• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of games with gyro aim

After this excellent thread sang the praises of gyro aiming (http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1352348), I thought it would be good to compile a list of games that utilise it, as I can't find any elsewhere.

Nintendo Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (also Wii U)
Splatoon 2

Wii U
Splatoon
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Nintendoland
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Game & Wario
ZombiU
Fatal Frame/Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
Pikmin 3 (for the camera)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (for gadgets)
Wii Fit U
Wii Sports Club

3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
The Denpa Men series
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball/Darumeshi Sports Shop
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Spirit Camera
Resident Evil Revelations

Wii
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Goldeneye 007

PS4
Gravity Rush Remastered
Gravity Rush 2
Flower (also PS3/Vita)

Vita
Gravity Rush
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Killzone: Mercenary

PS3
Folklore
Heavenly Sword
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Killzone 2
Warhawk

PC (Native Steam Controller support)
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
NB: Aiming in all games can be mapped to the Steam controller's gyro

Skarnet

Banned
After this excellent thread sang the praises of gyro aiming (http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1352348), I thought it would be good to compile a list of games that utilise it, as I can't find any elsewhere.

Nintendo Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (also Wii U)
Splatoon 2

Wii U
Splatoon
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition

PS4
Gravity Rush Remastered
Gravity Rush 2

Vita
Gravity Rush
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

3DS
Resident Evil Revelations

Wii U also has Nintendoland, Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD..

TheMoon

Wii U:
(note: the Wii U version of Resident Evil Revelations did not have gyro aim like the 3DS version)
Game & Wario
ZombiU
Nintendo Land
Star Fox Zero
Star Fox Guard

3DS:
Star Fox 64 3D
The Denpa Men series
Spirit Camera

TheMoon

Wii U:
(note: the Wii U version of Resident Evil Revelations did not have gyro aim like the 3DS version)
Game & Wario
ZombiU
Nintendo Land
Star Fox Zero
Star Fox Guard

3DS:
Star Fox 64 3D
The Denpa Men series
Spirit Camera
added

Game & Wario
ZombiU
Nintendo Land
Star Fox Zero
Star Fox Guard

to Wii U list

rjc571

Banned
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball uses it for the catching fly balls minigame. It's pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Schlomo

Yes of course, you can even set a modifier for it so it only enables when zoomed in or you can have it always on.

Sounds great, I really have to try that! I guess the game still needs normal controller support for it to work, otherwise it would be a godsend for many older games.

Echoplx

Sounds great, I really have to try that! I guess the game still needs normal controller support for it to work, otherwise it would be a godsend for many older games.

You can bind keyboard and mouse controls to gamepads within Steam so even games that don't natively support gamepads work.

Valve have done amazing work with their controller support.

For example here's a config for Return to Castle Wolfenstien on a gamepad
EMTDpIJ.png

Skyzard

Banned
Killzone Mercenary really nailed it.

So much easier and faster to do small corrections at a low sensitivity with gyro aiming. Tracking is much more enjoyable.

Was really a 10/10 game considering the platform.

-Checked the metacritic out of curiosity, 78% lol. User rating 8.9

The only well used DualShock 4 feature is the mono speaker that even multiplatform games use it.
The trackpad is only used to display multiplayer stats or map by a click and not the full features like different positions of clicks and directions of swiping.
The lightbar is mostly used with indie games like Fez but not well exploited in gameplay like for example in Thief where the lightbar goes brighter or dimmer to show how far you are exposed to light and I like the little touch of getting lit suddenly when lightning strikes.
Even First party Sony studios don't use the gyro movements in DualShock 4 which is neglected in most games, let alone in multiplatform games. The only game that used it well is Tearaway: Unfolded.

OP, you forgot to add Tearaway: Unfolded for the PS4 list.
Edit: I thought your list was about gyro aim not just gyro controls. You can aslo add Warthunder on PS4 to control movemenst and camera (you can even do it by PS4 Camera). Also MotorStorm games use the gyro too to turn left and right and many otehr racing games.

Agent X

Little Deviants and Smart As are two Vita games that probably aren't too well known, but utilized gyro aiming during certain portions.

Bulzeeb

wait, I dont remember Zombi U having Gyro aiming, and thats one of the reasons why I never finished it (I really suck at aiming with dual analogs, gyro or mouse when on pc are my default options for all games that allow it)

3DS - Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (aiming your baseball, fielding)
Switch - Little Inferno, World of Goo, Human Resource Machine (Gyro as pointing device)

wait, I dont remember Zombi U having Gyro aiming, and thats one of the reasons why I never finished it (I really suck at aiming with dual analogs, gyro or mouse when on pc are my default options for all games that allow it)

It had it, but only for the scanner on the prepper pad.

Top Bottom