• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda PC system requirements

Oh first time i see my I5 3570 in the Minimum requirements.
Fuck, time to gear up and buy a new cpu, i guess.

For what it's worth, you should still play well enough with something like a Core i5 2500K. Don't rush out to buy a new CPU unless you're seeing problems you can specifically point to being a result of the CPU - when the game comes out, you can use the console command "PerfOverlay.DrawGraph True", similar to other Frostbite titles, to see how your CPU and GPU are individually doing. If the CPU line is matching the GPU line (it won't go less than it for reasons) you're still okay.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
my pc will handle it no problem :) i7-6700K/16/1070.

although i do hear of performance issues. so i may end up just getting it for PS4 if it's really bad.

Pjsprojects

Looks easy enough to run well.

Will be waiting to see if its a good PC port and buying on PS4 if its not.

Thanks to Origin access for the trial/pre purchase test.

daninthemix

Am wondering how well this will run on a 970, or rather, how low the graphics settings will need to go in order for it to run well.

I wish I understood what that all means precisely! All I know is I'm okay for recommended (and slightly better) with my 1080 and oc'd 4790k. Hopefully can hit 1440p@60fps but might need sacrifices. Alternatively 4K@30fps.

Want to get it on PC, but don't like Origin and most of my friends are getting it on PS4... Probably not getting it until summer or fall though so I guess I'll get whichever goes on sale first, or maybe just get a key for cheap.

ISee

Yeah, Origin Access for MEA is confirmed. Will begin.. 16th

Edit: checked

great!

Huh.

Anyone know how my i5 4460/980 will hold up? Might just get this on Pro, those requirements seem a bit steeper than I expected

A 980 is still significantly faster than a 1060/3g. I'm sure you'll be just fine at 1080p/60, frostbite engine games seem to run exceptionally well. Of course this could be an exemption. Just hold out you'll get benchmarks/performance impressions way before release.

Want to get it on PC, but don't like Origin and most of my friends are getting it on PS4... Probably not getting it until summer or fall though so I guess I'll get whichever goes on sale first, or maybe just get a key for cheap.

It's 39€/$42 on cdkeys.com.
Still waiting for origin access impressions may be worthwhile.

Lister

Banned
my pc will handle it no problem :) i7-6700K/16/1070.

although i do hear of performance issues. so i may end up just getting it for PS4 if it's really bad.

People, so far, eveyr publicaiton that got hands on time, was playing the PC version. Has anyone heard different?

Now, what do you think the situaiton with the PS4 version is if they are showing off the PC version, warts and all to the press?

I'd be worried about that PS4 version if I were you.

Frankly the whole perspective is so out of touch wiht the reality of the state of games, ESPECIALLY frostbite games. When has a frostbite engine game been better on a console?

I can count the games that have been WORSE on PC than on console frostbite or not in the past couple of years in one hand, after suffering a horrific blender accident.

diaspora

I should upgrade from my 16GB RAM... but at that point I should go to DDR4, and doing so requires a new mobo too. And a new CPU.

>.>

Am wondering how well this will run on a 970, or rather, how low the graphics settings will need to go in order for it to run well.

It'll be fine. 970 is still a beast.

I was worried about my i7 2600 but apparently it's not terrible compared to the recommended CPU. The ol' girl is five years old at this point; I got this PC for ME3.

Tovarisc

Give Origin a new try. It's actually quite legit platform now days and easily tolerable for those good EA titles.

Edit: Semi pains to see i7's as recommended CPU when rocking just i5 6600K. If BF1 is anything to go by I should be fine, but still... :/

What laptop is this? You should be destroying BF1 on max settings.

bf11070.png~original

The 980 is slightly faster than the 1060 3GB, is it not?

This is the laptop. https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=aYCwWJ6iFuPj8AeG04bgAg#q=asus+15.6+laptop+gl502VS&*

Maybe It has to do with power settings. It is always plugged in when I play and I doubt it is running on the intel chip as it runs too well for that to be the case.

DPB

I really wish the retail version wasn't just a code in a box, it's going to take me an eternity to download those 55 GB with my terribly slow connection.

A 970 is just a little bit below a 1060 3 GB, which is the recommended card (aka probably max settings at 1080 or 1440).

I don't think us 970 have anything to worry about for at least another two years.

daninthemix

A 970 is just a little bit below a 1060 3 GB, which is the recommended card (aka probably max settings at 1080 or 1440).

I don't think us 970 have anything to worry about for at least another two years.

I also play on Steam Link, so I'd imagine there's a bit of overhead there on either CPU or GPU.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
People, so far, eveyr publicaiton that got hands on time, was playing the PC version. Has anyone heard different?

Now, what do you think the situaiton with the PS4 version is if they are showing off the PC version, warts and all to the press?

I'd be worried about that PS4 version if I were you.

Frankly the whole perspective is so out of touch wiht the reality of the state of games, ESPECIALLY frostbite games. When has a frostbite engine game been better on a console?

I can count the games that have been WORSE on PC than on console frostbite or not in the past couple of years in one hand, after suffering a horrific blender accident.

well whatever platform performs best i'll get it there. if PS4 is much worse i'll get it on PC. no problem for me.

Lister

Banned
I also play on Steam Link, so I'd imagine there's a bit of overhead there on either CPU or GPU.

I don't think so. Pretty sure if you have GPU accelleraiton enabled for streaming, it's using the built in hardware encoder to compress the video. Well, technically there is a slight overhead, btut it shouldn't amount to more than 1 to 3 FPS.

vkris

Banned
Piracy is bannable offense on gaf. "Piracy if it is not on Steam" is even worse than "No buy if it is not on Steam".

Suggesting piracy is:

1) Bannable, I'd edit if I were you.

2) Assholish. Stop pirating games, don't be an ass. Also support the platform and grow up for christ sakes.

http://imgur.com/a/k8vfs

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, you both seem to be mistaken.
Talking about morals of pirating a game from a shit publisher after the debacle which was the ME3 ending is fine, na?

EDIT: Furthermore, it's not so much that it's NOT on Steam, rather than the problem that it's ONLY on Origin. If I can find a non-launcher way, that'd work too :)

Hopefully my PC will be able to run it at 1080/60. i5 6600k GTX 970 8GB RAM. This will give me a good excuse to upgrade my RAM actually.

jb1234

I'll be okay on my i7-4790k and 970 but man, the recommended requirements have definitely been creeping up...

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, you seem to be mistaken.
Talking about morals of pirating a game from a shit publisher after the debacle which was the ME3 ending is fine, na?

EDIT: Furthermore, it's not so much that it's NOT on Steam, rather than the problem that it's ONLY on Origin. If I can find a non-launcher way, that'd work too :)

...It's obviously cool to not like BioWare or EA anymore (although that might negate that EA have published a bunch of pretty good games in recent years)...but even as burnt as I was with the ME3 ending...I don't understand how people act like it's some sort of moral outrage, 5 years on.

Oh well :p

Is our opposition to Origin related to EA or is it the program itself? Personally I've never had any problems with it. Uplay, on the other hand, can fuck right off.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Not the deluxe edition, which is what I want. Amazon doesn't even offer it.

Is there anything specific about the Deluxe version you feel is worth the cost? I ask only because I was planning on just getting the standard, however if there is something major I'm missing out on I'll spend the extra.

Lister

Banned

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, you both seem to be mistaken.

I think it's funny you're trying to paint your "I'm a pirate this thing 'cause it's not on Steam" post as a moral argument about piracy.

And no, just because you were dissatisfied with the ending of 3, does not not entitle you to the sequel for free, what the fuck is even wrong with you to think that would be the case?

No one here is going to back you on your nonsense.

Sorry for the hijack, everyone else.

prag16

Banned
Before anybody has a meltdown, yes, 2500k/970 combo will be fine. Will you be able to go full ultra 1080p60? No, but you'll still be fine.

Tovarisc

Is there anything specific about the Deluxe version you feel is worth the cost? I ask only because I was planning on just getting the standard, however if there is something major I'm missing out on I'll spend the extra.

If you plan on playing a lot MP then DDE comes with free MP gear pack for some early unlocks, little less grind to be done later on. Then there is pet, few weapons and costumes. If they are similar to what DAI had then they give early to mid-ish game boost and then get dropped.

vkris

Banned
...It's obviously cool to not like BioWare or EA anymore (although that might negate that EA have published a bunch of pretty good games in recent years)...but even as burnt as I was with the ME3 ending...I don't understand how people act like it's some sort of moral outrage, 5 years on.

Oh well :p

Well I don't care for 'cool' or whatever, and in fact I never played ME3 myself but had a cousin who was really into it, explaining lots of the story and lore and yada-yada but he was extremely dissatisfied with the ending, which I saw the different colored shades on YouTube.

BattleFront and BF1 were my most recent disappointments from them. Bought both. 160$+ worth of regret.

Anyways he told me that they mucked up the story so bad that they couldn't just leap into the future a few years but now it's in a galaxy far far away as well. I'll check Let's Plays on Youtube.

Good luck with that, I'm sure this has Denuvo

Looks like all of EA's recent masterpieces have had it lately. So, Let's Plays it is!

I think it's funny you're trying to paint your "I'm a pirate this thing 'cause it's not on Steam" post as a moral argument about piracy.

And no, just because you were dissatisfied with the ending of 3, does not not entitle you to the sequel for free, what the fuck is even wrong with you to think that would be the case?

Well for one I didn't say I was going to pirate it, I specifically said that it would be OK by me ;)

And for two, I didn't play ME3, only saw the endings on YT which is enough for me to not give 'em money for that.

Proving Colin right with his entitled gamer spiel.No, a shit ending of a video game doesn't make piracy okay and this is obvious to functioning adults.

And yes just saying "lol i wil pairat" will get you permed.

- The topics of emulation and piracy in the context of the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

You may need to reread them rules, broheem.

Yea, just like I said above. Never played ME3 so its not so much that the ending was all bad (Saw on YouTube how awful it was, but didn't invest myself at that point)
And I didn't say I would pirate, or pairat :)

Lastly, just wanted to say that there have been MULTIPLE games from big or small dev studios that I wasn't sure about and after trying them I did end up purchasing, sometimes even twice (for a friend, etc)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seems like I'm between minimum and recommended for everything but RAM(8gb for me).

Is 16gb ram even going to make a difference? I always thought performance was more due to CPU & GPU.

It's 39€/$42 on cdkeys.com.
Still waiting for origin access impressions may be worthwhile.

Thanks! Still a bit too steep for me right now. I love Mass Effect, but there just too many other games (as well as a new system) that I value more highly, so Mass Effect would have to be presented in a Godfather offer, if I'm going to get it close to launch, especially having maybe two or three friends who might be active online. To your point, I'll be keeping an eye out for impressions. The fact that there's a new lead on the project and so little actual gameplay footage makes this game even more of an unknown quantity than it would be as just another brand new game. With all of that said, the combat trailer was very promising and I'm sure it'll turn out just fine.

Give Origin a new try. It's actually quite legit platform now days and easily tolerable for those good EA titles.

Yeah, I like the new and improved look! I don't think it's a horrible platform or anything, I really just don't like it because it's not Steam. What tends to happen with Origin games for me is, my friends and I will pick up a game, and after playing it for the first time, we gradually forget about it over the course of a week or two because Origin isn't something we would be using otherwise.

Top Bottom