• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert port coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

MauroNL

https://gnn.gamer.com.tw/3/142833.html
South Korea Pearl Abyss R & D online game " Black Desert " on the 25th in the upcoming beta, the birth of the " Black Desert " Pearl Abyss Council Chairman Kim Daichi and the " Black Desert " Planning Director Kim Jae-Hee in particular to Taipei International Game Show Revealed the " Black Desert " future plans. Kim Da-il said that the future of the " Black Desert " fights a second awakening, life system has a secondary development, and the game map space expansion plans, while the " black desert " for the same world view, but the game content different phone Online game has been in development , and " Black Desert " will also be published recently ported to the home console PS4, XboxOne related content.

Leading the " Black Desert " R & D Kim is a Korean well-known producer, has put " R2 Online ", " C9 Ninth mainland " and other online game development, in 2009 to " C9 ninth continent " won the Korean game awards Pearl Abyss for the " Black Desert " will be in the Taiwan Open beta very seriously, the gold developer of the Pearl Abyss in 2010, the development of the " Black Desert ", and " Black Desert " in Taiwan is Pearl Abyss first direct operation , Freshman and Kim Jubilee came to Taiwan to participate in the Taipei International Game Show, taking the time to accept the Bahamut GNN and other Taiwan media access. The following is a summary of today's live interview summary:

Q: What about Pearl Abyss' future game development plans? " Black Desert " Is there a plan to launch on other platforms?

The new game development program has not yet begun, we have two programs are being conceived, but the " Black Desert " also need more optimization, it will be in the " Black Desert " after completion of a higher degree to go.

As for the " black desert " in other game platforms, the current mobile phone MMO works have developed a lot of content, this is the same with the " black desert " has the same world view, but the content of some works, PS4, XboxOne version will be The same game as the computer-based online game " Black Desert " is currently underway, and it is not currently decided whether the home host version of the server will be shared with the computer version server in the future.
Obviously this is a Google Translate version of the above article. If anyone who speaks Chinese can translate it correctly I can update the OP. The only thing I can make out is that the game is ported to Xbox One and PlayStation 4. For those unfamiliar with the game here is the GAF OT

Ferr986

Cool. But they'll need to revamp the UI. It was a nightmare for pad users.
Combat though was awesome with a pad.

Game was very good IMO, with a non theme park world that truly feels like a living world. Only problem is that its a Korean MMO, so the endgame grind is insane.

Rimark

Neo Member
This would actually be pretty sweet. I've been meaning to try playing the game with a controller anyway.

I'll not get my hopes up as this seems like one of those situations where someone says "yes, we are going to do this" and it just never ever comes out.

Alexious

Guys, this is barely news. They've been saying they are considering a console port since Gamescom, but there's nothing concrete yet.

I also just asked the PR of Kakao Games, their Western publisher, and he knew nothing about it. I think it's still a long way off, that is if it actually happens.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'll not get my hopes up as this seems like one of those situations where someone says "yes, we are going to do this" and it just never ever comes out.

That legendary APB online PS4 port that's still in the works lol.

Ashodin

make no mistake, Black Desert on consoles will severely outpace the competition in graphical power. The game is GORGEOUS. The UI is horrible though.

giphy.gif

Slayven

Cool. But they'll need to revamp the UI. It was a nightmare for pad users.
Combat though was awesome with a pad.

Game was very good IMO, with a non theme park world that truly feels like a living world. Only problem is that its a Korean MMO, so the endgame grind is insane.

The UI is garbage, i stell can't figure out how to get it to blow up. It is so tiny

Xiaoki

Black Desert, coming soon to consoles!

Now with 4 times the pop in!

Yeah, it's great and all but the game engine has problems on PC.

Elandyll

Banned
Nice game at first, but quickly became way too grindy for my taste.
Should really please those who like sandbox play as opposed to theme park/ narrative driven games though.

Zeta Oni

I've always been a bit confused with how the combat works in this game, is more like an action oriented WoW style, or is the combat closer to a character action game?

Cause trying to find a replacement for Dragons Dogma always seems to lead me back to this game.

Gorgeous looking game on PC. Hopefully it is done justice on console.

I played for ages, solely with a controller and it played well.

It also has a built in photo mode for those who enjoy that.

When a MMO company announced multiple projects it's a good sign of The End.

Black Desert would need enough development focus as it is, a smaller company just can't survive continuously restarting from scratch.

But this is still the best sandbox game ever made.

As I usually repeat:

FFXIV = story & content (can't do PvP)
Blade & Soul = PvP (mediocre PvE)
Black Desert = sandbox simulated world (can't do PvE)

Western MMORPGs = (sadly) dead (to me).

LectureMaster

Gold Member
I read the original article, the interview was more like a marketing activity for Taiwan launching of the game. In the FAQ part I did not see console port discussion but as the introduction says, they will reveal information about console porting soon.

KillLaCam

Banned
I wonder if there would be any cross platform servers. Id be fine if I lost my gear and lvls on a character that I port over to them as long as I can keep cosmetics or get an equivalent amount of in-game currency.

I'd love to play it with my friends who dont have good pcs.

Top Bottom