• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix releases Final Fantasy XV PC tech test video (running on GTX 1080 Ti)

Exentryk

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Looks like some pretty enhanced features for the PC port are planned for highest end users. Good news.

But i don't think they should release it until all the content and DLC come out on console to make the game actually a full experience. Only after should they release it all together as a GOTY edition for PC

And not counting the gameworks, the engine itself always screamed for more. I'm sure even current GPUs couldn't use all the features it once had in a practical way.

True Fire

The PC version is going to be so different from the console version. I'm kind of jealous, especially of the people who get to experience the story additions and DLC in their first run through.

If you look closely you'll see some potential new playable characters. ;)

LordKasual

Banned
Looks like some pretty enhanced features for the PC port are planned for highest end users. Good news.

But i don't think they should release it until all the content and DLC come out on console to make the game actually a full experience

With the amount of feature expansions they're adding to the PS4 version alone, i wouldn't be surprised if the final (final) version of this game adds an entirely different region/continent to explore. Maybe not with the main team...but they're adding avatar creation and co-op multiplayer too, so who really knows.

And don't forget, Tabata specifically mentioned modding. The PC version of this game is going to get some damn good mileage.

I'm so over the Duscae region. :lol

yeeeahhh....even with these visual updates, it's getting a bit old. Too much exposure.

Tailer

Heh can't wait until I see a good higher end "budget" graphic card, wanna upgrade so badly. Damn that looks so good can't wait for a the pc release tho.

Inuhanyou

With the amount of feature expansions they're adding to the PS4 version alone, i wouldn't be surprised if the final (final) version of this game adds an entirely different region/continent to explore. Maybe not with the main team...but they're adding avatar creation and co-op multiplayer too, so who really knows.

And don't forget, Tabata specifically mentioned modding. The PC version of this game is going to get some damn good mileage.

That's true.

And not counting the gameworks, the engine itself always screamed for more. I'm sure even current GPUs couldn't use all the features it once had in a practical way.

We all laughed at Luminous as another Crystal tools at one point, or atleast i did :/ ashamed of my words at deeds.

But getting to Agni's philosophy visual works CGI level of detail in characters and environments does imply a pretty big scale factor for the engine.

That's true.

Ran rp

The PC version is going to be so different from the console version. I'm kind of jealous, especially of the people who get to experience the story additions and DLC in their first run through.

If you look closely you'll see some potential new playable characters. ;)

it's like an anime opening

I would love to play this on PC! I bought a PS4 Pro for this and it would be incredible to experience this game at 60 fps on PC!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

But i don't think they should release it until all the content and DLC come out on console to make the game actually a full experience. Only after should they release it all together as a GOTY edition for PC
I doubt they have any intention to prior to at least the first season of DLC finishing.

They'll want to justify charging full price.

conpfreak

Yeah, I'm in Chapter 13 and with Zelda coming tomorrow, I'll shelf the game until the PC version comes out. Tired of the lackluster performance and jarring pacing.

//DEVIL//

I am not gonna drop a 700$ + on a video card just to play final fantasy 15.

How will this run on a gtx 1080 ?

ShdwDrake

Banned
So glad I held off on my PS4 till Horizon came out. For all the crap it got FFXV was gonna be one of the games I got on it but I can wait for the PC version :D

Wow at those improvements. I hope this comes out next year with the new 11(or whatever it's called) series of gfx cards from Nv. I'd happily get this when/if I purchase the 1170.

Kinda looks like a 2018 release to me anyway.

Byvar

Wait, they said they would try to make some characters that appear in the story playable, right? (was it for the multiplayer expansion?)
Because it looks like they gave Ardyn, Ravus and two other new characters (in the back next to Cor - Luna and the emperor?) running animations.
As for Cerberus, he'll definitely appear in one of the expansions.

Tech-wise stuff like the trails left behind in the grass and environmental destruction is pretty neat and might even be useful if the engine is ever used again.

LordKasual

Banned

It can. The version they're showcasing now is significantly better than even the highest form of the early reveal footage. And in some respects, the actual game itself is better looking than that old footage too...in a few specific areas, anyway.

Even without any of this super extra stuff, simply having the game run at the in-engine cutscene image quality would justify the purchase for me.

Fbh

Looks really cool.

But running on a graphics card that costs like 3X the whole console that runs the current version it's no surprise.

Tagyhag

I'm glad there's companies that are keeping Gamework features alive, yes some of them are performance heavy but they really add to the game experience.

Looks really cool.

But running on a graphics card that costs like 3X the whole console that runs the current version it's no surprise.

Why does everyone assume the Ti is not $700?

BasilZero

I'm enjoying the game on my OG PS4.

I will surely double dip on the PC version. No regrets at all. Just hope it comes with all the content by the time it comes out - I dont mind a long delay as long as the port is good and has all the DLC.

Inuhanyou

Is this comment mad libs

What is happening

salt at PC owners getting better graphical options and certain other things like destruction.

Ignore it. Higher end hardware gets higher end features.

Pretty simple.

As a console owner, i'm more concerned about whether or not we're getting a buggy for offroad driving

Top Bottom