• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Piko Taro, of Pen Pineapple Apple Pen fame, is headed to the Grammy Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanmisha

This train never stops.

Hope you weren't planning on enjoying the Grammy Awards this year because the single most 2016 performer on Earth will be there to potentially ruin it for you. Details are scarce, but we know that he will be participating in Japanese network WOWOW's live coverage of the event. Will he perform? Will he debut PPAP (59th Annual Grammy Awards Version)? If I blind myself, will Piko Taro return my vision through supernatural powers only to force me to watch him perform PPAP for the 100th time? Stay tuned.

When my group of friends were watching all the Japanese new years eve concerts, I insisted this was the end of the road for Piko Taro. He had peaked.

I may have jinxed it.

ピコ太郎は「通常のカーペットはいつも歩いているのですが、今回はレッドカーペット!ただのレッドカーペットではなく、グラミーレッドカーペット!グラミーレッドカーペットっていう名前を子供につけたいくらいの憧れでしたから、そこを歩けるということで、汚さないように、今から靴の裏を磨いておきます。興奮しております!」と高揚気味のコメントを寄せている。

Source: http://www.narinari.com/Nd/20170242240.html

Memes in "real life" will be the downfall of human culture, but this still gets me every time.

d26.gif

Memes in "real life" will be the downfall of human culture, but this still gets me every time.
Yeah, high schoolers I know refer to people as "memes" now e.g. "My friend is such a huge meme!" In addition, they seem to talk a lot about memes a lot, making memes and having favorite memes etc.

Memes are the downfall of Western civilization.

NateDog

Do people hate him that much? I thought he did the "song" as a little joke but it just blew up thanks to JBiebs.

Is this a situation where the fans are more annoying than the thing they're fans of? Because the original thing is kind of quirky and cute, but for some reason it has 46 million views.

I don't want to sound like those people asking who Ariana Grande was during that Final Fantasy thing a little while back, but...who is this?

Fades

Banned

d26.gif

dear god this is amazing

I have a hard time comprehending how exactly PPAP ever caught on, but I also recognize that I'm not in the slightest the intended audience, and PIKOTARO seems to be having fun, so...yay for him?

Ayumi

Do people hate him that much? I thought he did the "song" as a little joke but it just blew up thanks to JBiebs.
Saw on TV recently that they recorded a commercial together. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean Bieber's tweet?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Yeah, high schoolers I know refer to people as "memes" now e.g. "My friend is such a huge meme!" In addition, they seem to talk a lot about memes a lot, making memes and having favorite memes etc.

Memes are the downfall of Western civilization.

I work with a 16-year-old girl and this is painfully true. I thought they were being ironic at first, but noooooope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom