• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda PC system requirements

JMY86

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB

Perplexing. GTX1060 recommended and Brad from GB was saying the PC build he played had some issues.

Odd. Here's hoping for optimization and a day one patch i guess.

opricnik

Banned
Those are some hard CPU requirements.

Aside from that minimum is PS4 and maximum is PRO (in terms of GPU) and Ram

Tovarisc

4882dsH.png
R6K9koV.png

sirap

Perplexing. GTX1060 recommended and Brad from GB was saying the PC build he played had some issues.

Odd. Here's hoping for optimization and a day one patch i guess.

Probably an older build. Other people have reported the same lack of polish too.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to go PS4 Pro. I'll probably want to play he MP with one of my best friends there anyway, and with performance issues reported my 970 probably isn't up for it anyway.

I also have enough PSN credit to buy it digitally there from buying some cards with gamestop credit.

Probably an older build. Other people have reported the same lack of polish too.

Right. I'm still overall optimistic based on how frostbite has been running for most titles. Also, from the gameplay videos we've seen, the game doesn't immediately stand out as a looker (could be YT compression or a million other things) so i'm not anticipating a crazy taxing game.

Do we know if NV is brining any unique stuff to the table? Other than Ansel, DSR etc.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So a 2500k and 970 combo will struggle on this?

Haven't really paid attention to much of the media around this but is it that much better looking than Witcher 3 or is this just not optimized well?

Huh? You'll be fine. 970 can max Inquisition and Witcher 3 easily, it should definitely be enough for this game on high. Recommended 1060 isn't a powerhouse card either.

Okay I was gonna say, that sounded funky

ISee

Weird they didn't mention Origin. Can it be purchased through Steam?

of course not.

Damn only have a 970...Also my laptop has a 1070 but I am pretty sure its weaker than my 970.

Actually the laptop 1070 isn't a special downsized version anymore it is a full fledged 1070, with a bit slower clock speed. But it will definitely still be faster than your desktop 970.

kami_sama

Damn, My 4670k will not cut it anymore.
I can try to oc it, but after some bad experiences with my mb, I don't want to do it.

Torn because I got a good deal on the Amazon price error for the deluxe edition ($48) for PS4 and I have a Pro.

However, I have a i7 6700/GTX 980 Ti PC and I'd prefer to play this on an Elite controller with paddles. But the PC version is $70.

Damn only have a 970...Also my laptop has a 1070 but I am pretty sure its weaker than my 970.

I would expect that 970's will start having to kick down one or two settings on new releases, but a 970 isn't that far away from a 1060 3 GB, so it won't be that severe.

Hard to say what the recommended specs mean without context, but I'm not worried.

Laptop 1070 is not a cut down version like previous gen, it is the same spec as the desktop one and will eat your 970 alive.

Good to know. I only play path of exile and BF1 on my laptop so far and 1080p everything on Low BF1 struggles at times (dips) but it is probably an intensive game.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Torn because I got a good deal on the Amazon price error for the deluxe edition ($48) for PS4 and I have a Pro.

However, I have a i7 6700/GTX 980 Ti PC and I'd prefer to play this on an Elite controller with paddles. But the PC version is $70.

Its $52 for the PC version on amazon with the prime discount.

opricnik

Banned
Good to know. I only play path of exile and BF1 on my laptop so far and 1080p everything on Low BF1 struggles at times (dips) but it is probably an intensive game.

You probably run on HD Intel card instead of DGPU. That card is beast and your version is same on desktop ones but just lower clock speed i think.

roytheone

Oh first time i see my I5 3570 in the Minimum requirements.
Fuck, time to gear up and buy a new cpu, i guess.

I tend to find that cpu requirements are utter nonsense. My i7 870 is below a lot of minimum specs these days, but can run almost all games just fine. Yeah, you get bottlenecked in certain games, but nothing truly severe.

Lister

Banned

Are you sure the game is running on your GPU and not the intel APU? Seen a lot of people having this issue. A 1070 should definitely not be struggling with Bf1 at 1080p on low.

Lister

Banned
Huh. I saw ME1+2 on Steam, I thought. I guess since #3 they stopped?
Oh well. Torrents are fine by me in this case.

Suggesting piracy is:

1) Bannable, I'd edit if I were you.

2) Assholish. Stop pirating games, don't be an ass. Also support the platform and grow up for christ sakes.

You need to change your power settings to make sure your 1070 is powering your games instead of your iGPU.

Something is definitely up with your laptop. Check temperatures and make sure drivers are up to date. And check whether it is running on performance mode.

Huh. I saw ME1+2 on Steam, I thought. I guess since #3 they stopped?
Oh well. Torrents are fine by me in this case.

Piracy is bannable offense on gaf. "Piracy if it is not on Steam" is even worse than "No buy if it is not on Steam".

GRaider81

And I sit here thinking maybe I should go from current 16 to 32 now that 16 is coming more often recommended.
Yeah I'm thinking the same. When I see one of my specs as recommended, alarm bells start ringing lol. I like to be over and above.

Need those crazy ram prices to come down though.

Pachinko

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Mine - win 10 64bit
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
Mine - Intel Core i7-6700k
MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
Mine 32GB
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB
Mine GTX 1070 8GB X2SLI

Will I be okay guys ? 😎

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

What laptop is this? You should be destroying BF1 on max settings.

bf11070.png~original

Huh.

Anyone know how my i5 4460/980 will hold up? Might just get this on Pro, those requirements seem a bit steeper than I expected

The 980 is slightly faster than the 1060 3GB, is it not?

ISee

We're going to get the usual ~10hours early play via access?
Will be surely enough time for people to report on pc performance.

Top Bottom