• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me GAF! My Son wants Genji`s Oni Skin....HOW??!!

raviolico

Yeah, i know....but now it`s too late to make friends in HOTS... ;-)

Any suggestions? eBay (...100$ & giving the account data...wtf...uh)?
Any way to "gift" this? Buy this?

Are those Special Event Skins become regular Lootboxfood in the future?
Has Blizzard mentioned something? Or Trading etc?

Thanks

Metroid

Everything has been said already, shit happens, he has to move on. Also teach him not to fall for such money grabbing skins.

Also: who would spent 100 bucks on a skin? This is insane.

If Blizz brought him back it'd be sometime next year, probably contained in an expensive bundle, and your son probably wouldn't care anymore.

edit: I was thinking of Heroes of the Storm. Who knows if Overwatch will ever bring back this skin.

MayMay

Banned
No way of getting the skin anymore, unless you buy a new account from someone online that has the skin - but that's pretty much a surefire way of getting scammed considering the seller could just talk to Blizzard support and retrieve his account at any time.

finalflame

There is absolutely zero possibility you can buy it or otherwise acquire it unless you find someone willing to sell you their Battle.net account with Overwatch which has that skin. I don't even know if selling Battle.net accounts is against Blizzard's ToS.

Time to teach him you can't always get what you want in life.

xaosslug

is he good @ Genji, tho? Tell him you will buy him the skin off eBay if he hits master. It'll teach him about setting goals and achieving goals. ;P

BigEmil

Gotta try again in the same event next year (which is this year?) For a chance to get it
It's definitely not worth $100 just for a skin

keraj37

No way of getting the skin anymore, unless you buy a new account from someone online that has the skin - but that's pretty much a surefire way of getting scammed considering the seller could just talk to Blizzard support and retrieve his account at any time.

Isn't buying accounts against game policy? I think it is. So most likely your new account would be banned as soon as Blizz moderators find out about it.

Also I don't think if you were scammed that eBay or Paypal or whoever would support you with this.

EDIT:
There is absolutely zero possibility you can buy it or otherwise acquire it unless you find someone willing to sell you their Battle.net account with Overwatch which has that skin. I don't even know if selling Battle.net accounts is against Blizzard's ToS.

Time to teach him you can't always get what you want in life.

I think it is.

Cels

Gotta try again in the same event next year (which is this year?) For a chance to get it
It's definitely not worth $100 just for a skin

it's not a seasonal event, it was a heroes of the storm "play with a friend" event that has no guarantee or even an indication that it'll be back.

it's not like, say, genji's nihon skin which we know will be back this summer

StayDead

is he good @ Genji, tho? Tell him you will buy him the skin off eBay if he hits master. It'll teach him about setting goals and achieving goals. ;P

It'll also teach him that no matter how hard he works and how hard he tries he'll never be able to get what he wants. Although maybe that's a bit dark.

shandy706

Yup Birthday. Of course that´s my stand.

Who cares...lol.

If my daughter wanted a skin pack for her birthday, and it was $100....I'd tell her she's not getting it.

There are a lot more valuable and useful things for that kind of money.

Whatever floats your boat though.

Buying an account is absolutely against TOS, and the original account owner could always take a shot at reclaiming the account anyway.

Save your money, it's a skin, it might even come back in the future.

raviolico

Who cares...lol.

If my daughter wanted a skin pack for her birthday, and it was $100....I'd tell her she's not getting it.

There are a lot more valuable and useful things for that kind of money.

Whatever floats your boat though.

Sorry..but thats ***not*** my intention. I will OF COURSE not buy a Skin for 100$! Dear god. I was simply asking if there is a OTHER noncosty way. I´s not. Ok, time to move on.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Your son doesnt need a Genji skin... he needs healing.

Yeah, i know....but now it`s too late to make friends in HOTS... ;-)

Any suggestions? eBay (...100$ & giving the account data...wtf...uh)?
Any way to "gift" this? Buy this?

Are those Special Event Skins become regular Lootboxfood in the future?
Has Blizzard mentioned something? Or Trading etc?

Thanks

You can try opening a ticket to blizzard and ezplaining the situation

shandy706

Sorry..but thats ***not*** my intention. I will OF COURSE not buy a Skin for 100$! Dear god. I was simpy asking if there is a OTHER noncosty way. I´s not. Ok, time to move on.

Haha, ok. Was just saying there's no way I'd do that.

It sounded like you're were going to buy it if that was your only option ;) As you can see from other posts.

I agree with not buying someone's account either. Bit risky.

This thread has unwarranted hostility.

Telling someone that they'll probably have to go the route of "you don't always get what you want" or that there's no way one would spend $100 on a skin....

That's not hostility. That's a "normal" reaction to a situation like this.

Top Bottom