• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me GAF! My Son wants Genji`s Oni Skin....HOW??!!

Boem

You can try opening a ticket to blizzard and ezplaining the situation

I imagine there's all sorts of kids trying these kinds of excuses to get free stuff. Kids can get obsessed about these things.

I mean, I believe the OP, but I don't think Blizzard could tell the difference between him and a random needy kid (or that they would care).

mindatlarge

I think it's really cool you seem to love your son a lot, to the point of asking about this on here. Sucks it's one of those things that is out of reach, but hopefully you find him something else he will enjoy.

Let's just hope he doesn't ask for a NES Mini next.

tcrunch

Hand make him his own real-life Genji oni costume, but only hand it over if he agrees to learn some game like chess and plays 15 matches vs you

disporak

Neo Member
It would be a seriously cool Good Guy Blizzard move if they added the skin to your son's account. Hopefully this gets some visibility and Jeff can hook him up. :3

cakely

I'm really certain that they'll offer it again at some point.

Please, reconsider buying a new account for one skin.

Any suggestions? eBay (...100$ & giving the account data...wtf...uh)?
Any way to "gift" this? Buy this?

Also, this is sketchy as hell, There's no "skin transfer" between accounts, you would need to buy an entire account to get the skin.

Again, please don't do this.

Cels

Well..thats right now on my mind. lol.

do that

but then after he starts crying (or throwing a tantrum, idk what your son is more likely to do), reveal that you paid a small fortune on ebay and acquired an account with not only the oni skin, but the widowmaker noire skin, bastion blizzcon skin, as well as the top 500 sprays from seasons 1, 2, and 3

when he stops the tantrum/crying in light of this good news, then you pull the rug out from under him and exclaim that HAHA no i did no such thing

Hansel

Banned
Wow you guys are a bunch of blowhards. Buy the skin on ebay and tell everyone in this thread to lick it up.

mindatlarge

Yes, i know it would cause trolling, lectoring and backfire...was a risk worth taking if succsessful. Thanky you for your kind, emphatic words.
I've spent ridiculous amounts on my animals because I love them, I imagine it's even worse once you have kids, like the lengths you may be willing to go to bring a smile to their face. Sucks that the only way to get this for him would likely result in a huge up-charge and no guarantee that the transaction wouldn't turn fraudulent. Hope he has a good birthday anyways.

hodgy100

dude i know hes your son and you love him.

but just tell him you can't get it anymore. thats the truth and it teaches him a life lesson

Dio

Banned
I have the Oni skin, but the thing that annoys me the most about it is that they didn't change the shuriken trails and dash to be red like the rest of the skin, they left them green.

Phu

Banned
I have the Oni skin, but the thing that annoys me the most about it is that they didn't change the shuriken trails and dash to be red like the rest of the skin, they left them green.

Probably so you don't freak out your teammates since the enemy is always red.

cilonen

If he's jonesing really bad for it you can get a ton of chores done out of the kid prior to telling the brutal truth. Don't waste the opportunity.

Arkeband

Banned
This is a learning opportunity for you as a parent to understand how even a benevolent company like Blizzard is grooming your children to gamble money for hats.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Time to make him an Oni Genji costume and introduce him to the world of cosplay.

I´m going wild and open a ticket to Blizz. Wish me luck!

Edit. Should i link this thread? ;)
This is amazing. Will Blizzard disappoint a little boy on his birthday?

Boem

topkek

doing something nice and giving players a free cool-looking skin is bs now?

Apropos of nothing, but kek and topkek is one of those terms heavily adopted by online Trump trolls these days. Probably not the kind of thing you want to be associated with by using terms like that.

Shinypogs

I wish the skin could be given away. I don't own overwatch but did the hots event becuase I play that on occasion. So I technically have an unlock waiting for me for a game I will never buy because I get motion sickness from fps games. Hell I'd give away my account if I wasn't attached to my hearthstone collection.

Best of luck finding an acceptable alternative present.

Thewonandonly

Yeah, i know....but now it`s too late to make friends in HOTS... ;-)

Any suggestions? eBay (...100$ & giving the account data...wtf...uh)?
Any way to "gift" this? Buy this?

Are those Special Event Skins become regular Lootboxfood in the future?
Has Blizzard mentioned something? Or Trading etc?

Thanks
All give it to you for free man.

All I'm going to need is your social security, bank account, pin, and if you can I would like your credit card in the mail just so I can verify that your over 18 and have good credit. Also you passport so I can verify its really you

raviolico

Time to make him an Oni Genji costume and introduce him to the world of cosplay.

This is amazing. Will Blizzard disappoint a little boy on his birthday?

Lol. Of course I guess they dont care. Or simply don`t believe me.

Top Bottom