• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johto Pokémon to come to Pokémon GO this week [update now live]

Just my gut feeling.

Didn't he say that last year?

Nope, last week:
These include monster trading and player-versus-player battles. These are on the way, says Hanke, who adds that if the servers hadn't been so sketchy at launch, at least one of them would already be out there, likewise a gym battle system, supplementing what he feels is a "rudimentary" version of the game they envisioned.

"It's going to be done soon," he says.
Source

edit: beaten

Aleh

Well this actually sounds like a good update in time for the warmer season!
Too bad I still can't play since my phone sucks

Lukemon

Patch Notes

• A Whole New World To Live In
  • A Whole New Way to See
  • A Whole New World
  • A Brand New Attitude
  • No Changes to the need to catch them all

Well played.

I'm only missing like four or five from Gen1, so timing is pretty much perfect for me. My 100%IV Seadra is ready (to get Twister *weeps*).

I should've caught Chansey during the promotion.
If it ends at the same time it started, you've still got six hours left. It's still live at the moment, at least.

Are people having a hard time holding gyms? I've upgraded my Pokemom storage and item bag twice using only the coins earned from gyms.

If you didn't start immediately when the game was new, you're not getting any gyms until late in the game. Everyone who is still playing is level 30+ and will wreck your mons any day, and powerleveling with evolutions is much more difficult because you won't get a dozen Pidgeys every time you go for a walk.

jariw

If they're adding more items they should really expand the bags capacity limit and increase it by 100 or 150 for all players, so that 350 or 400 becomes the new default.

Because getting the 400-600 coins required during the time that the game has been out is such a difficult task?

Mawile

Banned
Awesome news as this is my favorite.

Spr_2c_163.png
Spr_2c_183.png
Spr_2c_196.png
Spr_2c_225.png
Spr_2c_206.png
Spr_2c_160.png

HardRojo

Because getting the 400-600 coins required during the time that the game has been out is such a difficult task?
More items means less space for everything across the board, new players would have to juggle between balls, berries, evolutionary items and more in a capacity of 250, bumping it up to 400 while raising the limit to 1500 would be an ideal solution. There are probably people already having trouble with max capacity as it is.

SuomiDude

Fuck yeah, I still had 5 or so 1st gen Pokémon to catch, but this is still great news for me. Been playing the game almost every day since launch (in my country), and will do so as long as I have every Pokémon.

Forkball

Awesome news as this is my favorite.

Spr_2c_163.png
Spr_2c_183.png
Spr_2c_196.png
Spr_2c_225.png
Spr_2c_206.png
Spr_2c_160.png

The GS sprites are so great. Up there with the GB Zeldas in terms of my favorite 8-bit sprites.

I was just wondering today when Johto Pokemon were coming. I barely play anymore, but I might open the app to see what they've added.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Yes! This game was very good for my girlfriend's carousel business last year (we were a pokestop since the beginning) and we had a lot of fun playing it at work. Going to tell her to make an event for next week.

Meh stopped playing cause it was the same pokemon in my area, no magmars and what not enough to make any fun teams. I'll pass unless the rotation/variety of mons goes up.

This will make a lot of money, though obviously would have been better for sustain if implemented a year ago.
Eh it would have been silly to release a bunch of new ones in the dead of winter. Makes more sense now that it's getting warm, kids are going to be going on spring break soon, etc.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Smart to launch this update now that its getting warmer again - many Gaffers wanted them to drop Johto Pokemon in the midst of the winter...would have been the dumbest move ever.

CEO of Niantic has been quoted in saying that PvP and trading is coming soon a couple days ago. I would not have believed him had Gen 2 not dropped, so.

nice to finally see a big roll out of new pokemon, seasons are changing so now is a pretty good time to see if they can get the ball rolling again

PSFan

Will the babies be wild? Or will they still be egg only?

Bad timing imo. Just release all 150 of generation two at april when it´s getting warmer oh my

What difference does it make? Releasing now doesn't mean they won"t be there anymore in April. It's not cold everywhere this game is played. It's been 60-70 degrees in my area. Perfect GO weather.

Yeah, it's actually a pretty good move to make big feature additions as the weather starts to warm up. As boring as the past few months have been, putting in GEN2 in the midst of Winter would've had a poor return.

With this method, they close in on the 1-year Anniversary of the game's launch with fresh additions and hype, coaxing lapsed players to join back in.

That being said, I'm at 123 Caught, 128 Seen. No Snorlax, No Aerodactyl, No Onix. SMH

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bad timing imo. Just release all 150 of generation two at april when it´s getting warmer oh my

Nah - starting the rollout now makes sense to get the word of mouth going about a bigger update. I guess by summer we will start seeing some bigger events involving Legendariies launching.

Joqu

I'm not as done as I'd like to be with gen 1, though I've been making good progress in the last few weeks. I'm at 108 Pokemon caught, ignoring any Johto babies.

Great news though. The new encounter gameplay business sounds intriguing.

Ah, so they are making it harder to catch pokemon and increasing the amount of possible items at pokestops to reduce your chances of getting balls to help nudge players to buying more stuff.

That's what I'm afraid of. It's less of an issue for me as I used a shiteload of gym coins early-on to expand my bag because I'm at a Pokestop at work but it's bullshit for most players.

Top Bottom