• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Vaughn and Mel Gibson to star in police brutality movie as disgraced cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf?
Gibson and Vaughn will play cops who are suspended when a video of their strong-arm tactics gets wide attention. They then descend into the criminal underworld to exact vengeance.
https://variety.com/2017/film/news/...ity-movie-dragged-across-concrete-1201975594/
More info on plot:
In Dragged Across Concrete, a stolid, old guard policeman, Ridgeman (Gibson) and his volatile younger partner, Anthony (Vaughn), find themselves suspended when a video of their strong-arming tactics become the media’s special du jour. Low on cash and with no other options, these two embittered soldiers descend into the criminal underworld to gain their just due, but instead find far more than they wanted awaiting them in the shadows.
https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/809747-dragged-across-concrete-movie/

giphy.gif

Harmen

Eh, I hope this is better than it sounds given Gibsons history and the very prominent real life issues of police violence.

LifEndz

He just fucking with people now. Bet he uses "Pack of Niggers"

That line still stands out to me, and it's not for the n-word drop. A pack...a group of us is a pack to him. Now that's some down home racism right there.

Anyway, after seeing tough guy Vaughn in True Decrective season 2, I'm not all that interested.

Sorry. Who are these crooked cops exacting revenge on? Is this going to be a responsible social commentary or is this for the AllLivesMatter crowd?

SURGEdude

Mel is a perfect fit
He already has experience hating niggers

And if he runs into a kike (sp?) they better watch out cuz Mel's about. They started all the wars after all
Honestly WTF does that even mean?

Sounds like a horrifyingly racist cop show from when that dickhead Trump was in office.

Cagey

Banned
"Descend into criminal underworld" would suggest it's about some crime ring and the cops goes rogue.

SpaceWolf

Banned
"I first signed onto this project in 2005. As a matter of fact, I've actually been trying to get into character for the last twelve years"

Slayven

Sorry. Who are these crooked cops exacting revenge on? Is this going to be a responsible social commentary or is this for the AllLivesMatter crowd?

remember that guy that went to jail after he happened to film the police killing Eric Garnder? Folks like that

gun_haver

I'm not clear on the tone of this movie - then going to the criminal underworld to 'exact vengeance' sounds pretty god damn horrible, unless it's supposed to and Mel and Vince are playing the bad guys.

Cos, they can't seriously be making a movie about false accusations of police brutality can they? That's an pretty destructive and cynical way to make a bit of money. Western culture is too susceptible to that kind of far-right bullshit right now.

They then descend into the criminal underworld to exact vengeance.

I don't get this line. Who are they getting vengeance on? Why? "You've exposed our racist shit and brutality so we're going to kill you in response"? Seems like a very odd premise.

ICO_SotC

Spoilers:

Their "strong arm" tactics will be portrayed in the film as necessary and needed in an "anti-police" atmosphere, but they'll be "portrayed" unfairly by the "liberal" media becuase the incriminating video was edited to exclude footage that makes what they did seem acceptable, and they will targeted by the PC bureaucratic system for "racism".

There I saved you $10.

The way he has been reaccepted into Hollywood is disgusting tbh.

Schwarzenegger as well. He was used as a tool by the Republican party to get Grey Davis recalled so they could further destroy California.

He was welcomed back to "liberal" Hollywood with open arms too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom