• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johto Pokémon to come to Pokémon GO this week [update now live]

JoeM86

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R04u9E5INTI&feature=youtu.be

Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, and many more Pokémon are nearly here! Starting later this week, you'll have the opportunity to catch more than 80 Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games. We've also implemented some new features to enhance your Pokémon GO experience.

- Additional Pokémon

- New Evolutions

- New Encounter Gameplay

- New Berries

- New Avatars and an Expanded Wardrobe

Trainers,

Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, and many more Pokémon are nearly here! Starting later this week, you'll have the opportunity to catch more than 80 Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games. We've also implemented some new features to enhance your Pokémon GO experience.

Additional Pokémon: More than 80 Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games, as well as Pokémon with gender-specific variations, will start rolling out in Pokémon GO.

New Evolutions: There are now more opportunities to evolve your Pokémon in Pokémon GO than ever before. Some Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will soon be able to evolve—into Pokémon that inhabit the Johto region! Be on the lookout for new Evolution items at PokéStops, which you'll need to evolve some Pokémon.

New Encounter Gameplay: When you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don't be surprised if they react in new ways as you're trying to catch them. You'll also notice the addition of new item carousels that allow you to select Berries and Poké Balls directly from the encounter screen. Hone your skills and catch those elusive Pokémon!

New Berries: Pokémon enjoy eating Berries, and you'll have the opportunity to get two new Berries by spinning the Photo Disc at PokéStops—Nanab Berries and Pinap Berries! Giving a Pokémon a Nanab Berry will slow its movements, making it easier to catch. The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you'll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.

New Avatars and an Expanded Wardrobe: Now you'll be able to give your avatar a complete upgrade! Customize your look with a whole new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items.

Be sure to use the hashtag #PokemonGO on Twitter to share your experiences as you explore your local neighborhoods with family and friends. We can't wait to see the Pokémon you catch!

Rafavert

Neat! I started playing Go recently (didn't have a mobile capable of running it) and am already sick of gen 1 =p

JoeM86

any further details on what this is?

Just got more info on this and berries

Enhanced Encounters

Now, when you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don't be surprised if they react in new ways when you try to catch them. There is also a simple new way to quickly select items during encounters.

A Bounty of Berries

When you visit a PokéStop, you'll now have the opportunity to get new Berries that Pokémon love. Give a Pokémon a Nanab Berry to slow its movements, making it easier to catch. Or give it a Pinap Berry to double the amount of Candy you'll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.

Zomba13

Ah, so they are making it harder to catch pokemon and increasing the amount of possible items at pokestops to reduce your chances of getting balls to help nudge players to buying more stuff.

oti

Banned
Ah, so they are making it harder to catch pokemon and increasing the amount of possible items at pokestops to reduce your chances of getting balls to help nudge players to buying more stuff.
lol what

There are never going add stuff like trainer battles or trading, are they?
No. Never. Just like they will never release more Pokémon. Not happening.

Drain You

I'm down. Although I wish they would implement something like a step counter that gets recorded while the app isn't open and then later when I'm home I can "use" those steps recorded throughout the day to go find pokemon. Dunno if I explained that all that well.

ViciousDS

Banned
Just got more info on this and berries

Enhanced Encounters

Now, when you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don't be surprised if they react in new ways when you try to catch them. There is also a simple new way to quickly select items during encounters.

A Bounty of Berries

When you visit a PokéStop, you'll now have the opportunity to get new Berries that Pokémon love. Give a Pokémon a Nanab Berry to slow its movements, making it easier to catch. Or give it a Pinap Berry to double the amount of Candy you'll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.

really should have added being able to fight pokemon for candy.....but why do that when you are forced to get and use pokeballs.

Was hoping they would have done more by now......but a few new pokemon Won't bring me back. The support on this game has been pretty lame. Took half a year to bring Johto pokemon over in the wild.

Guess I'll just stick to my Sun, really can't wait for HD pokemon though on the switch

Zomba13

Enhanced Encounters

That along with one of the new berries being a "slow them down" berry implies that Pokémon will now be jumping around and moving a lot more which will make them more difficult to catch, which will use up more balls, which will push people to buy more balls.

Lionheart

All info: http://www.pokemongolive.com/en/post/johto-pokemon

Trainers,

Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, and many more Pokémon are nearly here! Starting later this week, you’ll have the opportunity to catch more than 80 Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games. We’ve also implemented some new features to enhance your Pokémon GO experience.

Additional Pokémon: More than 80 Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games, as well as Pokémon with gender-specific variations, will start rolling out in Pokémon GO.

New Evolutions: There are now more opportunities to evolve your Pokémon in Pokémon GO than ever before. Some Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will soon be able to evolve—into Pokémon that inhabit the Johto region! Be on the lookout for new Evolution items at PokéStops, which you’ll need to evolve some Pokémon.

New Encounter Gameplay: When you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don’t be surprised if they react in new ways as you’re trying to catch them. You’ll also notice the addition of new item carousels that allow you to select Berries and Poké Balls directly from the encounter screen. Hone your skills and catch those elusive Pokémon!

New Berries: Pokémon enjoy eating Berries, and you’ll have the opportunity to get two new Berries by spinning the Photo Disc at PokéStops—Nanab Berries and Pinap Berries! Giving a Pokémon a Nanab Berry will slow its movements, making it easier to catch. The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you’ll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.

New Avatars and an Expanded Wardrobe: Now you’ll be able to give your avatar a complete upgrade! Customize your look with a whole new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items.

Be sure to use the hashtag #PokemonGO on Twitter to share your experiences as you explore your local neighborhoods with family and friends. We can’t wait to see the Pokémon you catch!

oti

Banned
I'm down. Although I wish they would implement something like a step counter that gets recorded while the app isn't open and then later when I'm home I can "use" those steps recorded throughout the day to go find pokemon. Dunno if I explained that all that well.

The Pokémon Go Plus does this but it's ridiculous they don't allow your phone to just do that instead. Very obvious they want you to buy that thing.

Laieon

Pokemon Go just came to Korea a few weeks ago so I've yet to hit the brick wall "this is boring" phase that a lot of you seem to have hit, but I'm excited for this. I haven't even completed my first pokedex yet and now I'm getting a ton of new Pokemon? Hell yes.

Started with Gen 1, but Gen 2 has always been my favorite.

Pokemon Go just came to Korea a few weeks ago so I've yet to hit the brick wall "this is boring" phase that a lot of you seem to have hit, but I'm excited for this. I haven't even completed my first pokedex yet and now I'm getting a ton of new Pokemon? Hell yes.

Started with Gen 1, but Gen 2 has always been my favorite.

Good luck, now it will be harder (I think) to complete your first dex. It took me about 6 months and 810km to catch 142 pokemon (Tauros, Mr. Mime, Kanghaskan and Farfecht'd are region locked. The other 5 are legendaries.)

oti

Banned
That along with one of the new berries being a "slow them down" berry implies that Pokémon will now be jumping around and moving a lot more which will make them more difficult to catch, which will use up more balls, which will push people to buy more balls.

Your chain here is based on assumptions and hence pointless at this time. They could just increase the escape rate and get the same result if they wanted to. I'm not saying you're wrong, it could happen, but we don't know it yet. FWIW Pokémon GO is one of the "friendliest" F2P games out there.

Good luck, now it will be harder (I think) to complete your first dex. It took me about 6 months and 810km to catch 142 pokemon (Tauros, Mr. Mime, Kanghaskan and Farfecht'd are region locked. The other 5 are legendaries.)

Gen 2 is basically an expansion of Gen one. There is are lot of Gen 2 pokemon that should be using Gen 1 candy , Onix , Eevee , Golbat ,Slowpoke, Poliwhirl ,Scyther and the babies etc. Its Gen 3 that is the problem if they don't change the format.

Nightbird

Time to get my Godbat!

Finally, catching all those Zubat will pay off!

crobat_by_suguro-d3dm4kw.jpg

Gen 2 is basically an expansion of Gen one. There is are lot of Gen 2 pokemon that should be using Gen 1 candy , Onix , Eevee , Golbat ,Slowpoke, Poliwhirl ,Scyther and the babies etc. Its Gen 3 that is the problem if they don't change the format.

Well, evolutions ain't the problem. The problem are Gen 1 pokemon that were already hard to catch (Porygon, Snorlax, Lapras, etc) will be harder to get or even spot.

Patch Notes

• A Whole New World To Live In
  • A Whole New Way to See
  • A Whole New Place
  • A Brand New Attitude
  • No Changes to the need to catch them all

Pachimari

Pretty nice, and finally.

That said, I no longer think they're working on trading. Which I will be fine with if they just do an event here and there letting you catch region-exclusive Pokémon in your own region.

oti

Banned

That said, I no longer think they're working on trading. Which I will be fine with if they just do an event here and there letting you catch region-exclusive Pokémon in your own region.

Based on what?

JavyOO7

The Niantic boss said that trading and PvP is coming. Just that supposedly they were caught off guard with the server issues at launch and stabilizing them. And that if it weren't for that then one of those two things would be out by now.

HardRojo

If they're adding more items they should really expand the bags capacity limit and increase it by 100 or 150 for all players, so that 350 or 400 becomes the new default.

If they're adding more items they should really expand the bags capacity limit and increase it by 100 or 150 for all players, so that 350 or 400 becomes the new default.

More importantly, if they're adding more Pokemon they should increase the Pokemon capacity :p

Pachimari

Oh, that's reassuring. My niece really should have caught that Tauros while she was in the USA then. :(

More importantly, if they're adding more Pokemon they should increase the Pokemon capacity :p

Totally agree with these two.

Top Bottom