sure I will pick it. Might double dip though.

Painguy

Legitimately considering to cancel my switch preorder since the first year line up seems abysmal. Will just pick up zelda on the 31st. Would be the first Nintendo console ever that I skipped out on at launch.

daxy

If anything, the Switch info dump convinced me to get a Wii U, so I'll probably just play BotW there.

Flandy

I was already having trouble justifying the Switch after the lackluster conference and then it came out that it's 900p on Switch.

Wii U + 4K CEMU is very likely what I'll end up doing now.

AmyS

Nope, I don't have much faith that the Wii-U version will run at a consistent framerate.

This.

Switch version all the way.

Edit:

There's also a larger difference in hardware between Wii U and Switch than there was between GameCube and Wii --
-- Remember, Twilight Princess had some framerate problems on the Gamecube in Hyrule Field. The Wii used the same CPU/GPU chipset clocked 1.5X faster.

Lom1lo

Does this work with this wii u emulator if I have a disk drive ?

Would buy a copy if so.
(also kinda off topic but I have a copy of wind waker, can I play this on the emu?)

Volotaire

I'll purchase the Switch version (as long as performance is equal/better) because of the better resolution, but not until the Switch drops in price alongside some of the accessories.

smuf

Depends on how well it runs. (or how well Cemu runs it)

If it's significantly inferior to the Switch version I'll hold off buying it and get it along with the Switch once that gets more games.

Pretty disappointed in the Switch price, not just the console itself but the accessories and paid online. Unless performance on Wii U is a total shitshow I'll play it on that. Otherwise I'll just wait a year or two.

Neoxon

Seeing as I don't plan on emulating the game & my concern over how it'll run on the Wii U, I'll probably get it on the Switch.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Most likely I will.

I have a Switch pre-ordered, but at this point I'm pretty sure I'm going to cancel it. Zelda's the only launch title I really care about, but since it's also coming to Wii U I figure I may as well get that version.

//DEVIL//

I am going to buy it for the collector purposes but I will keep it sealed. I think I am going to play it on the switch

TuXx

Wii U for me. Doesn't seem like I'll be missing out on much for the Switch version or anything the Switch has to offer.

Jaagen

I will.

The Switch is really lacking content at launch, making the steep price very hard to swallow. I just bought a PS4 as well, so and I don't feel ready to shell out $300 for a new console if the lineup isn't superb.

Fortunately for me, the Wii U version comes out the same day as the Switch one.

Top Bottom