• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a thought that V. Putin could be invited, and attend, Trump Inauguration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought to myself what is the craziest, most shocking thing that Donald Trump could possibly have planned for his inauguration, and I get the feeling that this is it. I honestly believe his team are trying to arrange for Putin to somehow attend Trump's inauguration, or at the very least to meet Trump on the very same day of his inauguration.

What say you guys? Am I totally out of my mind here, or what?

Edited thread title with question mark to reflect it's a hypothetical and not confirmed news.

Edit again: apologies for thread title lol. After I read it I was like, "holy shit, if I read this I would think this shit is confirmed news."

Steel

Banned
As dumb as he is, I don't think he'll be that dumb. Putin will get an invite to the secret after party in Moscow, though.

lol I feel all kinds of terrible about the original thread title now. Didn't realize how it would be perceived until I had finished posting the thread, and then quickly tried to change it.

Sorry if I almost gave anyone a heart attack. :p

What has me thinking this is the stuff I'm seeing about them wanting to rush a Putin meeting as soon as humanely possible, sooner rather than later, and it has me thinking if they would dare set this up for inauguration day. Could you fucking imagine Obama leaving the White House that day to attend Trump's inauguration with Putin front and center after Obama just finished announcing sanctions against them for interfering in our elections? It just strikes me like the perfect dick move, ESPECIALLY if Hillary Clinton herself ends up being present.

If it's one thing I've learned about Trump by now, it's not to underestimate how far he's willing to go to be a disgusting piece of shit. As of now I can't think of anything that tops this on that scale. And he's claiming he wants to have a whole new relationship with Putin. And we all know he wants to lift those Russian Sanctions. What better way for him to get an easier path to doing just that than if he extends an invitation and Putin accepts that invitation?

My heart skipped a beat. Jesus.

Trump might be stupid enough to invite Putin, but I don't think Putin would be stupid enough to accept. Trump's advisors are also smarter than that.

mo60

Nah. Trump will probably set up a meeting with putin a few days or weeks after his inaguration. I don't think his transition team will even let him pull a move like that because it would look to obvious.

Nah. Trump will probably set up a meeting with putin a few days or weeks after his inaguration. I don't think his transition team will even let him pull a move like that because it would look to obvious.

At this point I think Trump sees things like, "maybe the more obvious I am about it, the more I demonstrate to people that it's not something I'm really concerned about, in which case they, in turn, will also see that there really is nothing to be concerned about, otherwise I wouldn't dare be so reckless."

And guess what? There is plenty evidence this past election that this really and truly does work for Trump. Initially it seems outrageous and unprecedented, the next it's basically the norm and what's to be expected of the incoming administration. And knowing them, they will try to spin it as a sign of how serious Donald Trump in shaking things up and straying away from the typical Washington way of doing things. Press will literally eat it up, as would his supporters.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
As dumb as he is, I don't think he'll be that dumb. Putin will get an invite to the secret after party in Moscow, though.
This is man who strives to prove people wrong lol. Half the shit that comes out of his mouth are things no normal person would say out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom